Archery Season for deer soon.

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Xoan ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader
Location: Garden City, Kansas or 3 miles from the middle of no where

Archery Season for deer soon.

Post by Xoan »

I am so looking forward to Archery Deer season this year. I have not gone in a since I was 15 so a little over 2 decades ago. lol I got me a new Mathew's Craze bow, all the bells and whistles on it, and set the lbs to 66. I feel good to take shots up to 40 yards now, and I have been scouting the patterns of two mule deer in Kansas which is the more rare of the two species here.

They are both in Western Centeral Kansas, one is a non-typical 4x4 that looks like a white tail in the horn, but has mule deer ears and butt. I believe it is a hybrid of the two species. The other is a truly massive 5x5 mule deer with the total rack over 24 inches wide, and nearly 30 inches tall. I grew up in Oregon, and hunted mule deer until I joined the Army and moved, this is the largest deer I have ever seen in my life on the hoof.

If either of these give me the chance I will shoot either of them without a question.

Sadly could not afford to get my bow, all the gear, light weather camo, and all the scent blocking items as well as trail cams so I do not have any pictures of them, but I did get some pictures of the area. One would not think this 80 acres plot of CRP would hold two massive mule deer and well over a dozen doe but it does.

Any of you scouting specific deer this year for archery? If so any pictures?
I will ship out of the US please let me know within the first post where you are if not in the US, it does affect how the trade goes some times. Thanks Also lower rank ships first, and I always want to both use and receive a tracking number so I can know when to expect things.

I have a website and a blog, and I am a painting service feel free to ask for a quote anytime.
http://miniaturesampd.com/
http://miniaturesampd.wordpress.com/
orctez ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Archery Season for deer soon.

Post by orctez »

I just moved to Colorado and i missed the drawings for hunting season :( We have mulies here in western CO as well. I use a traditional bow. My shots are best within 15-20 yds. I had a friend in TX that let me hunt on his ranch. I have all season to find some good spots at least :D I hope to get some mulies and a big horn sheep next year! Good luck on your hunt!
Xoan ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader
Location: Garden City, Kansas or 3 miles from the middle of no where

Post by Xoan »

Today was a bust with all that rain. It must of rained for 3 hours prior to first light, there was still deer out there but they were in a funk and never came in closer than a 100 yards. One was a boarder line shooter though...
I will ship out of the US please let me know within the first post where you are if not in the US, it does affect how the trade goes some times. Thanks Also lower rank ships first, and I always want to both use and receive a tracking number so I can know when to expect things.

I have a website and a blog, and I am a painting service feel free to ask for a quote anytime.
http://miniaturesampd.com/
http://miniaturesampd.wordpress.com/
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

If you get something, PLEASE post pics!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”