Figure Cases

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Figure Cases

Post by 3eland »

Hello once again Btown!

I'm looking for a sturdy case to fit my Lizardmen stego's and other large monsters into. I noticed GW stopped making their monster cases (or at least I cannot find them on their store) and wanted to know what you guys use to protect your monstrous minis!
Thanks in advance!
Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Figure Cases

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:Hello once again Btown!

I'm looking for a sturdy case to fit my Lizardmen stego's and other large monsters into. I noticed GW stopped making their monster cases (or at least I cannot find them on their store) and wanted to know what you guys use to protect your monstrous minis!
Thanks in advance!
Ryan
Depending on how big they are and how much you are willing to spend, I just got a Tablewar case. http://www.tablewar.com/

It is basically a huge hard case that you magnetize your minis and put them on sliding trays.

People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MattHoell ( 100 )
Resident Trader

Post by MattHoell »

http://www.planomolding.com/product.php ... 19&PID=810

I works great and is pretty cheap. You can usually find it in Walmart or any other big box store that sells gun supplies.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I highly recommend the Plano gun cases for quality/value.

I use the single pistol cases for Blood Bowl teams, Mordheim and Necro gangs, &c.

The larger cases have a ton of uses.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Plano sounds very familiar to me, I will have to look into them for sure. Thanks MattHoell for the link and both S_o_r_r_o_w and you for the recommendation.
@pretre, that is fabulous too! All my Saurus models have magnetized bases (and I am slowly magnetizing the skinks too), having a magnetic holder would be pretty awesome, especially for weird/converted models or organic ones like my Nids that don't really fit into the foam nicely.

Definitely some alternatives to look into, thanks guys!
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:@pretre, that is fabulous too! All my Saurus models have magnetized bases (and I am slowly magnetizing the skinks too), having a magnetic holder would be pretty awesome, especially for weird/converted models or organic ones like my Nids that don't really fit into the foam nicely.
Yeah, Tablewar is not cheap but it is awesome. Not having to worry about breaking dudes while putting them in foam or finding weird foam cuts is a big bonus. I'm magnetizing my space wolves right now for it and it has been great.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

pretre wrote:
3eland wrote:@pretre, that is fabulous too! All my Saurus models have magnetized bases (and I am slowly magnetizing the skinks too), having a magnetic holder would be pretty awesome, especially for weird/converted models or organic ones like my Nids that don't really fit into the foam nicely.
Yeah, Tablewar is not cheap but it is awesome. Not having to worry about breaking dudes while putting them in foam or finding weird foam cuts is a big bonus. I'm magnetizing my space wolves right now for it and it has been great.
Are the shelves themselves metal or do you have to get those magnetic strips for them? I agree, not worrying about breaking models are a bonus.
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:Are the shelves themselves metal or do you have to get those magnetic strips for them? I agree, not worrying about breaking models are a bonus.
The shelves are plastic and you get inserts from them that have a tin layer on the bottom. You can get one that is like 12 25MM base slots, so it holds your dudes.

I actually went a different route (because of a mistake in ordering) and got the flat plastic shelves and glued magnetic sheeting to them. Then I put washers on the bottom of all my bases. That's worked out great so far, as well.

There's a pretty decent review from Reecius of Frontline on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcAAqbRrow
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

As others have said, the TableWar is pretty cool and holds a ton of stuff (making it extremely heavy!). I use BattleFoam for moving stuff around, but keep my Mercenaries in my TableWar case.
The previous owner of mine (I got it here) glued full metal sheets onto the trays to make room for even more guys, which has been pretty awesome.
20130705_110802.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

wow seeing the case up close and being used actually makes it look even cooler!

I'll have to look into both options, because both have potential. Plano gives my monsters that extra protection but the tableware case gives them that showcase quality ha ha!
~Ryan~

roddo ( 146 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by roddo »

one thing to note with the gun cases, don't leave them in your car where they are visible. If you can't put them in your trunk probably not a good idea to have them, as people will be more likely to break into your vehicle thinking they are stealing a gun. Also if ya like the magnetized base idea, check out metal toolboxes, lowes has some made by kobalt I used prior to getting my battlefoam bag. They are heavy though.
Now the important Stuff:
lower rating ships first
Delivery confirmation prefered
please allow me at least a day to reply, 1-2 days for pictures
if you need pics of anything, please ask, and give an E-mail to send it to
If you want to buy please send offer, worst that can happen is that I say no
BUYING OR SELLING BUYER PAYS FIRST REGARDLESS OF RATING, PAYPAL OFFERS ALOT MORE PROTECTION THAN YOUR RATING DOES
Paypal settings: Personal->payment owed(or gift, etc...) They will not charge you fees
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

roddo wrote:one thing to note with the gun cases, don't leave them in your car where they are visible. If you can't put them in your trunk probably not a good idea to have them, as people will be more likely to break into your vehicle thinking they are stealing a gun. Also if ya like the magnetized base idea, check out metal toolboxes, lowes has some made by kobalt I used prior to getting my battlefoam bag. They are heavy though.
Thanks, but where I live (and where I tend to go to roll dice), the population of cows exceeds humans by like 1000 to 1. I don't think people breaking into my car will be an issue :D. However, I will probably still put the cases in my trunk any ways, can never be too safe! I was actually looking around for alternatives to the magnetic case and the tool box idea did pop up, however they are heavy wow! I don't think I will be wanting to lug around a toolbox on Warhammer nights lol.

I have yet to find a gun case though, I guess the Walmart's up here don't carry them, I have to push my expedition further!
~Ryan~

optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

You'll have to go to a specialty gun store up here to find a gun case, not too many places carry them. Bass Pro Mills might be your best option.

I personally love my Battlefoam. I have both my Tau and most of my BA armies in my 720.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

optimusprime14 wrote:You'll have to go to a specialty gun store up here to find a gun case, not too many places carry them. Bass Pro Mills might be your best option.

I personally love my Battlefoam. I have both my Tau and most of my BA armies in my 720.
Okay cool, there is one not too far from my town.

Battlefoam I thought about too, I heard you can get them to precut a design or something? That would be handy!
~Ryan~

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

What is used around here by the frugal, is bananna boxes.
You can get them for free from grocery stores.
They put several layers of foam, that is available at craft stores. Holes are cut in the foam with 1 inch or 1.5 inch cup-hole saws. These are used in electric drills to cut door knobs and locks holes. 25MM bases are about 1 inch. You cut 1 hole for each mini. You cut 2 holes, touching, for bikes and the like. You cut 3 in a triangle pattern. [like thenurgle icon] for larger bases. You can cut 3-4 or more holes for bigger models. You can easily cut the foam with a sharp knife for vehicles and such.

All of the craft stores, like Michaels or Joann Fabrics, have mailing lists that they send out coupns at least once a month.

Cheap and customisable.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”