Didnt know they still made these

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Didnt know they still made these

Post by EVIL INC »

A few years ago, I discovered that the old Seward trunks (actually look nice and are made of lightweight particle board) held the foam trays from army transport perfectly. You can have 4 stacks that fit tight so they don't slide about and there is enough space in the middle to house rule books.
The ones I had were old and crappy and my last decent one my ex busted up in a fit of rage one day. That week, I came across new ones in a wal mart (only one I saw have them but it does show that they are still being made. Years ago, you could get them for $20 but now, they have a $40 price tag on them. In fact, I saw they now have another variant that is a taller square one that would hold 2 taller stacks without the "book space". I did not the cash to buy any then but I took note of where it was for when I go back. Today, I came across an old one in decent condition in an odds and ends store for $15 and snagged it.
The point is, I like the foam trays but found after a while, that I was accumulating more of them than I had room for in my actual army transport cases. These trunks make great "at home" storage not only because of the good no slide fit but because they are sturdy enough to even be used as end stands and coffee tables and you can trade in and out what trays you need to travel or keep them at home for home games.
Hope this helps a few of you. :-D
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Didnt know they still made these

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Pics?
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Yeah.. this sounds really useful, and a link or pics would be great..

(actually, Google was good)

http://www.mercuryluggage-sewardtrunk.c ... Trunk.html
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

I did not realize they had wide of a variety. I'm guessing that the smaller "basic" one is the one that I am talking about and what you are most likely to see. Considering the size differential, I would recommend taking measurements.
Im wondering about the larger ones and what configuration of trays I could get to fit. hmmmmm.
I don't have the majority of my army here at the house but here are some pics showing my older trunk and the configuration the trays fit best. The trays fit snugly so you don't have to worry about them sliding unless your doing some sorta major box acrobatics.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Lit ... CN0097.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Lit ... CN0098.jpg
The pic looking inside was straight down and doesn't really show how snug the trays are. Just enough room in the middle for books.
These guys are indeed sturdy and nice looking (ignore the shabbiness of this old one I found). Wouldn't recommend dancing on them though, they are made of particle boards. lol
A lil heavy to lug about from place to place so I would not recommend them for taking to tournaments, but I feel they are great for "at home" storage of extra trays/armies. Keep animals/children away from them (they are lockable) and can serve double duty as end stands or coffee tables or stacking.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

They are alot like the KR multi case.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”