What do you think about the "NEW" 8th edition changes???

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

akum ( 230 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: What do you think about the "NEW" 8th edition changes???

Post by akum »

No, you roll up, next turn get out then move, then assault :) extra tip, charge with your transport first to eat up the overwatch. It has fly, so if it survives (it should) it can fall back and still shoot :)
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

8th edition you roll up and get out from any vehicle and assault the same turn. Page 183 of the Rulebook.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Note, as Akum says, you have to disembark BEFORE the vehicle moves though.
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:37 am
I disagree that all vehicles are assault vehicles. In the OLD version, it meant something. You could roll up in your land raider, get out and assault in the same turn.
Now you can roll up, then get out and assault in the FOLLOWING turn.
I'd have loved to see a special rule called "Assault vehicle" for those types of vehicles that still allowed you to do that. It would allow the new rules to make transports more attractive (like they have), while not taking anything away from vehicles that used to be special in that regard.
No, you've got the order wrong. You can only disembark if your transport hasn't moved.

So roll up. Wait a turn. Disembark and charge.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

The rework on vehicles in general is going to take people a while to adjust.
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm
The rework on vehicles in general is going to take people a while to adjust.
I found it fun to turn my vehicles around 'accidentally' during movement so that my opponent thought they were getting an advantage, only to watch the realization that facings were gone.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

3eland wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:59 am
Note, as Akum says, you have to disembark BEFORE the vehicle moves though.
I think that you could assault, though, if the transport were somehow destroyed after moving ... assuming the model(s) on board survived the experience.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

It's tough to get exploded during your own movement and shooting phases, but it is certainly possible. :)
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

pretre wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 pm
It's tough to get exploded during your own movement and shooting phases, but it is certainly possible. :)
Isn't it crazy, though?

If I had a Rhino Primaris with the twin plasma guns, I could guarantee you I would not be firing those babies on full power.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

psiekier wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 pm
pretre wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 pm
Isn't it crazy, though?

If I had a Rhino Primaris with the twin plasma guns, I could guarantee you I would not be firing those babies on full power.
Oh yeah, I always forget that it is 'remove the model'
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

pretre wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 pm
MagickalMemories wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:37 am
I disagree that all vehicles are assault vehicles. In the OLD version, it meant something. You could roll up in your land raider, get out and assault in the same turn.
Now you can roll up, then get out and assault in the FOLLOWING turn.
I'd have loved to see a special rule called "Assault vehicle" for those types of vehicles that still allowed you to do that. It would allow the new rules to make transports more attractive (like they have), while not taking anything away from vehicles that used to be special in that regard.
No, you've got the order wrong. You can only disembark if your transport hasn't moved.

So roll up. Wait a turn. Disembark and charge.
Dude. That's what I said. See the underlined bit above.

I like that you can disembark from all vehicles and assault (provided they haven't moved), but I believe that vehicles previously referred to as Assault Vehicles (Open Topped, Land Raiders, etc) should ALSO be allowed to move, THEN be disembarked and charged from (in the same turn) in the current edition. Because they can't, they've lost something that was special about them.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

3eland wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:58 am
8th edition you roll up and get out from any vehicle and assault the same turn. Page 183 of the Rulebook.
No, sir.
You can roll up, but disembarking and assaulting is the following turn.

"Any unit that begins it's Movement phase embarked within a transport can disembark before the transport moves...<SNIP>... Units that disembark can then act normally (move, shoot, fight, charge, etc.) during the remainder of their turn..."

It is explicit that you must disembark before the transport moves.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I meant roll up in your vehicle. Like being a gangster. That's why my next comment was to clarify you need to disembark before the vehicle moves.

Sheesh MM, get with the gangster times bro.
~Ryan~

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING!
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

No, MM, you're not getting me.

Now you can roll up. Then next turn, get out and assault.

;)

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”