X-Wing vs Attack Wing - Advice?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

ByzantineFalcon ( 110 )
Journeyman Trader

X-Wing vs Attack Wing - Advice?

Post by ByzantineFalcon »

I HOPE this is the right forum.

I bought into X-Wing after seeing it played at Siege of Augusta. It looked like the space version of Wings of War with better mechanics overall. Bought into it fairly heavily, especially given the quality of the figures and the 'beer and pretzels' style of gaming it was. Now, I am finding that my stuff is sitting in foam in my closet for the odd day when I find someone interested in playing, which is not often.

Out comes Attack Wing. I like Trek slightly more than SW, especially DS9/Voyager (the Dominion War especially), and, low and behold, look at what the first focus is.

Searching online has given me a variety of posts/comments about the differences, but I figured I would ask here, what do you all think?
If no price is listed, make an offer. Let's put the "barter" back in bartertown.

Photobucket Sale Album - If its up, its for sale
ByzantineFalcon's Workbench - Gaming Blog
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: X-Wing vs Attack Wing - Advice?

Post by kturock »

I've played Xwing vs someone who has all of Wings of War.
He said they're the same or at least close enough. Which is what you've said.

SW vs ST is a matter of preference. They're both made by the same company, but I can't see there being many, if any rules differences.
The 2 games might be compatible, but not necessarily work vs each other.
Like HeroClix, LotR clix & Star Trek clix.

It comes down to 3 questions.

which do you like better?
what's played in your area?
you've already bought alot of SW are you willing to spend the time to trade off the SW or the money to buy ST?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

The 2 are actually made by 2 different companies. WizKids licensed the FFG X-wing game engine.

The star wars ships are much better looking. WizKids just repackaged their pre-paint. poor quality sculpts, scaling is aweful from ship to ship, mixed eras in timeline.

I wanted the Atatck Wing, but after seeing the models in person, went out and got X-wing.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
Beermaster07 ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Beermaster07 »

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Call me when Star Wars has any ONE line that's 1/100th as cool as that. Till then, SWAW hands down. :P
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Prepare to fire this Fully functional Death Star, and yes, your friends on the planet walked into a trap.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”