2E Marines in colored plastic?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

2E Marines in colored plastic?

Post by TheRhino »

From time to time I see auctions on eBay for Second Edition Space Marines in colored plastic. Where do these come from? I've never seen such a thing in person, as all the ones I've ever seen are in grey plastic. I know old Space Crusade Marines came in multiple colors, but these aren't Space Crusade models.

Example (feel free to remove if inappropriate to post an auction link :P):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Marine-Mi ... 1389391%26

Did these colored sprues exist, or has someone managed to copy old sprues in new materials?
Also, were the two-part Genestealers ever released in lavender plastic? I have owned some in both grey and navy plastic, but never lavender...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: 2E Marines in colored plastic?

Post by MagickalMemories »

For illustration purposes, the auction's fine... though I'd have preferred you googled something. Eventually, that auction's going to be removed from feebay.
It might be from an early 40K boxed set. The date on it is 1993, so it's got some years behind it.
I know you can find a lot of dark blue genestealers around. Many, if not all of these are from old Space Hulk (and related) boxed sets.
Tyranid Attack models came in, I think, tan. Pretty sure the Nids did, at least.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

It's possible, I wasn't gaming during 2nd ed 40k so don't know for sure. I do remember the RT marines coming in different colors other then the widely know tan. Green comes to mind.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
Klahtoo ( 172 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Klahtoo »

The old game Space Crusade had Space Marines of different coloured plastic. Here is an image:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'll Buy That for a Dollar !!
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

That's the only GW game I didn't own and hav eplayed since 86. I've never seen those before. That must be the only way they were sold. That also explains the reason that the 1st Warzone games had colored modles. As a matter of fact, they're the smae colors.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

I have some blue marines. Unless Im way off base they came from a demo kit (small box-5 figs and paint). I was able to get several at a GamesDay event a few years ago. They also had purple genestealers.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
TheRhino ( 212 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheRhino »

Thanks all.
After some more searching and asking around, it appears these colored models came from the Space Marine Assault mini-demo box:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2575 ... ne-assault

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”