USPS shipping issues

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
bbb ( 30 )
Apprentice Trader
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: USA - Philly suburbs

USPS shipping issues

Post by bbb » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 pm

So is everyone else experiencing the same issues getting shipments from USPS in a timely manner?

Currently I have two purchases from different users and when I check the tracking they both say:
Information Available Soon

USPS doesn't yet have a status update on this item shipped from the Post Office. Information is usually updated within the hour of your visit. Please check back soon.
I thought it was only going to be until Christmas was over, but it's only gotten worse lately.

reegsk ( 428 )
Millenium Trader
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 am
Location: Western Mass, USA

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by reegsk » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Basically it's still a giant mess. They're still having massive issues with reduced capacity and people sick/quarantining, and let's not forget that Dejoy is still in charge and trying to break things on purpose. Also UPS and FedEx are refusing packages because they're swamped, but USPS isn't allowed to so they just get piled on.

Have to give them credit, though. I've shipped dozens of packages in the last two months and all of them have arrived eventually.

bbb ( 30 )
Apprentice Trader
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: USA - Philly suburbs

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by bbb » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:04 pm

I haven't lost anything yet, but the tracking not updating is new and concerning. Had a package I shipped to a guy 15 miles away take a 1000 mile detour and take two weeks, but it did get there at least. Part of me wonders if they aren't updating the tracking so people don't see all the random stops packages are making.

reegsk ( 428 )
Millenium Trader
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 am
Location: Western Mass, USA

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by reegsk » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 pm

I had a box from Canada make it from the shipper to the US in under a week. Then it was in NYC for another two weeks, made it to Springfield MA for three more weeks (about fifteen minutes from my house), went back down to Manhattan and then back up to me. Six or so weeks total, over five of them in the US.

I honestly think they’re not getting scanned because they’re sitting in a massive pile somewhere.

User avatar
kturock ( 570 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 4107
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by kturock » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 am

Information Available Soon

USPS doesn't yet have a status update on this item shipped from the Post Office. Information is usually updated within the hour of your visit. Please check back soon.

This means they bought postage and haven't dropped off the items, of had them picked up. They are still sitting at the location that ships them.
bbb wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 pm
So is everyone else experiencing the same issues getting shipments from USPS in a timely manner?

Currently I have two purchases from different users and when I check the tracking they both say:
Information Available Soon

USPS doesn't yet have a status update on this item shipped from the Post Office. Information is usually updated within the hour of your visit. Please check back soon.
I thought it was only going to be until Christmas was over, but it's only gotten worse lately.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

User avatar
kturock ( 570 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 4107
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by kturock » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:01 am

updates are done automatically. Items scanned by the machines are sent to the database, automatically. No one can hold back the data.


bbb wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:04 pm
I haven't lost anything yet, but the tracking not updating is new and concerning. Had a package I shipped to a guy 15 miles away take a 1000 mile detour and take two weeks, but it did get there at least. Part of me wonders if they aren't updating the tracking so people don't see all the random stops packages are making.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

User avatar
kturock ( 570 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 4107
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by kturock » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 am

NYC is the customs office. It takes time based upon the CUSTOMS Department's time table. Holidays and weekends are usually closed.
reegsk wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 pm
I had a box from Canada make it from the shipper to the US in under a week. Then it was in NYC for another two weeks, made it to Springfield MA for three more weeks (about fifteen minutes from my house), went back down to Manhattan and then back up to me. Six or so weeks total, over five of them in the US.

I honestly think they’re not getting scanned because they’re sitting in a massive pile somewhere.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

User avatar
kturock ( 570 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 4107
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by kturock » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:05 am

Also, USPS has no airplanes; and flies on stand by on all airlines. If planes don't fly; neither does the mail.
And UPS and Fed Ex pass off their packages to USPS; who must take them before USPS's own. At a reduced rate. Same for Amazon.
reegsk wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:32 pm
Basically it's still a giant mess. They're still having massive issues with reduced capacity and people sick/quarantining, and let's not forget that Dejoy is still in charge and trying to break things on purpose. Also UPS and FedEx are refusing packages because they're swamped, but USPS isn't allowed to so they just get piled on.

Have to give them credit, though. I've shipped dozens of packages in the last two months and all of them have arrived eventually.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

bbb ( 30 )
Apprentice Trader
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: USA - Philly suburbs

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by bbb » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:08 am

kturock wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 am
Information Available Soon

USPS doesn't yet have a status update on this item shipped from the Post Office. Information is usually updated within the hour of your visit. Please check back soon.

This means they bought postage and haven't dropped off the items, of had them picked up. They are still sitting at the location that ships them.
The tracking info never got updated. Even after the item arrived the tracking number brought up the above message.

User avatar
kturock ( 570 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 4107
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by kturock » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 am

so it got delivered without ever being scanned? hmm. that's.. difficult. It get handled about a dozen times. By machines and people.
bbb wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:08 am
kturock wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 am
Information Available Soon

USPS doesn't yet have a status update on this item shipped from the Post Office. Information is usually updated within the hour of your visit. Please check back soon.

This means they bought postage and haven't dropped off the items, of had them picked up. They are still sitting at the location that ships them.
The tracking info never got updated. Even after the item arrived the tracking number brought up the above message.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

User avatar
Gene Williamson ( 162 )
Journeyman Trader
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:17 pm
Location: Missouri (Misery)

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by Gene Williamson » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 am

Yeah, I have had three packages in the past two months take forever to get to me. One was a two-day priority shipped from three hours away but was shipped on January 8th and arrived on February 1st. One of the traders on here agreed to take the money hit and ship via UPS instead just to make sure we got our trade in a timely manner.

Post Reply

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”