30k horus heresy starter? ive heard rumors looking for truth

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

30k horus heresy starter? ive heard rumors looking for truth

Post by Daverage007 »

Does anyone know anything about the potential horus heresy 2player starter sets I've heard rumors about I've seen lots of articles but no actual details to back up the stories im really digging the black library series and would consider getting into this if the $ was right let me know talk up what's out there im interested to hear what others think
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: 30k horus heresy starter? ive heard rumors looking for t

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Yeah, I heard that rumor, but then heard it got shot down. I'd be pretty surprised if it were true, since it would be generic marines vs. generic marines to get the most flexibility, which would effectively amount to one decent-sized discounted army rather than the more obvious model of pushing two different armies that are largely unplayable outside of starter games since they're so small: doesn't follow GW's model.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

Post by Daverage007 »

Yeah I know its so disappointing... I would just like an entry point into the Horus Heresy 30k system and not have to worry about the specifics of ordering everything from forgeworld... I'm gonna keep an ear out for anymore news about starting forces
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

The easy way in is that most marines are compatible in some form even if reorganized or not optimized. It's mostly armor variants (aesthetic), fancy vehicles, and characters, and the latter two can be proxied/converted if you don't like expensive resin. And that leaves the new army lists which, like 40k, are mostly only accessible through army books etc.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Yeah never take any rumour seriously until there are pictures.

I heard this a while ago but pretty sure it was someone wish-listing which then got taken out of context and got huge.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Man, I wish some of the crazy rumors of the "leaked" 40k 6th edition were true. IDK how much was scrapped or just wish-listing, but I had real hopes for 6th being another big jump instead of power weapon variety and the beginning of the end of FOC.

Yeah, it's fun to see speculation, but I don't believe anything 'til I see it.
-Nietzsche

Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

Post by Daverage007 »

I guess I am just a sucker for 2 Player battle boxes :) a good old friend of mine and I were talking 30k when he was in town a week or 2 back and I was hoping to have a way to get us both into war games again... Plus I really want iron hands 30k Farrus Manus and Marines. Ugh its just like even if it was a FG direct id consider it but trying to find people to play with and that are okay ordering forgeworld just its tough oh well... Maybe this is just me wish listing
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

IF they did come out with it I would for sure pick it up depending on what factions were involved and what it came with.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”