THAT mini!!!! - A Wish list...

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Re: THAT mini!!!! - A Wish list...

Post by psiekier »

My mission has shifted. There's one remaining Transition Beekee that I don't have.

He first appeared on page 395 of the Green Catalogue from 1992-1993. This same image appears again on page 105 of the 1994 catalogue (the one with the Chaos Terminator on it). He shows up again and again until about 1998 or so, when the Transition Beekees started to disappear from the catalogue, and is absent from the 2002 Space Marine Collector's Guide.

It occurred to me, after I joined the CCM group on Yahoo, that I had never actually seen this model in person. Nor have I seen it for sale, or in anyone else's collection until I saw this image at CCM:

Just how rare is this guy? Even the Unreleased First Edition Space Marine Stadard Bearer makes an occasional appearance on eBay (and I've learned from this thread to alert jul whenever that happens). I am chasing a ghost?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

psiekier wrote:
Just how rare is this guy? Even the Unreleased First Edition Space Marine Stadard Bearer makes an occasional appearance on eBay (and I've learned from this thread to alert jul whenever that happens). I am chasing a ghost?
First, I better be on that notify list too!

Now, regarding your question--I do not consider that model to be a "transition" Marine. I consider the 9 Corvus marines, and possibly the handful of alternative at our sculpts, to fall in that category.

I couldn't tell you if I've had my hands on this specific fig before, but my instinct is that he is not that rare. A problem I've had with collecting "trooper" figs in the past is that they are not as "sexy" and are often also misdescribed.

I suggest you PM Dakkar98, the leading expert here on 2nd Ed+ Beakies and see if he has had one.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:
psiekier wrote:
First, I better be on that notify list too!
I'm trying to think if I pm'ed you when I saw that as well, but it was quite some time ago, and there'd be 700+ pm's to comb through...
Now, regarding your question--I do not consider that model to be a "transition" Marine. I consider the 9 Corvus marines, and possibly the handful of alternative at our sculpts, to fall in that category.
Yeah, CCM doesn't consider them real "transition beekees", either, but they were made right between First and Second Edition, and were much more robust than the earlier First Edition sculpts... especially those hideous ones based on drawings by Ian Miller. Miller's artwork is boss, but I'm not a fan of the models it inspired.

Just because my ladz take plastic arms is no reason to throw them out; at least they have the exposed power lines on the chest and the long greaves sans poleyns:

[ Click to Enlarge ]

The fellow on the right with the winged skull on his greave, in particular, took me forever to find. I picked him up by complete luck in a lot of horribly painted Space Marines that came from the UK, and scrubbed him clean!

... and either one of my ladz has wandered off, or I'm actually lacking two of them. So many squadboyz waving bolters and chainswords around here, I may have overlooked another one!

[ Click to Enlarge ]

I couldn't tell you if I've had my hands on this specific fig before, but my instinct is that he is not that rare. A problem I've had with collecting "trooper" figs in the past is that they are not as "sexy" and are often also misdescribed.
Sometimes you have to have a good eye to tell them apart as well. I had to look twice at the painted models below, and was trying to reconciling the angle at which they are holding their bolters when I realized that Brother-Sergeant Infernus is standing with his legs apart while the marine next to him is taking a step forward.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

Still, if you want to have an army that doesn't all look like they all rolled off the assembly line on Kamino, then finding as many different looking models as you can is an admirable goal. From Third Edition on, it's easy, but I like the challenge of tackling the earlier releases. Plus, I have a good head start, since that's where my army began!
I suggest you PM Dakkar98, the leading expert here on 2nd Ed+ Beakies and see if he has had one.
I just might do that!
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

You really don't want to hear that I had all of those marines, except wht 1 with the winged skull on the greave; and sold them for like $2 a piece. Plastic at $1 each, metal at $2.
About 10 years ago, or whenever 3rd ed came out.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

kturock wrote:You really don't want to hear that I had all of those marines, except wht 1 with the winged skull on the greave; and sold them for like $2 a piece. Plastic at $1 each, metal at $2.
About 10 years ago, or whenever 3rd ed came out.
We all have things like that we regret selling. For me, it's my old Battletech miniatures. I kept several, but I should have kept them all.
Galley ( 144 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Galley »

Kingdomdeath Wet Nurse. One of the most frightening figures out there.
-------------------------------------------------------
"There is no God I assure you. Someone, some -thing- rules in his place."

I reserve the right to ask all traders/buyers/sellers to send first if they have a lower rating.

@FishDeadDaemon
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

That thing's gross. LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

psiekier wrote:My mission has shifted. There's one remaining Transition Beekee that I don't have.
Thanks to my buddy kermitfries, my mission is accomplished!

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I finally got a hold of a very obscure RT bit--I have all the crewers below (each his own little journey), but the careful observer will note that there are little cupolas in the hatches--these were metal and permitted the bolter mount hatch cover to join and form a sort of raised hatch look.

I FINALLY tracked down this bit.
wd103p02-RT107RhinoSpaceMarines-01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

So, have you scared the "gumble-juice" out of anyone with them yet?
LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

MagickalMemories wrote:So, have you scared the "gumble-juice" out of anyone with them yet?
LOL

Eric
Soon, precious, soon....

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

... and here I thought I could rest for a while, and then GW goes and does this:

Not that I've never seen anything like it, mind you:

... but I still want the new one!
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

psiekier wrote:... and here I thought I could rest for a while, and then GW goes and does this:

Not that I've never seen anything like it, mind you:

... but I still want the new one!
And of you buy the new one, you receive a voucher to order this one (for $30 though).

http://www.games-workshop.com/WE14
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

anyone else notice (or maybe it's just my local settings) but every link I click on sends me directly to the UK version of the site in GBP prices.

It used to ask me my country now im always UK and it takes moving a mountain to find the US site....not really impressed at all with their changes to the site so far.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

TheRhino wrote:And of you buy the new one, you receive a voucher to order this one (for $30 though).

http://www.games-workshop.com/WE14
He looks like he'd make a fine Blood Angel, too!

Mark my words: the next thing we're going to see are little foil pouches with a "mystery figure" inside for $20, like the LEGO minifig series. Trade with friends! Have fun collecting them all! Burn the Heretic! Purge the Xenos!

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”