What do you eat/drink when playing?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

What do you eat/drink when playing?

Post by CMSheats »

Saw this on another forum, and it got me curious, so now I have to ask.....

We are a food driven race so lets talk food! Whats your favorite gaming snack/drink? What do you eat/drink when you play?

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
con-fusion ( 190 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: What do you eat/drink when playing?

Post by con-fusion »

We make our own beef heart jerky and aged cheeses at home, and I like to have both on hand while gaming. Protein and fat keep the mind sharp and the body strong for marathon dice rolling sessioins, and cheese and meat are freaking delicious.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I drink tea. Usually, I get the diet Lipton green tea to have @ gaming.
Snacks are chips, dips, other stuff that people happen to bring for the group, and the host's wife sometimes cooks something up for us.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

during the old RPG days, chips, pizza, coke, pepsi.

now, we usually eat a meal before we start playing minis, a few have chips. for drinks I have water. [getting old gotta cut back the sugar]. teh rest of the grop varies between coke, diet pepsi, water, gatorade or beer.
Depends on the game and players.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
WyvernEye ( 232 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by WyvernEye »

I eat the spiciest snacks i can find- like Five Alarm planters nuts, wasabi peas, cajun peanuts, gibbles red Hot chips
Makes my freind squirm :-)

Meanwile we sample new brews from the his market/conv store or the local beer place that has nice microbrews and such.
Nothing cuts the burn like a nice dark rich stout with a head soo thick you could float a dreadnaught on.

J
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

WyvernEye wrote:I eat the spiciest snacks i can find- like Five Alarm planters nuts, wasabi peas, cajun peanuts, gibbles red Hot chips
Makes my freind squirm :-)

Meanwile we sample new brews from the his market/conv store or the local beer place that has nice microbrews and such.
Nothing cuts the burn like a nice dark rich stout with a head soo thick you could float a dreadnaught on.

J
amen brother.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
don_mondo ( 588 )
Resident Trader

Post by don_mondo »

Our club plays in a sports bar, so beer, soft drinks, whatevers on the menu.
Don "MONDO"
jmsincla ( 470 )
Expert Trader

Post by jmsincla »

Unsweet Tea and Chex Mix/Gardettos. The occasional tournament we'll split some pizza.
Please let me know if I forget to leave you feedback!
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

Nothing greasy or overly stinky such as Funyuns or Cheese Nips. I don't care if others eat greasy stuff and touch their own items, but I try to avoid that with my own models and books. As a courtesy to others, I don't eat stinky stuff in a confined space. It makes my stomach churn when I am trapped in a car with someone eating odorous food and I am enveloped in their breath cloud, and if I am gaming, I am pretty much commited to a fairly small space as well.

Given the choice, I will eat before the gaming session, and sometimes take a bag of pretzels or bottle of water for the game if I think the need will arise.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Since our "Game Day Saturdays" start at around noonish and go until after midnight most Saturdays, the need ALWAYS arises for us. LOL

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

Holy cow, that is a marathon gaming session. The Force has grown weak within me, as I get super tired now after around 2 hours. Once, right after high school, my group of friends played AD&D for 2 days straight, only stopping for a couple hours to sleep each morning. We had sandwich fixin's and several cases of Mtn Dew, so we were prepared. I knew it was time to stop when I could smell my own socks through my shoes though.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

That's almost every Saturday, too.
It's actually quite a blast.
It's casual, so we get there from noon to two-ish, depending on what we've got going on. We sit around and shoot the breeze for a while, throw some dice, maybe watch some Movies.
Last Saturday, we started at about 12:30 and played 3 missions from the FW "Raid on Kastorel Novem" book (Don't bother. They're horrifyingly skewed against Orks. You'd have to have an Ork player who's a genius with Orks and an IG player who's a total 40K newb build the lists for Orks to have a chance), including the 750 vs 500 (600?) point game and the 4000 point Apocalypse game (lasted through turn 3, but only because that's when the IG guy finally deep-striked [struck?] everything in and shot the Orks to Hell).
We munched the whole time, had some Hot Dogs, etc.
After all that was over, the host downloaded Season 2 of Walking Dead on iTunes and we watched the first 4 (my 3rd time through! LOL). I went home @ 2:30 am. :P

Eric

WyvernEye ( 232 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by WyvernEye »

NICE!!! Havent played that much since a kid :shocked: I still get my games in though; got 40k campagin this wed, some fantasy fri, and a 40k tourney Sun. Really dont knowwhat i am doing in 40k, but my bud gave me a freee starter army just to get me into it and I traded for the rest...

Would love to do some all day games like that, but most around us couldnt handle it. Funny, it's my freind and I with 1-3 jobs, wife and 2 kids, etc. that could do it, the other farts after a few hours have to get home for their sitcoms or who know what. Oh well...

J
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

My wife is a very understanding and patient Gaming Widow.

Eric

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

and doesn't own guns, does she.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”