what race has the void bomber.

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

what race has the void bomber.

Post by kturock »

I was suggested to get 1 for this army build I'm working on. I don't see it on GW's site or ebay or fW. I know i've heard the name before but am completely drawing a blank.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
YoungWolf777 ( 1150 )
Millenium Trader

Re: what race has the void bomber.

Post by YoungWolf777 »

The Voidraven Bomber is in the new Dark Eldar codex, page 47. There is no model for it as of yet.

You could probably use a Void Dragon Phoenix (FW Eldar) to represent one.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

As kturock's currently working on an Eldar army, I'm going to presume he is actually referring to the FW Void Dragon Phoenix. I don't think he's using any Dark Eldar allies and, even if he was, I'm not sure it's worth the points in comparison to what else he could get from the DE codex.Granted, I understand that is a matter of opinion and a topic for a different thread.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

No MM, you're wrong. this is what I was given as a list.. extrapolate for yourself:

LOL, the list was
2 squads of 10 man wraithguard with enhance,
Yriel,
3 wraith lords with swords x2 flamers,
3 haemonculus,
5 Grotesques,
5 wracks and
a talos pain engine.
After trying it though, you would be better off with a void bomber and
2x 10 man squads of dark eldar warriors. They add much needed range to the army.

It's a DE/E list. The 1st part ate the nid army his brother usually eats everything with.

so it is/was a DE model. I'll probably get a Razorwing. same points so they should look about the same.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Whoops. My bad. I figured that you'd know who it belonged to, if you were looking at adding DE into the mix. Using the Razorwing model would be fine, I'd think. I don't personally know anyone who'd complain about it. Plus, with a group that uses cups for Drop Pods, I think you'll be fine.

Looking at that list... I'm not a fan of it at all. Almost everything on the DE side is squishy against most weapons. Their armor saves are low, so they wouldn't be getting them very often.

May I ask what the theory is behind it? Just comparing it to a typical 1850 or 2000 point list that I'd run with DE, I don't think most of it would make it half way across the table to me, and most of it needs to be half way across the table to do anything.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

all I can say was, it was described as "vulgar. and even fit the fluff. undead & not dead.' Like I said, it ate a tournament winning bug army in 3 turns.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Was the bug army a shooty army or assault army?

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

i don't know. he has 2; presumably 1 of each. He classifies them by color, red bug or purple bug, based on their paint scheme. I've faced his shooty army before. I think I sent you te details in a pm.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”