Anyone checke dout the new Star Wars rpg?

Role Playing Game discussion area.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Anyone checke dout the new Star Wars rpg?

Post by kturock »

it comes with it's own dice and thus a different mechanic.

1 guy at the flgs says he heard it was 'darker' than the other SW rpg's.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
skuller ( 310 )
Bartertown's Bob Ross

Re: Anyone checke dout the new Star Wars rpg?

Post by skuller »

I got it and me and my oldest son are still trying to figure it out how to play it rules are easier to get but the dice to use and when to use not so.
No international trades (not including Canada)
BTR rules
lower rates ship first
---------
Hail Hydra!!!
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

Looks to be a similar mechanic to the new Warhammer Fantasy roleplay. Is that true to anyone who has played both?
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I've played Rogue Trader & Dark Hersay and know someone who has all of the 40k based RPG's. He also has the full beta version of Star Wars, which he bought at a convention.
If WFRPG is the same as RT, DH and SW, I'm sure he'd have comented on it when we talked about it.
I'll send him an email and ask, just in case.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Bazin ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Bazin »

It uses custom dice like Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, but the mechanic has been simplified, if I understand things correctly.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with what I've read so far, but I haven't run a game of it yet.

As for the 'tone', I don't know if I'd call it darker than any prior iteration. It's still Star Wars, just focusing on the fringes of society (like Han Solo before A New Hope).
mwelker ( 4 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by mwelker »

One night of play this far, but it falls a bit flat for our group. Not sure, yet, and a bit premature; we'll probably do 4-5 evenings this fall and then offer up our feedback.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Im interested too. Not crazy about funky dice though.

Return to “The Storyteller's Stage”