Value when it comes to Trading....

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Silverbranch ( 78 )
BTown Regular

Re: Value when it comes to Trading....

Post by Silverbranch »

kalamire wrote:I see that a lot people want to value the models because it's "Pro-Painted" my response is always " It doesnt match my paint scheme so I'l have to strip it anyways." I don't think painted or unpainted matters that much, at-least not to me.

3eland wrote:
themailedfist wrote:Don't assume the person you are trading with/buying from is a rational actor when it comes to value. There are some people for whom your stuff is worth 10% of retail and theirs, 110% somehow.

--Robert
Yeah or your NOS stuff isn't worth as much as their "pro painted stuff that looks like a cat could do better"!
I say amen!!! Look I suck at painting and as much as I'd like to have the proverbial pro painted army, I suck at balancing my check book too.
So your pro painted [fill in the blank] is really not worth 600% msrp. Yes I saw an offer on fee-bay for a riptide the was painted for $600. Pretty, yes, worth it no.
My army will be painted at my skill level and suck equally. I will offer some one fair market value and that is all :p
Returning to real life now...
Silver
Lower Rating? You ship first unless we agree otherwise regardless whether it's a sale or trade of miniatures. Feedback is there for a reason. If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines! Pro-painted means nothing to me unless I'm buying an entire army. Offers are good for 48 Hours, otherwise void.

People who owe me trade refs:
About420Arabs
hiddikel
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Value when it comes to Trading....

Post by MagickalMemories »

That puts you in a different category than others.
To some, "pro" painted (actual pro - nice looking and all) DOES carry a premium. If you want a model to strip & repaint to match your army, you probably shouldn't be looking for the pro/nicely painted stuff. You should be approaching different sellers. If you have sellers approaching you with their "pro/nicely" painted stuff, maybe you weren't clear in your ad as to what you wanted.
I have a bunch of (actual) professionally painted models I'm trying to get rid of. When I respond to an ad, I always make sure to tell them the quality of the paint and that I'm looking for a higher price because of that. Some people only want their armies to match but, to others, it's not a big deal. They'd rather have nice looking models (or, at least, not have to paint the models themselves LOL).

It's hard to make blanket statements in situations like this, as there are such varying opinions amongst buyers.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”