SO what will be the next codex ??? AND WTF is GW doing!!!

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

SO what will be the next codex ??? AND WTF is GW doing!!!

Post by nightlord »

I know the Blood Angels codex just came out. So does anyone know what the next codex will be>???

Also why did the marines get individual codexs on blood angels, and dark angels. And Chaos still dosent have codex's for say, Nightlords, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors etc etc . Or even codex's about the main four of khorne, tzeentch, slaneesh, and nurgle.

At one time chaos was the most popular 40k army going. Now its just simple and blah. GW needs to wake the [trying to avoid the language censors is BAD - Admin] up and get with it.
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Re: SO what will be the next codex ??? AND WTF is GW doing!!

Post by psiekier »

nightlord wrote:I know the Blood Angels codex just came out. So does anyone know what the next codex will be???
The next codex after the Blood Angels is the Necrons. It's already out.
nightlord wrote:Also why did the marines get individual codexs on blood angels, and dark angels. And Chaos still dosent have codex's for say, Nightlords, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors etc etc . Or even codex's about the main four of khorne, tzeentch, slaneesh, and nurgle.
How long have you been playing Warhammer 40,000?

Blood Angels and Dark Angels - not to mention the Space Wolves - have had separate chapter-specific roolz since the publication of Angels of Death (which combined da roolz for both chapters) in 1996. That was Second Edition. Every edition since then has been the same way, even if you had to use the previous edition's codex (or refer to another more complete codex in the same edition, as the Third Edition Blood Angels "pamphlet" did with the Third Edition Space Marines codex) with the newer editions roolz fer playin'.

By contrast, beginning with the First Edition Realms of Chaos books published in 1988, no chaos power has been granted its own codex (although they have occasionally had good Chapter Approved articles in White Dwarf and featured heavily in some special codices, such as Third Edition's Eye of Terror) until Sixth Edition Warhammer 40,000, when the Black Legion got a separate book.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

psiekier wrote:not to mention the Space Wolves
I said not to mention the Space Wolves, but they actually have the distinction of being the first Space Marine chapter to have a chapter-specific army list. It appeared in Chapter Approved: the Book of the Astronomican in 1988, for use with the First Edition Rogue Trader roolz. They also got their own codex all to themselves in Second Edition before both the Blood Angels and the Dark Angels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

Ok ive played since Rogue Trader(im 47 years old) Me and my friends were some of the first to order GW stuff from magazines like DRAGON.

The Chaos Codex we have currently is CRAP!!! Especially since GW released the Marine codex that gives rules for Chapter specific armies IE white scars, raven guard, etc etc.

The Marine Codex reset the bar for 40k armies since its release.

And the current chaos codex did nothing for Nightlords, Alpha legion, iron warriors, word bearers or the 4 main cults KHORNE, NURGLE ,TZEENTCH, or Slannesh.

And now that GW has released the KHORNE CODEX I say to you , WHAT!!!! GW seems to have seen its MAJOR SCREW UP and is now trying to fix it??

About Freaken Time

Any QUESTIONS.

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I'm just patiently waiting on the Daemonkin Slaanesh and Nurgle.

I agree that CSM Codex isn't the greatest but it isn't THAT bad. I still do very well with the units.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

Until the Rainbow Warriors get there own codex I'm boycotting GW :roll: :lol:
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Formations are the new thing. Everyone will be getting something with theirs.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

kturock wrote:Formations are the new thing. Everyone will be getting something with theirs.
Boy, I'll say! Blood Angels "Sanguine Wing" Formation:

1 Stormraven
1 Sternguard Squad (must have 10 models, embarked on Stormraven)
2 Vanguard Squads (must have 10 models each, must have jump packs)

The whole formation comes screaming out of Reserves on a single roll. Any model in the Sternguard Squad may requisition a combiweapon from the Armoury at no cost. Likewise, any model in the Vanguard Squads make take a power weapon or single Lightning Claw at no cost.

If you do it right, this comes out to about 800 points.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

What? That's a pretty beefy formation, and I guess they felt vanguard were really overpriced? I mean, that's a ton of free gear. Is that the exact formation, or does it have additional options? Specifically, that looks like a lot of fun as an allied force, but it feels odd w/o a character...
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Post by usernamesareannoying »

Wtf is gw doing? Making lots of money.
Maybe you should open your own business and teach them a lesson?
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Caaaalm down.
No need for flame baiting.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

1 Stormraven

The whole formation comes screaming out of Reserves on a single roll. Any model in the Sternguard Squad may requisition a combiweapon from the Armoury at no cost. Likewise, any model in the Vanguard Squads make take a power weapon or single Lightning Claw at no cost.

Hey, I have the blood angle codex and I looked through it to see how you pull this off. free power weapons?? all units come down from reserves with one dice roll?? You got me wet here and I need some explaining please.

optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

nightlord wrote:1 Stormraven

Hey, I have the blood angle codex and I looked through it to see how you pull this off. free power weapons?? all units come down from reserves with one dice roll?? You got me wet here and I need some explaining please.
It's a formation from one of the WDWs I believe #46???? It's the same one as Angels fury where you get the 3 Stormravens, 3 Tac squads in them with free teleport homers. They can come on in turn 1 with a re roll and anything that comes in deep strike reserve within 12" of 2 of the homers (they work inside the ravens) doesn't scatter AND can assault the turn it comes in.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

optimusprime14 wrote:It's a formation from one of the WDWs I believe #46???? It's the same one as Angels fury where you get the 3 Stormravens, 3 Tac squads in them with free teleport homers. They can come on in turn 1 with a re roll and anything that comes in deep strike reserve within 12" of 2 of the homers (they work inside the ravens) doesn't scatter AND can assault the turn it comes in.
The Sanguine Wing formation appears in the Shield of Baal: Exterminatus campaign supplement. There are a lot of great formations in there ... too bad GW didn't bother to put them in the codex for the army to which they belong! :evil:

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”