Help identifying some things

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

ChaosOrc ( 402 )
Resident Trader

Help identifying some things

Post by ChaosOrc »

Can anyone help me identify these two items? I know the first one is a space marine character but I cannot find out what one. The second is a space ship of some sort but cannot find any information beyond that.

https://postimg.org/image/4i8thhwjh/

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Help identifying some things

Post by kturock »

Wasn't he the 1st Dante? In gold armor...? Always reminded me of the Mordred character from the Excalibur movie. The face and stylized abs, chest. And it was gold.

The ship...never seen it before. The iconography doesn't look familiar.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
ChaplinXavier ( 1052 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ChaplinXavier »

The space marine was just an old blood angels captain I think
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I had him. He was a captain, they painted him gold in the old WD..then named him Dante..and thus became the Dante.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

The first is an old Blood Angel Captain.

The second, I believe, is a mildly obscure dropship from Battletech. Leopard-class.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Hmm.. It looks resin.. How big is that ship model? Can we see something for scale?

ChaosOrc ( 402 )
Resident Trader

Post by ChaosOrc »

https://postimg.org/image/gbc51tqf1/

Here is one next to a fantasy GW orc. It is made of wood and seems to be hollow.

NorthWestWind ( 58 )
BTown Regular

Post by NorthWestWind »

If I owe you a reference let me know.
ChaosOrc ( 402 )
Resident Trader

Post by ChaosOrc »

Thank you.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Thought it looked resin. That bend, droop in the nose cone gave it away.

psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

kturock wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 pm
I had him. He was a captain, they painted him gold in the old WD..then named him Dante..and thus became the Dante.
You're thinking of Tycho.

The first published battle report in White Dwarf magazine after the release of Second Edition was a pitched battle between Andy Chambers's Blood Angels and Jervis Johnson's Orks featured in issue 166 (US). Andy lamented that he didn't have enough points to give Captain Tycho anything other than a bolt gun, but it didn't matter - in the very first turn, Jervis's Ork Weirdboy blasted Tycho with a bolt of psychic energy, removing him from the game.

... and thus was born the story of how Tycho's face was disfigured and why he has hated Orks ever since.

[ Click for Larger Size ]
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

psiekier wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:55 am
kturock wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 pm
You're thinking of Tycho.

The first published battle report in White Dwarf magazine after the release of Second Edition was a pitched battle between Andy Chambers's Blood Angels and Jervis Johnson's Orks featured in issue 166 (US). Andy lamented that he didn't have enough points to give Captain Tycho anything other than a bolt gun, but it didn't matter - in the very first turn, Jervis's Ork Weirdboy blasted Tycho with a bolt of psychic energy, removing him from the game.

... and thus was born the story of how Tycho's face was disfigured and why he has hated Orks ever since.

[ Click for Larger Size ]
Nerd.

LOL : )

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”