What do you eat/drink when playing?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: What do you eat/drink when playing?

Post by MagickalMemories »

No. No. She doesn't.
To be fair, though, she knows I'll cancel gaming in a heartbeat is something important comes up (I bow out for family get togethers all the time). Also, she's a HUGE Cardinals baseball fan, so I deal with her random visits to Busch Stadium to see the Cardinals play.
Between her ticket packages and parking @ $20 a pop, she spends as much of 'our' money on baseball each year as I do on gaming.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

We usually eat before our gaming sessions and then eat after the sessions. They usually run about 5 hours long.

We have chips and cookies with assorted drinks. That is, unless the guys come up here to my house to play. My wife is in on the Pathfinder campaign and she loves to bake stuff (pies, cakes, brownies, you name it). For some reason, the guys like to come up and play here... ;)

Actually, this weekend the guys are coming up to play Pathfinder and I am trying to get my wife to make chocolate covered opera cremes (soooooo good). That way, the GM (me) can go into chocolate shock during the game.

I am trying to get them to play more GW stuff, but most of them have "been burned' by GW's criminal corporate nonsense and they will only play Mordheim occasionally. Although, our games of Catan are becoming pretty epic.

Lately, we have had a few guys (and one gal) up on Friday evenings to paint up miniatures. When we do that my wife makes a big dinner. My wife is very cool. That is, until she plays against me with her Tyranids or Warriors of Chaos. Then she is all about putting the hurt on me. :(

Karl
My Bartertown References.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I wish MY WIFE was a gamer.

Best I can do with her is the OCCASIONAL game of Talisman (the 10ish year old version).

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

..and by "occasional," I mean every 2 or 3 years. : (

Eric

WyvernEye ( 232 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by WyvernEye »

My wife refuses to play, so I converted my kids. I'll play Descent with both of them, but my older one who just turned ten will play everything like Battletech, Warhammer, chess, etc. We (he) just airbrushed a helicopter he got for Christmas and he has done the majority of the painting on his 2k Skaven. He needs help when it comes to those 150 clanrats. Can't imagine why... He is allowing me to paint the banner on his Doomwheel though!

Funny, i can get dragged thru TJMax or FashionBug, but we stop at the game store and her sister and her wait in the car and complain if I am more than 5 minutes. I did get her the other day. I was looking at a figure on ebay and these dreaded words came out of her mouth- "So is that a Ral Partha?" (She was pissed she knew what it was! :-D )
J
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

Funny, i can get dragged thru TJMax or FashionBug, but we stop at the game store and her sister and her wait in the car and complain if I am more than 5 minutes. I did get her the other day. I was looking at a figure on ebay and these dreaded words came out of her mouth- "So is that a Ral Partha?" (She was pissed she knew what it was! )
My wife LOVES to go into hobby shops and sometimes we go into the electronic's stores together so that we can pick out the next video game that we can play together. We are slowly making our way through Gears of War 3 right now (I am not much for "twitch" gaming anymore).

It sounds like it's a no-go for the opera cremes this week. But, she is talking about a cake and some brownies. Maybe we will make up some salami roles too. Can't wait.

Karl

WyvernEye ( 232 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by WyvernEye »

Opera cremes are nice... Mmm I do alot of eclairs/cream puffs so I hook my freind up for his wife, kind of a "thank you for letting your husband come play" :-D Though her preference i think is the kalhua choc. mousse cake!

J
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Adunaphel wrote:My wife LOVES to go into hobby shops and sometimes we go into the electronic's stores together so that we can pick out the next video game that we can play together. We are slowly making our way through Gears of War 3 right now (I am not much for "twitch" gaming anymore).

Karl

Keep talking, Karl. Keep talking. I'm warming up my hammer swinging arm!
:mrgreen:

Eric

Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

Cool. The Banhammer.

That would make me like a villain....

My wife LOVES villains. :wink:

Karl

MEDEVL ( 362 )
Expert Trader

Post by MEDEVL »

It's true, she does like bad boys. And it's also true that she makes awesome brownies and always has at least one flavor of ice cream in the house. What he doesn't tell you is that she sometimes forces you to listen to the Lion King theme song like 5 times in a row as a form of torture.
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Sad fat gamer is sad.

Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

What he doesn't tell you is that she sometimes forces you to listen to the Lion King theme song like 5 times in a row as a form of torture.
I secretly broke that cd a LONG time ago. :twisted:
I did. I did. I hated that song. That and the theme song to the Dracula movie. Ugh.

She is close to being perfect. :roll:

Now, we need to get back to the food.

Karl

EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

Full Throttle by choice but soda will do in a pinch. I like the mild sasquatchs too.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
flyingwhale ( 176 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by flyingwhale »

Speaking of wives..... Mine gets me deals at gaming stores.. She's easy on the eyes.

I have had on more then one occasion got her to buy me things like magic cards or new units and they will give her up to a 50% discount.... It is the most awesome thing ever. This is at different stores and different people working. When I was big into magic they sold her a 150 dollars worth of cards for 40 bucks.

Good times.

P.S Our gaming group eats pizza or we starve for 8 hours and then get Mcdonalds.
"When life gives you lemons you take those lemons and clone them and make super lemons" - Principal Scudworth

Read this before shipping to me
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
NidMaster40000 ( 8 )
Forum Moderator

Post by NidMaster40000 »

Usually when we play, it's just after we've all gotten off work. So we'll grill some burgers or something and drink some beers to unwind, and then get to the games!
Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Click here

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”