How ot help end world hunger,Global warming,Economy, and mor

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

imperialguard40k ( 8 )
New Trader

How ot help end world hunger,Global warming,Economy, and mor

Post by imperialguard40k »

We should build a river between Mexico and America.The river should be about a mile deep by 2 miles wide, allowing any ships, subs or future naval vessels to go through with no problem.The river will be an extension of the Rio Grande, an already existing river between Mexico and America. By building this river, it will help border security by preventing the average person from breaking into America. A river would also increase America's defenses by allowing naval vessels and subs to go through a shorter route. Naval vessels and subs would no longer need to go around north, south america, and/or Panama Canal thus saving massive amount of money, time, and resources. The river can also be used to transport normal sea vessels and charging them money like Panama Canal. By being a river, we can have a bigger flow of ships and have it cheaper to get through. This would put the Panama Canal out of business. Then, by having every one go through the new Rio Grande River, the price could be raised to earn more money. Also the construction of river will give massive employment and easy work(if you consider construction easy aka no degree work majority). As a bonus, the people on welfare would be able to help construct the river if they want to keep collecting tax money. Another benefit would be a reduction of people on welfare who are solely using it to earn money (i.e. fraud) thus gaining even more money from this river project. By having all these people come to the river area, this would cause massive moving, allowing the highways, gas stations and other businesses to benefit. With the people moving to the river area, new businesses would appear causing more employment to occur and more money which would cause more tax dollars to be collected, paying for the river worker's wages. Also, the river can be used to cause mass irrigation so more land can be farmed, providing more jobs, tax dollars and money in the economy. Also, with a river, we could build more water generators and nuclear power plants, causing more money and jobs. Like the Hoover Dam, new cities will arrive helping out even more. This will also help the environment by causing new plants to grow which would lead to more foods and habitats for animals.
Last edited by imperialguard40k on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheOgreTyrant ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: How ot help end world hunger,Global warming,Economy, and

Post by TheOgreTyrant »

Maybe if you are going to present the "next great idea" you should use proper grammar and spelling :D

Seriously, you even misspelled the title mate?
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Joined 5 days ago, 11 posts, really large post about building a river between Mexico and the US to help end world hunger, global warming, economy and more.... Troll?

Either way, there are many, many other ways to "help" end world hunger, global warming, economy and more without having to build a river between Mexico and the US.
By building this river, it will help border security by preventing the average person from breaking into America
It would seem to me this thread holds a little racism maybe? Did you know approximately 56% of illegals are from Mexico? that means the other 44% is from elsewhere in the world that a simple 2 mile river would not be an issue to cross (although I doubt the 2 miles would be an issue if someone REALLY wanted in from Mexico).

Putting millions if not billions into building a 2 mile wide river that spanned across would be a waste of money that could be put elsewhere. You bring up the point of building nuclear power plants and water generators giving jobs but building such a large station(s) to house jobs specifically along the border of the river would mean people would have to move south, something I highly doubt most people would want to do just to make money, I also don't think the choice of work would really make a person move either. The enhanced security by allowing ships and other vessels to cross America without having to go around is a little silly too, the NAVY isn't just placed on one side of the continent in hopes that the "bad guys" don't hit from the other side, and if you were to use this river to transport such expensive/important vessels, wouldn't national security be an issue if normal patrons could use the waters for regular business work? Having a top security submarine share the same waters as any roughneck unidentified ship could lead to a missing submarine or an easier terrorist plan to be sought out.

I feel your plan for ending world hunger (which I don't see how this would help), global warming (again, how will this river help in ending global warming), the economy and more needs to be addressed with a little more head work. You may have some genuine ideas in mind but surely there can be more done without having to build such a river?
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Yeah. I think this topic is just *off the mark* enough to warrant a stoppage.

@OP

If you want to repost the thread, then feel freel This time, though, format it better and spell out your opinions in a more thought-out way. Add support to your opinions beyond just "I think." Show real-world facts.

In short, this thread (the OP, especially) is unfocused enough to be a PITA, and I'm not dealing with it. You're welcome to post these conversations here, but only if you do it intelligently.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”