Quirk with some BT trade posters....

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Quirk with some BT trade posters....

Post by bluemeenie »

So I have been coming here for years now and I am just wondering if anyone else finds the following amusing (and for me on some level shady...but not to bad)

People who post that they are in dire need of funds because of:

a. They can't pay rent, bills, school, etc...
b. Getting out of hobby all must go!!!! posts
c. so and so died, sick must sell all to pay off bills..
d. I HATE GW and am getting out!!!!

And they list out this huge post of items, and at the bottem there is no asking for cash just an completely new list of Wants that will pretty much fill up the selves of all the stuff they are getting rid of.

for B and D it's amusing as it is a contridiction in the same page...for A and C it just feels shady, like they are pulling on peoples heart strings in a way to manipulate them to buy their old crap so they can get new crap and really aren't looking for the so called emergancy money..

I know that if I truely needed the money for bills or whatever i would ask for cash and then use it to pay off the bills or whatever it is I am wanting for....I guess it kinda feels like a lie...
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Re: Quirk with some BT trade posters....

Post by aurak_merc »

I know what you mean. I think there are some cases though, where there is something else going on. There have been unexpected times when I have needed cash and wasn't sure I could get "money" for items, but could trade for something that I could sell (either locally, Bartertown, Ebay, etc.) and get it easier.

For instance, if I had a Warmachine grouping, that was painted, I would know that would be a hard sell. But if I traded for some NiB Space Marine stuff, I could more easily turn that around to sell it.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

bluemeenie wrote:a. They can't pay rent, bills, school, etc...
b. Getting out of hobby all must go!!!! posts
c. so and so died, sick must sell all to pay off bills..
d. I HATE GW and am getting out!!!!
Isn't this just the 'impending event' theory of sales? Give your buyer some reason why they need to act now... Just like all the stores that are perpetually going out of business.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Getting out of GW or PP or whatever game you bought, but no one else locally has; is common. Or like I did several times; left because you don't like the new rule set. I've been in and out of GW since RT. I've sold off and then repurchased/traded for several armies; just keeping the 1 I couldn't trade/sell everything off or that I really liked the models.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

I can see the getting out of one game to go to another posts or the slimming down because of spouse/space posts. It was more of the "i'm in desperate need of cash now but I don't ask for cash just more mini's" posts that irk me :)

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”