Warlord Games rules

Want to discuss WWII or the War of the Roses? Here is the place! All historical discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Warlord Games rules

Post by kturock »

I see Warlord Games has rules for different time periods.
My question is how similar are the rules?

I have the Bolt Action rulebook. I had the Black Powder rulebook, but never read them before I sold them. [so I can't compare]

I thinking about picking some up in the future and don't want to have to recall that this rule set uses this term to mean one thing and this rule set uses it to mean another. [like 40k and AoS does.]
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
themailedfist ( 210 )
Resident Trader
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA Planet Earth Sol System Milky Way Known Universe

Re: Warlord Games rules

Post by themailedfist »

Those two rulesets are completely different.

--Robert
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

themailedfist wrote:Those two rulesets are completely different.

--Robert
What about Hail Caesar, Pike and Shot and the other games.

I know Beyond the Gates of Antares is different.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Ricobella ( 82 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ricobella »

The mechanics Warlord Games are the same. Not in any way like Games Workshop.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Ricobella wrote:The mechanics Warlord Games are the same. Not in any way like Games Workshop.

But the reply above says otherwise.. Umm guys???

ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

The mechanics of random activation may be a similar theme because they do not favor the you go I go of other companies, however the rules for each game are completely different, one systems has reactions, another does not, one has movement markers and tokens another does not, one has cards used for unit creation and action in game the others do not. You can not use one rule book to attempt to play all dozen of their game systems.

After posting, I realized how old this thread was, and am sorry to bring it back up...
Ricobella ( 82 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ricobella »

It's ok.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Yeah, it's ok since I'm the OP and never got a complete answer.
I decided to not get the rules until I had at least one consistent player. Nothing like jumping in to a game and being the only one who owns it; or is even interested in it.

Wmyers ( 12 )
Trade Novice

Post by Wmyers »

I've got to ask, did you ever try out Bolt Action?

Littlewarstv.com (and YouTube) have done rules reviews.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I've tried it a couple times. I have the starter box. A couple rules I'm not that happy with.
But, there aren't any/many players in the area.

ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

The Florida Bolt Action Association has over 300 members, they are also running tournaments at Guns of Augusta Convention all weekend and Warlord Games is on site running demos of tons of historical games. BA is huge now a days. And growing.
Ricobella ( 82 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ricobella »

Looking for players in Central Florida. Preferably in the Kissimmee or St Cloud area.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

BA is still 5 years young in the USA but growing every day. I would join the Florida Group.
Here. Then pig Patrick Ballinger, he runs the Florida BA scene, and knows where everything and everyone is.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Floridaboltaction/
Ricobella ( 82 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ricobella »

Thanks. I know him. But still have to travel a ways to play.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

Have you tried the Bolt Action Player Finder

Return to “Armchair Generals”