1ScoutSniper,100ptsofanything/against zombies

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

btomp85 ( 10 )
Apprentice Trader

1ScoutSniper,100ptsofanything/against zombies

Post by btomp85 »

SOOOOOOOO. My gaming store is basically have a real fun conversion mini contest to take a scout marine sniper. Equipment with 100 pts of anything and then send horeds and hordes and hordes and poor hordes after this fool of zombies. Of course wthe winner is the one that stays in that dreaded zone for as long as the can.

As a newbie player coming back from 6 edition. I know I sure do have a lot to learn and was really hoping for an escalation league but this is coming first of at seems like I just cant say no to this.

Basically the only weapon requirement is that is is modeled onto the figure and it does not exceed over 100 pts. Any dead heads in here able to help a brother out because to me I really do not know what would be the best carnage laying weapon layout I can equipment my sniper with, but like I said If I can put it on him he can use it, so that limits everything from tau, eldar, dark eldar etc. etc etc.

And to make matters worse I'm only now beginning to read all the charges so I'll tell you what, you guys give me amazing suggestiong and the best I can promising to let whoever I go with what out final count is! Semper fi
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: 1ScoutSniper,100ptsofanything/against zombies

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Is this a co-op? Is it about killing the most, or staying alive the longest? What are the zombies and how quickly do they move? Are you allowed to take anything from any book? Are you allowed to take things with a points value of 0, or that are only normally on vehicles, or FW? Is there a limit to the number of weapons? Is the 100 points including the price of the scout?
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
btomp85 ( 10 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by btomp85 »

So basically what i'm getting at is that there will be blocks of zombies advancing towards your scout. He can be equiped with anything in the game from any book, so basically you cant put a demolisher cannon on his stomach and say it works. I do not have the full jist of it but as long as he is equiped with the weapons they are viable options to be used. I'm just getting back into war games so I haven't even played a game of the new edition so I have no clue what weapons are what. Although I sure would love some input on what to equip him with and maybe any details on conversion options. I'm wondering myself if I can attach something to his back and use it as a weapon. It really sounds like a fun idea, I know he said last time he had somebody attach some kind of missle lauchers on the scouts shoulders/ back. I'll probably find out more information tomorrow when I go there, I still even need to pick up a scout.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm certain there are hordes of "Assault 12" or high # of shots weapons with special "hit on 2's" rules. If you can give him ANYTHING, I mean...
Just makes ure you've got as long a range as possible. You don't want to have to wait until they're 24" away to shoot!
Also, as stated above, what about 0 point weapons? You should ask.
There are a number of characters with bad ass guns that show as zero points.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”