⚜ ⚜ Help me slay heretic Marines! ⚜ ⚜

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: ⚜ ⚜ Help me slay heretic Marines! ⚜ ⚜

Post by pretre »

Alternatively, just let it go.

If he's playing traitors, he may bring a Helldrake, but TWC probably have an invul and you definitely do. Not a big deal.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I honestly have no clue. He might even play a Marine force that has succumbed to chaos. It is literally up in the air at this point lol.

Got a list from the Pup player.
Ok something like this, but not necessarily this
Bjorn

Murderfang
Dreadnought [Dreadnought, Power Fist w/ Heavy Flamer, Twin-Linked Lascannon]

Grey Hunters
····Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
····9x Grey Hunter [9x Bolt Pistol, 6x Bolter, 2x Meltagun, Power Axe]
····Wolf Guard Pack Leader [Bolt Pistol, Combi Melta]

Thunderwolf Cavalry [3x Melta Bombs]
····Thunderwolf Cavalry [Chainsword, Storm Shield]
····Thunderwolf Cavalry [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword]
····Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Storm Shield, Wolf Claw]

Thunderwolf Cavalry [3x Melta Bombs]
····Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Power Fist, Storm Shield]

Logan Grimnar, High King of Fenris [Relic: Stormrider]

+ Formation +

"Arjac's Shieldbrothers"
····Wolf Guard Terminators [Arjac Rockfist, Land Raider Crusader, WG Terminator Leader w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, 4x WG Terminator w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield]

He says he can bring the shoebox if we want. I might just say ignore it. We will most likely be playing objectives so there is a 1/6 chance per objective to get skyfire.

His list looks fast and tanky. But very cc oriented.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Yeah, you want fast armor cracking, so 3 squads of dominions are perfect. If you can fit a priest in with the shield brothers, that'd be awesome. The blob would still be a good call and exorcists for long range. It'll be fun.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Cool!

I shall let you know how it goes!
~Ryan~

NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

From the title I thought you were fighting CSM. My only response was going to be "Just roll your dice, their book is terrible."

:D
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

lol

They aren't so bad. I have a Slaanesh Noise Marine warband for my Deamonettes army and they do pretty awesome.

We ended up playing AoS so I was unable to crush heretical foes.

Was his birthday (the Heretic) and he wanted to play AoS last minute so we said sure.

Was still fun, I'll just have to wait to slay heretics at a later time!
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Bah. How was AOS though?
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Our gaming group enjoys it actually.

We played a "Bring whatever you want" game and it worked out very well.

I played Lizardmen, the Pup player brought Woodies and the Birthday Boy (man? he's 29 lol) had Vampire Counts.

My game vs the Vamps was fun. I placed about 75% of my entire Lizardmen Army down (this includes all my monsters minus Kroq-Gar) which filled my entire side. Then I proceeded to summon Kroq-gar turn one from my Engine of the Gods any way lol.

I had so much on the field that it granted the Vamps Sudden Death and he chose "Slay a Hero" as his challenge. I chose my Slann Mage as the Hero he would have to slay (fluffy!). I had Chakax close by for wound bouncing and a unit of Temple Guard ready to block any incoming threats as well as a few skink clouds to keep units busy so I was confident.

He won.

I outnumbered him easily 3 to 1 and he won. It took 5 turns but he eventually was able to kill my Slann Mage. I could have won if we went to 6 turns and if I had gotten first turn. The random rolling to see who gets first turn can really change what you do and how you do it.

Goes to show that even if you unload your entire collection, it is still an even match for both players. Obviously we don't play as "that guy" so we had fun with the game rather than trying to break it.

Next time I will be making up a batrep so I can share it with everyone.

We are starting an Age of Sigmar campaign this weekend and will be playing it every other weekend after that so I will make up a new thread on that.

Either way, Age of Sigmar is obviously not for everyone, but we find it fun to play.
~Ryan~

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

So, if I recall the rumors (from when they were just that), nothing has points values?
That's what (IMO) caused the Inquisitor game to be so f*ed up.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

No point values and a 5 page rulebook (for now any way).

All models have rules, some have really funny or really weird special rules. However the new models are more serious and structured better. From what I read, GW wanted to allow all players to use their models as they slowly introduced the new armies.

People have already broken the game, but if you play for fun then it actually IS fun.

GW has always said they did not design their products for competitive use and AoS was that last push in doing so.

Like I said though, it is not for everyone. We still play 8th though too so now we have a fun Skirmish game but still our serious (lol) massive dice rolling and unit pushing game.
~Ryan~

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

MagickalMemories wrote:So, if I recall the rumors (from when they were just that), nothing has points values?
That's what (IMO) caused the Inquisitor game to be so f*ed up.

Eric
Eugh... yeah, Inquisitor was a great sketch of a game that got cannibalized well for the FFG line, but was just idiotic regarding balance and that even did have a loose points structure. It was fun, but got really old really quickly, since it so heavily favored powerful small crews (and unfortunately that was only exacerbated in specialized themes (rather than revealing a weakness)).

I had some really fun single games but the unbalanced environment killed any long-term interest in my circle. We built some great, fun, thematic little sets to fight, and then they stayed on the shelf without a GM/moderator role (which, again, AoS doesn't have). I think that analogy's strong, Eric, and suspect a similar trend in AoS.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

pretre wrote:My general opinion/tactic for SOB is just to ignore flyers. SW flyer is really good though, if he wants to take that.

Alternatively, you could go with Vengeance Batteries or a Bastion with Rets in it.
Blood Angel player here, whose codex is only slightly better than SOB. If you are allowed a Fortification and concerned about enemy flyers, why not take an Aegis Defense Line (50 points) equipped with a quadcannon (50 points) from the Stronghold Assault book?

Unlike a Bastion, an Aegis Defense line does not count as a "building", and thus can neither be destroyed nor occupied. It grants the models taking cover behind it a 4+ cover save. This increases to a 2+ if those models Go To Ground. The enemy could target the quadcannon separately, like an artillery piece, so there is that vulnerability, but he could do that if it were on a bastion, too. It seems like a decent deal for armies like mine who have costly or stupid AA options.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

The difference is that the Bastion is a force multiplier for Retributors (giving them extra HB for rending and the quad-cannon itself).
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Quad Cannon on Bastion counts as an emplaced with the new rules doe sit not? So it cannot be targeted separately.

Would the Aegis Defense Line not give the Quad a 4+ also?
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Yes and Yes (if sufficiently blocked in the LOS of the firer).

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”