THAT mini!!!! - A Wish list...

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: THAT mini!!!! - A Wish list...

Post by MagickalMemories »

Holy moly.
230 GBP
Wow.

I understand the "completist" mentality. I was there for a while with 1e and 2e AD&D. I just... outgrew it, I guess.

That's not to imply ANYTHING negative about you guys. I don't mean that there's anything wrong with that mentality, just that it no longer because right *for me.*

Eric
I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
We all have SOs. There's literally nothing you can say that has not been said. :)

Completism is a weird beast.

I finished off all the RT Marines (except for one, damn your eyes con-fusion!) awhile ago; I moved onto some other werid things like the transition Marines. Buying the last of those was both a triumph and a defeat, since there is the satisfaction of finishing combined with the emptiness of no longer looking. So Squats were next--and now Chaos Renegades are looking pretty interesting....
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
con-fusion ( 190 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by con-fusion »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:
con-fusion wrote:I'm bringing this thread back from the dead just to say that my wife bought me my "that mini" for our 15th anniversary. I guess I'll need to think of another one.
Did you already have the Back Banner, or no interest in it?
I already have the back banner.

Jul, s_o_r_r_o_w, and I (and maybe a handful of other people who frequent this site) are a bit loopy about RT marines. I'm not so much a collector as a completist. I don't really worry about condition, as my goal is to have a complete and fully painted RT marine force with no doubles in the rank and file. Others are only out for NIB stuff. *shrug*

I started buying these guys in the late 80's. Until about 8 years ago, growth was organic and, generally, in bulk and on the cheap. Then, I caught the bug, and started checking ebay every day for that standard bearer (I've only ever seen one other). I just wish I could have landed three of them, so I could mail one off to Jul and s_o_r_r_o_w, both of whom helped me find some odd minis that I was having a hard time landing for less than an arm and a leg. At this point, I'm only looking for some of the transition marines.

Next up, completing my RT chaos marines. :-)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I like that.
I think it's cool that you 3 know this about each other and help each other out.
I like that you compete over the same models and know which of you won, too.

Oh, and... Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosers.

Sorry. LOL I know it's a pathetic insult.
I'll try harder next time. : )

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

at least they're not in it for the poultry.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.

that just made my signature...

thank you ;)
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

What's wrong with poultry?
LOL

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

depends what you use it for. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
griffrat ( 12 )
New Trader
Location: The middle of no where.....just south of Kansas City

Post by griffrat »

Well, I am glad that this thread came back to life. With that being said I am glad that you guys are keeping the old RT stuff still viable. I love seeing the stuff out there as that is when I first got into the hobby. Since getting into the hobby back in the late 80's and the early 90's there wasn't a lot of chase characters back then. But now I find myself looking for a lot of things from the era of the storm of chaos for the WHFB.

The best story I have is a few years back there were a few of us here in K.C. that were going to do a theme for a GT. The theme long and short of it was Chaos and Empire. The idea was people that wanted to play the Empire would pick a province and then paint the army based on the fluff of the province. The province that I chose was Middenhiem. People were always talking about the Knights of the White Wolf and the Teutogen Guard.

I hadn't been in the WHFB aspect of the hobby since about 2000 (career and grad school). So I was kinda bummed at looking at all the awesome looking miniatures from the Storm of Chaos. But I was resoloved to find some of the SoC guard, so I hit the interwebz and found some distributors in Indiana, called and found out the website was incorrect, they didn't have any. I looked on e-bay, and the price was not near the insanity it is now. I went back to the web and found another distributor in Canada, called and same thing, website not up todate. Feeling down and out I stopped buy a game store that i don't frequent that often and low and behold covered in dust, but still in shrink wrapped...two boxes of Teutogen Guard, a Teutogen Guard command blister, two blisters of Ar-ulric (foot and mounted) and the high priest of Al-Ulric. I was beyond happy....the wife wasn't but she got over it....and i had a proper Middenhiem army to paint for the GT.
Current trade(s): Wheresfobos82,
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

kturock wrote:depends what you use it for. ;-)
DADT
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

dadt?

eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

roger that.

con-fusion ( 190 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by con-fusion »

Given the WYSIWYG garbage, I have been told by GW staff that my minis are only viable in the modern game because I name them all. For example:

Then again, I still mostly play RT when I get a chance. Haven't even tried 6th yet.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

What's not WYSIWYG about that fig? Looks like either a Powerfist or a CC weapon to me. :)
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”