What do you eat/drink when playing?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

juggernaut1 ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: What do you eat/drink when playing?

Post by juggernaut1 »

THEFAN wrote:We eat before gaming or after a game. Drinks are fine but off table and away from the table.
Same, too many accidents and spilled food can really ruin the evening of the game's owner.

On the wife issue, i'm still trying to get my wife to play with me and the kids, she says my consistent interest in games pushes her away from the hobby. But I think all I really need is to get her to play few games and the problem will solve itself :-)

EDIT: LOL, I searched for "descent" and found this thread, it looked interesting so I posted without seeing i'm reviving a half eaten corpse :mrgreen:
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

You play undead don't you.......
juggernaut1 ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by juggernaut1 »

I am now :mrgreen:
rokassan ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Post by rokassan »

I don't bother trying to get my wife into any of it. I've found if you as a husband enjoy something, they(wives) want to take it from you. It's a source of pleasure and requires your attention...can't have you distracted and happy.
If your looking for sympathy get a dictionary...I think it falls between sh*t and syphilis.
http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com/
On ebay:Rokassan_rating 680+ _100% positive
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

rokassan wrote:I don't bother trying to get my wife into any of it. I've found if you as a husband enjoy something, they(wives) want to take it from you. It's a source of pleasure and requires your attention...can't have you distracted and happy.
Wow that sounds....harsh...

My wife is very happy that I hobby. She enjoys seeing me happy and thinks the dedication I put into playing and paint is something to be admired. If she was jealous of a game then there are bigger isues at work.

i'm hoping that your post was tongue in cheek
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
rokassan ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Post by rokassan »

Well, I'd say your the exception and not the rule. Perhaps you married a gamer, maybe you've not been married long. 95% of the guys I know experience what I'm referring too. Your a lucky man.
If your looking for sympathy get a dictionary...I think it falls between sh*t and syphilis.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

my wife thinks it is an addiction. She hates when Adepticon time rolls around because the 2 months before it are mostly me painting. They are toys and I think it perturbs her that I'm playing with them and now have my son playing with them :D

I just tell her at least I'm not buying stripers and beer!!! (not that it's any cheaper)
rokassan ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Post by rokassan »

bluemeenie wrote:my wife thinks it is an addiction. She hates when Adepticon time rolls around because the 2 months before it are mostly me painting. They are toys and I think it perturbs her that I'm playing with them and now have my son playing with them :D

I just tell her at least I'm not buying stripers and beer!!! (not that it's any cheaper)

Exactly. They look down on it. I'm not at bars and strip clubs.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

My wife loves that I spend my gaming nights in the basement or garage of a fellow "nerd". Gives her girl time and she knows I am not out drag racing or whatever the cool thing is to do these days. As for drinks/food I usually have tea, and whatever snacks are brought. On our weekend game we do once a month we usually cook up something for lunch.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

My SO comes with me when I go to the game shop each week to play WM/H. In fact we got her some Circle to play and paint.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

I forgot to reply with my drinks!!! Bourbon/Whisky

on the rocks.

food just gets in the way.

:twisted:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

rokassan wrote:Well, I'd say your the exception and not the rule. Perhaps you married a gamer, maybe you've not been married long. 95% of the guys I know experience what I'm referring too. Your a lucky man.
Actually, most people I know who game are as active as me, and their wives are supportive.
Unless something comes up, I game EVERY Saturday from noon-ish until whenever I get home (typically between midnight and 3 am). She knows where I am and who I'm with.
I didn't use to spend this much time gaming but, since I started it, our marriage has actually gotten STRONGER.

Like I said, though, she knows that I'll skip a week in a heartbeat if I need to. Sometimes, since I game at a friends house, if she wants to go do something without the kids (for whatever reason), I'll take them with me and she'll pick them up when she's done.

She has zero interest in gaming and, in fact, when we got married (18 years ago) thought D&D was horrible game with Satanic influences - that was the only game I played at the time. Of course, when she saw the REALITY, she realized it was just a bunch of geeks getting together telling stories! LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

My wife is STILL baking brownies or other goodies for the guys when we play (and her assassin in Dark Heresy is starting to become annoyingly efficient).
I have to agree with Eric, most of the gamers that I know have wives/girlfriends who either are willing to try it, or at the very least, they
are ambivalent about the whole thing. They know that there is not much trouble that the guys can get into when they come to our house
(other than a bad soundtrack now and again). ;)

Rokassan, I have to say that I have never seen quite that negative of a reaction to having a significant other and gaming. I thought you were joking in your first post also.

Karl
Last edited by Adunaphel on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Bartertown References.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

Damn MM, if my ex-wife was anything like your wife I might still be married.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

bluemeenie wrote:I forgot to reply with my drinks!!! Bourbon/Whisky

on the rocks.

food just gets in the way.

:twisted:
Ditto on that, I stick to drinks. Food just leads to greasy hands.

Beer is the usual deal, although we always seem to move to the hard stuff.

You know it's going to be a long night when you start with the hard stuff though...
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”