New Years Gaming Resolutions

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

New Years Gaming Resolutions

Post by jason1977 »

Simple. What do you intend to do in the new year gaming related. Many people say to drop weight. Many people say eat better. What do you intend to do in the gaming world in 2013.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: New Years Gaming Resolutions

Post by imp522 »

Finish up the 100 odd Splintered Light Splintered Lands mins I have in time for Adepticon anything after that is gravy.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

Figure out how I am getting to Templecon.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
MEDEVL ( 362 )
Expert Trader

Post by MEDEVL »

Every year I vow to try to paint more or scale down my collection or somesuch but it never works out. Ever since my gaming gang all either go married, had kids or moved away I've been in a major gaming slump. I have so many minis and armies but I just can't get into them like I used to. Honestly I don't really enjoy palying the games much with new people because so few of them are not complete D-bags who care little for fluffy lists and have only seen painted armies on the internet. They play their bare plastic armies and argue rules to the point where I'd rather just not bother anymore. I still do read the army books and quite often so maybe I'll vow to write up some new cool army lists and see if that can rekindle some GW love. We'll see...
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.
Klahtoo ( 172 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Klahtoo »

I have been selling my Games Workshop collection for over a year. This sale will continue, until the only miniatures I have are display pieces. My main hobby goal is to finish the sale of my excess GW products. But I will buy certain Rogue Trader Imperial Guard, GW Confrontation minis, or Genestealer Hybrids for my mechanized cult army.

Last year, I started to play Dungeons and Dragons regularly again. Played Encounters at the FLGS. Bought a whole whack of pre-painted Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures in 2012. Makes it easier to play, since most of my GW miniatures are bare metal or plastic, or primed. Secondary hobby goal is to acquire some elemental miniatures, but not high on my priority list.

My wife had a baby recently, so my hobby time is much constrained. I was painting some miniatures in what little free time I have. This year, I will aim to finish painting the Rogue Trader Imperial Guard that are used as Brood Brethren in my Genestealer Cult army. Possibly paint my remaining Catachans as conscripts. Think that with some adrenal glands, they will look properly assimilated into the cult.
I'll Buy That for a Dollar !!
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

I am really going to try and get my Bret and Empire armies finished up over 2013, and maybe work on my Ogres as well. (But this all depeneds on commissions.. situations in real life... ect..ect.. :( )

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I'm trying to build a Dark Angels army for 40K for an escalation league I'm going to try to join. I picked it because it's cheap and in the starter. The new Ravenwing and Deathwing elite formations look pretty interesting too. Although that new Land Speeder is getting a pass I think. It looks like Warhammer 40K meets Pimp my Ride.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

I'm going to get my hobby buying under control and divest myself of a lot of miniatures, RPGs, and board games.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

I intend to finish the paint work on my (partial) DA 2nd company and my complete 3rd company (infantry only). Thats 200 or so models.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

I am going to trim down my excess figs. And assemble and paint a FOW British in Africa Desert Rat Force.
THEFAN ( 580 )
Millenium Trader

Post by THEFAN »

HMM... I intend on finishing my massive oop citadel dwarf collection. Sell off all other gaming and non essential items I have. :) Then Whos John Galt??
"I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers." - D. Rockefeller creator of the National Education Association.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

My 3 Blackwater Gulch gangs and... ton of bonus figs should be arriving soon. I want to get them painted in hopes of getting my gaming group involved.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

My first army was Empire Fantasy. It was a mix of old plastics and nice metals. I recently replaced all my nasty old plastics with nice new plastics. Unfortunately they are all grey. I know how insane it is to paint Ostland colors (Black and white mix) so I do not know if I will give that another try. I do want to get them all painted though...

There is about 250 of them in their ruffled and pretty glory.

WFB is having a little Renaissance in my area, as everyone here kinda noticed at once that Warmachine sucks, after you have played about 50 games or so. No word of a lie, I'm talking about a dozen players all quitting within a year.
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

I am going to try and get my gaming ADD sorted out. I am selling/trading/donating/tossing out everything for every system I own except for Mordheim and Secrets of the Third Reich. I had dreams of a wonderfully painted Empire army for WFB, but being broke means that all my models are just sitting there awaiting paintjobs I cannot do or afford to hire in the near future; plus I sold off all of my FW pieces to fund x-mas, so there is nothing really special in the potential collection anymore.

The really good news is that I know of this one place online that harbors crazy people who barter for stuff so I should be able to get rid of it without a lot of trouble.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

ssapper wrote:I am going to trim down my excess figs. And assemble and paint a FOW British in Africa Desert Rat Force.

Well, I have trimmed down my 40k successfully, down to a all to big IG Army and a Chaos Army almost NIB, still have to choose which stays, Anyone interested in a Large Chaos army, lol list will post eventually in the forums, but past half way through the year and purchased the FOW force, but haven't managed to find the man hours to get it going yet.......

Anyone else do better than me so far and reach their Goal?

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”