GW locking down bits stores

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Tarius ( 0 )
Millenium Trader

Re: GW locking down bits stores

Post by Tarius »

GW truely is detached from its base. They do alot of stuff that they think will make them profit. In the short term, yes they are making some profit. In the long term, their practices are going to put them out of business.
The rise of 3d printing will almost certain see to their death unless they can stay on top of things; they arnt that great at staying on top of things to begin with.

Mentioning that $80 codex. That is one of the ways in which they are going to kill themselves. Yes, its about 200 pages and will certainly have full color pictures and you likely think that should cost alot. I say wrong, it shouldnt. Seeing as how they replace the darned books every few years, they should make them out of cheaper materials because it doesnt matter as much if they last for 10-20 years. They could really probably get the book down to $20 tops if they charged for material alone.(ink is still damned expensive, its like they put gold in it or something) Add in a healthy profit margin and unless they are doing what I just said and still charging $80, they not only save money, they make more people able to buy the thing.

Ah monster rancher, I remember that cartoon. haha Cool stuff. The play station game was too hard though. Your monster would always end up getting sick or injured and then die. Or it would refuse to eat certain food and you would run out of money trying to feed it. haha
I'm the Librarian around here.
Once you play 40k, everything else seems cheaper.
praetorian0 1 ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by praetorian0 1 »

Never fond of GW service.
Kinda makes me glad my Army's dex came out in 2006 though lol. Take your time you buggers- I can use my old wargear for a while longer.
GW generally is hunting for all white belt children- not us old black sash wearing masters of GW'fu.
GW is still hunting for the low hanging fruit I see. Those newbies are still the target audience. Us old gamers don't buy enough to keep them happy- but the mommies and daddies do I fear. (Our wives get mad if we spend on ourselves) I'll be cool to spend once again when my kidlets are old enough.
That's their biz model no? Kids who don't give a dang about bits....
Doctari ( 506 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Doctari wrote:I just dug out a old sister of battle cardboard cathedral to use in a game the other day. It has to be at least 10 years old. In 10 more years will I have anything from these to pull out and use?
Toilet paper.
Glossy, glossy toilet paper.

Also, folks, let's keep the discussion to the topic at hand and try not to stray too far off on tangents. Thanks.

Eric
That would be the worst toilet paper in the history of mankind...
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
praetorian0 1 ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by praetorian0 1 »

Ouch INDEED. Glossy cardboard=too slidey v absorbant.
I am hunting on ebay for bits constantly- just me or has this GW latest made for a price jump- or just me? Kinda expected that of course. :(

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”