thouhgt about new csm codex.

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: thouhgt about new csm codex.

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

kturock wrote:I had those old dreads, csm
I think you mean *Obliterators* <wink wink>.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

i must be missing the joke, but they were dreads back in RT & 2nd ed. When the became sarcophagus, then the style changed.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Not a joke, exactly. I've just always hated the Oblit models, and so originally I had used old Imperial Robots and then hit on the idea of using the old RT Chaos Dreads instead--they fit perfectly on a 40mm base, have a close combat arm and a blaster arm, and look like nothing else. I love 'em in that role.

I feel your pain re redundant models--but there is always Apocalypse or trading them off to hard core purists like myself.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I might take you up on trading them off. then again with the financial situation.. they my just be off.

send me a pm if you want to talk.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

thats a weird model to use as an oblit. I have one fully painted sitting in a display.

I actually hated the first release of oblits. I still have 6 of them hanging around here I use as a proxie until i decide exactly what i want in my army. I kinda like the oblits they have now. but i plan on modeling my own design for my next project. Right after I finish these orks off.

By the way does anyone know where i can find and print out the rules for the ork and marine fliers posted in white dwarf?

Peace.
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Currently, the SM one is only in the WD or download codex (the print one is out of date), and the ork one is, I believe, only online. Both are easy to find scans of, though.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Genghiscam ( 84 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Genghiscam »

I have played since the mid '90s. Certainly lots has been made redundant/left out, but I am really more bothered by how the costs have soared. Which is one of the reasons I'm trading here!

I have a bunch of models I can't use. Mostly old CSM, but also quite a few WFB and now quite a lot of LOTR. I am having a hard time justifying spending so much, especially on the so-called "Finecast" when I have so much that I can't use.

New rulebook: $ 90 (Canadian) New CSM Codex: $60 (Canadian) (Why are the Canadian prices so much more than the US prices when both dollars have been approx the same for the last 2 years?) The codex certainly isn't worth 2/3rd of the rulebook. I am disappointed, but have been in most of their products for the last few years.

I still enjoy playing the game though, and do think that we have an excellent hobby.
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

I good rule of thumb. If a game comes out based on a movie or TV series dont waste your money(LOTR). Eventualy the movie or series runs out and the game ends up in moth balls.
Also most of the "COLLECTABLE" games are a waste of money too. Unless you can predict a good time to dumb the lot on ebay. IE mech warrior clicks. Yeah it was fun for a year or two, then they changed the rules and the bottom fell out. When the rules changed I dumbed everything and got some of my money back. But over all 40K has been pretty solid. And the ability to make conversions and make armies personal to my likeing/taste makes the game that more adictive.

I understand the costs of the GW games keeps climbing , but so does minamum wages. I remember when it was 3.35 an hour and super unleaded gas went for 1.00 a gallon. I had a suped up kawasaki KZ 1000LTD and trying to find super unleaded for under a doller was priority. GW used to sell three rhinos in one box for the price of ones of todays rhinos.

Everything is going up and up every year. But thats just the nature of the beast. Thank God for Bartertown and Ebay.

J.MorganKuberry ( 40 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by J.MorganKuberry »

I cannot deal with the price of the Chaos 40k codex so I'm not going to read it. All the new codices and army books, in their hardcover format are just too expensive. I can't justify spending that much money on a rulebook that I know will be obsolete in a few years when the army list is rewritten. I have every rules set going back to Rogue Trader, but not the current ones, they just cost too much. Eventually, I'll buy the current boxed set to have the rulebook, but the codices will have to wait until they are outdated and cheap.
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

Army Builder always helps.

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

J.MorganKuberry wrote:I cannot deal with the price of the Chaos 40k codex so I'm not going to read it. All the new codices and army books, in their hardcover format are just too expensive. I can't justify spending that much money on a rulebook that I know will be obsolete in a few years when the army list is rewritten. I have every rules set going back to Rogue Trader, but not the current ones, they just cost too much. Eventually, I'll buy the current boxed set to have the rulebook, but the codices will have to wait until they are outdated and cheap.
Agreed on pricing.

I still remember when codexes were $15. Even if the new ones are more than 4x the quality and product, I'm just not happy shelling out cash for that. With rare, rare exception (Imperial Armor comes to mind), gaming books are still just shiny reference material to me, and will either not get used much (not worth the value) or I'll love 'em, and they'll end up like my 3rd edition 40k core book: dogeared to hell, and probably being held together by willpower, more than structure. Either way, economy procedes quality, when army books are $50
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

All praise the mighty pdf and Ipads...

Not saying anything... Just that I appreciate technology.

Weird coincidence that I haven't bought an army book or codex since I bought my Ipad. Really weird!

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”