PM's

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

PM's

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

How many of you respond to PM's when someone is interested in your army, even if you aren't interested in what they are currently offering? There's this one guy I've been trying to get in contact with. I've sent him a dozen PM's ranging from a trade 33% in his favor, to hey, is that army still available, to hey, it'd be nice to hear back from you one way or the other, to what are you looking to get for that army? And I haven't received a single response. It's frustrating.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: PM's

Post by kturock »

To me, that's a warning to not trade/deal with the guy.

I try to respond to all pm's, even if it's only to say, sorry they're sold/traded/gone.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Post by usernamesareannoying »

i know exactly what you're talking about siege and you're right, it is frustrating and annoying.
i respond to all PMs one way or another.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Siegebeast2142 wrote:How many of you respond to PM's when someone is interested in your army, even if you aren't interested in what they are currently offering? There's this one guy I've been trying to get in contact with. I've sent him a dozen PM's ranging from a trade 33% in his favor, to hey, is that army still available, to hey, it'd be nice to hear back from you one way or the other, to what are you looking to get for that army? And I haven't received a single response. It's frustrating.
Has he read them? if Yes I'd go with Kturock, if No then maybe a little more patience is in order :D Are these messages spread out over a few days, a week, a month?

Usually when I PM someone twice and they haven't responded (after reading it) I know they are not interested and just being a jerk not replying and I move on, if they reply like a week later I tell them "sorry but you read both my messages and never responded for a week, I'm no longer interested".

If your really really really wanting the army, I guess keep PMing lol
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

They've been spread out over a couple of days, and read.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Then he's not interested in your offer and being a jerk, or is looking for a better offer and being a jerk.

Bottom line, he's being a jerk now. What happens if you buy or trade with him and you have to wait anf wait and wait for him to ship his end and doesn't repond?
You've been warned by his actions. I say quit while you're ahead.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

kturock wrote:Then he's not interested in your offer and being a jerk, or is looking for a better offer and being a jerk.

Bottom line, he's being a jerk now. What happens if you buy or trade with him and you have to wait anf wait and wait for him to ship his end and doesn't repond?
I +1 to this
~Ryan~

Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

Seconded, thirded and measure passes!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

kturock wrote:Then he's not interested in your offer and being a jerk, or is looking for a better offer and being a jerk.

I mostly agree. I'd say he's being RUDE or DISCOURTEOUS, but not a JERK. It's a small difference, but it's a difference. I mean, IF (and I don't know, so this is all hypothetical) he posted that his wants were "X" and you're trying to talk him into "Y" by offering an incredible deal, maybe *HE* is annoyed with the "jerks" who keep PMing him with offers of things not on his Wants List and is fed up with the constant "No, thanks" replies he's had to give?

Just food for thought.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
chaos wolf ( 40 )
Trade Novice

Post by chaos wolf »

I'm sorry, this is kinda off topic, but how can you tell if your pm's have been read?
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

chaos wolf wrote:I'm sorry, this is kinda off topic, but how can you tell if your pm's have been read?
If it is in your outbox folder it is not read, if it is in your sent folder it has been read. I feel this question is asked like once a week.
~Ryan~

skuller ( 314 )
Bartertown's Bob Ross

Post by skuller »

Normally will respond a small "no thanks"
No international trades (not including Canada)
BTR rules
lower rates ship first
---------
Hail Hydra!!!

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”