Anyone recommend a game store in Des Moines, IA?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Anyone recommend a game store in Des Moines, IA?

Post by porkuslime »

I am getting to visit scenic Des Moines for work in late October..

I will be staying in the downtown area.. and am curious if anyone has any good recommendations for interesting game stores in town.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Re: Anyone recommend a game store in Des Moines, IA?

Post by eman1_2 »

I do a bit of travel for work, and what I typically do is go the the Games Workshop site, the Reaper mini site, and Privateer Press site, and use their store finder functions.

Sometimes hit a dud with an out of business place, but uaually fairly accurate for finding someplace.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
alqadim ( 162 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by alqadim »

Pork,

Oddly enough. I just moved to Des Moines from Texas and can help you out here!

Mayhem Comics and Games is a fantastic store in Des Moines (One I frequent the most http://www.mayhemcomics.com/)

There is also Jay's CD and Hobby as well as Chamber of Champions that are both also excellent.

If you give me a ping when you are around I can also see about hauling some games or minis up for some gaming when you are in town. There are also board game groups that are very friendly to visitors on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please note I have moved to a new state, do not be alarmed!
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Well.. I am in DSM now.. and thanks to not having a car, am kinda limited to either the downtown area, or kind people wanting to play taxi service.

Crud.

-P
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”