BTR BanggCagen: Chris Benson - Resolved via Police

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Vycem ( 488 )
Resident Trader

BTR BanggCagen: Chris Benson - Resolved via Police

Post by Vycem »

Hello Bartertown,

After all these years I've finally had a real bad trade to report. It was bound to happen and I should've seen it coming - fell for a complete noob account with a "too good to be true" deal (though I've had those in the past, and in BTown they usually are just great deals!). I should've insisted on Paypal, but I've dealt with plenty of sellers who don't do Paypal without a problem.

At any rate, the PM transcript, starting with my first PM on his thread:

Re: For Sale - Possibly.

Sent: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:09 pm
by Vycem
Hey, don't bother with garage sales. I'll give you $100 for it.

Subject: For Sale - Possibly.

BanggCagen wrote:I have been gaming for years now, and recently found MMO's my new addiction, and a guildie of Mine in Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning pointed me towards this site to possibly sell all my Table Top stuff....... Ok here is the deal, i have around 7 Boxes, medium sized full of stuff, I am a collector so most are still not opened.

I am not sure where to post this but here are a few of what we have.

1 x Command Squad Box set.
6 x Tactical Squads
9 x Drop Pods
1 x Vanguard Squad
4 x Terminator Squads
2 X Dreadnoughts
8 x Assault Squads
1 x Captain Sicarius.

Including plenty other stuff. All good and clean/brand spanking new. I would like to lose it all in one go, i know the shipping will be a crap load, but we can work that out when the time comes.

If anyone mite be interested you can PM me, or whatever we do here.

(Scratch this garage sale it is, didn't realize this would be such a pain in the a@@)

Cagen~

-----

Sent: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:13 pm
by BanggCagen

Would def do that, for the one's i posted there, and what about the Boxes full, have around 7 boxes ranging from a medium to a large with everything from large tanks/dragons etc to everything else. And 90% are still brand new in boxes. Also have paints and brushes unopened as well.

I would do it all for around 500, but mite need to meet face to face, i am in Northern Washington. I do not have paypal so that limits how i can make deals here. And really do not wanna get scammed, which is why i am considering a garage sale.
-----

Sent: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:32 am
by Vycem
Unfortunately I'm in South Florida, so I can't really do face to face. I understand about getting ripped off - I'm nervous about that too. But if you look up at my references, I've done a TON of trades on this site and never ripped anyone off. I also have an eBay account with a ton of references there.

Is there any way you'd be willing to get paypal? It would give us protection on the deal.

Other than that, the one most at risk would be me since I'm the one who would be paying first as the buyer, then relying on you to ship.

Tell you what we can do to build trust. Why don't we go ahead and make a deal for what you listed for the $100. I'll pay you, you ship, and if we're both happy and satisfied that we can trust each other, we can work out a deal for the rest. Does that sound fair?

Thank you very much,
Endre Enyedy
-------

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:26 pm
by BanggCagen
I am new to all this and not sure how i would get the money, would prefer washington residents, all those i lusted are in boxes brand new as well. So probably easier to send out. My name is Chris Benson by the way.
------

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:05 pm
by Vycem
Hello Mr. Benson,

Well, there's three ways we could handle the payment:

1. You could set up a paypal account and I can send the money there. The nice thing about paypal is that the payment is immediate, and you can move it to your bank account then ship me the items. See http://www.paypal.com

2. I could send you a money order, after which you could ship me the items. The downside is that we'd have to wait for the money order to arrive, and I'd be risking the most.

3. You could ship me the items C.O.D., and I could pay the mailman the full payment when the package arrive. See http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail ... ervice.htm That one has less risk since I would have to pay you before the post office delivers.

Let me know what you think. Also, I still think it would be best if we did the smaller trade first, then once trust is better established, we can go ahead and do the bigger deal.

Thanks,
Endre Enyedy
---------

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:26 pm
by BanggCagen
My Partner who is also the owner of most of this isn't too fond of the out of state deals, but if we did a money order wouldn't that be the same as Money Gram? There is one right near us at College Way Foods. Not more than a Block away, and yes i agree on the Smaller Deal, But the 7 boxes we have are full, all packed nicely and 90% of the stuff is boxed still never opened.

We actually just sold one of the 6 Dreadnaughts we have to a friend here. And he may actually choose a few more things, Craigslist ended up working for a few things with him so that was pretty neat.

Money Order could be decent, the COD thing is hard to bite on to, just because we have never done that and the post office is known to really mess *edit* up. (recently with a star trek large scale dyecast Model we had ordered)

Too bad your not in Washington. If the Money gram is an Option, for the stuff i did list and the 100 for that.. To get the ball rolling, then my info is -

Chris Benson 1329 N. Laventure Rd. Mount Vernon WA. 98273 the website looked pretty informative if you decide to take a look at it.
http://www.moneygram.com

Like i said we are new to all this, and really nervous on the whole idea of cross state selling, but if this goes well i can grab a large list of what we have for you. or a good idea of it anyway and maybe you can make an offer.
------

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:36 pm
by Vycem
No, I completely understand, it's always nerve wracking to conduct a trade, particularly since so much money is floating around!

Ok, I looked up the Moneygram. Yes it's just one type of money order (you can get different types). I looked them up and found the nearest location. I can ship as early as tomorrow.

So to confirm, I'm sending a $100 money order to:

Chris Benson
1329 N. Laventure Rd.
Mount Vernon WA. 98273

Correct?

Let me know if this sounds good, and I will send the money order out tomorrow, you should be receiving it a few days after that. Does that sound good?

-Endre Enyedy
-------

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:01 pm
by BanggCagen
Yeah that is correct, and you want the ones i listed? I also have multiples of those as well. We kind of went nuts 9 months ago, and earlier on our tax returns etc and have gained a lot of this stuff, also Star trek and Star Wars as well... Wouldn't happen to know of sites that conduct trades of that type of stuff do you?

And yeah tomorrow is fine, would be able to ship out Teu after work.
-----

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:10 pm
by Vycem
I would be interested in the multiples, yes, but lets do the first trade and take it from there. You can compile me a list afterwards and I'll make an offer.

I'll get the money out tomorrow then.

As for Star Wars/Star Trek, not yet, but let me do some research and see if I can help you guys out.

Thanks,
Endre Enyedy
------

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:17 pm
by BanggCagen
Awesome and thanks tons! Will chat tomorrow then.
------

Sent: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:09 pm
by BanggCagen
Just got up now. Am gonna head to work in a few minute's here.
-------

Sent: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:05 pm
by Vycem
Hello Mr. Benson,

I've shipped you today a MoneyGram money order for the full amount, it should be arriving in a few days.

For shipping purposes, my address is:

Endre Enyedy
9159 Sw 77th Avenue Apt.302
Miami, FL 33156

Let me know when it arrives, thanks!
-Endre
----------

Sent: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:10 pm
by BanggCagen
Oh ok, a few days? usually it would be instant wouldn't it? MoneyGram i mean.
-----------

Sent: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:28 pm
by Vycem
Unfortunately there's no MoneyGram store anywhere close to where I live, so I had to go to a MoneyGram supplier (in my case, CVS) and then to the post office to mail it to you manually.

Sorry about that, but they don't seem to have a dedicated MoneyGram store near me.

-Endre
--------

Sent: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:36 pm
by BanggCagen
Not a biggie at all. Will let you know when it arrives.

----------

Sent: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:03 pm
by BanggCagen
Quick Update, nothing as of yet. Probably tomorrow or Sat we are assuming since from southern florida.

-----

Sent: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 pm
by Vycem
Thanks for the update! Hopefully it'll get there soon. Yeah, I shipped from Miami so it might take a few days. Let me know when it arrives.

Thanks,
Endre
--------

Sent: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:59 pm
by BanggCagen
I received it today, will be sending it out by monday/teusday if that is ok for you. Need to figure out what shipping will be..Will probably send it US mail ground normal freight.
--------

Sent: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:11 pm
by Vycem
That's not a problem. I do recommend getting delivery confirmation as it helps track it and it's pretty cheap. Good for safety. Otherwise cheapest shipping is fine with me.

Looking forward to the list with what else you have!

Thanks for the heads up, and have a good weekend,
Endre
------------

Sent: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 pm
by BanggCagen
Will do you as well, yeah i got to get off my arse and open some of those boxes...i will compile a list sometimes this next week as well.
------

Sent: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 am
by Vycem
No prob. I also play fantasy so don't be shy to list anything and everything!

-Endre

-------

Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 am
by BanggCagen
We are gonna get this packaged Probably teusday night for you Endre and hopefully out wen morning. Work late so hard to match the time right w/o staying up forever, will keep you updated.
---------

Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:05 pm
by Vycem
Not a problem, thanks for the heads up! Don't worry, I know how crazy work can get.

Thanks for the updates
------

Sent: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:12 pm
by BanggCagen
Hey thanks tons, yeah i have a crap job atm, for the last ten years haha. But am gonna get on this thing asap. Will keep you informed.
--------

Sent: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:03 am
by BanggCagen
Alright we are back in town this week, and gonna send those out for you. Sorry about the work delays and such...hard times with gas prices etc.
--------

Sent: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:11 pm
by Vycem
Hey, no prob, thanks for keeping me updated.
----------

Sent: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:00 pm
by Vycem
Heya,

Just touching base, were you able to ship the package?
-------------

Sent: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:14 am
by Vycem
Heya, I haven’t heard from you since Monday. Is everything OK on your end?
---------- (Not sure why the characters look like that in my sent email)

Sent: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:50 pm
by Vycem
Heya,

Is everything ok? It's been a solid week since I last heard from you.

-Endre

------

And that's the last of the communication. He stopped signing on BTown around the 19th, there's about 4 unread emails sitting in my outbox. I'm afraid at this point I've been had. I have his full name and address, so if anyone can help me track down his phone number I can try that next.

As you can see, I sent him payment in full and he cashed it, then bailed.

Thank you for any help BTown,
Endre Enyedy
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Re: Bad Trader - BanggCagen (Real Name: Chris Benson)

Post by blackspade »

Ouch!

This is bad. Hopefully one of the Mods can e-mail Chris and light a fire under him.
It just reinforces my opinion that low rated traders (ie less than 50) should always ship first regardless of whether it is a trade or sale.
That is going to be my ironclad policy from now on.
Skol!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

No phone # listed.

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Replay ... rseaddress

...and a more general one, in case you want to see if any of his neighbors know his phone #:

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Revers ... n+WA+98273

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

This isn't looking good...

This is what i found for the address

Community Mental Health Services
1329 N Laventure Rd, Mount Vernon, WA, 98273

This is the phone number there.
(360) 848-1339

Maybe give it a call and ask for him.

This may be him...
www.myspace.com/cuddlebugbear
Vycem ( 488 )
Resident Trader

Post by Vycem »

Holy crap, yeah, it's looking worse and worse.

I tried emailing him at his personal email, but it's no longer in service.

Time to try the phone number.... but wow, talk about an interesting twist

Thank you for all the help so far guys,
Endre
Norseman wrote:This isn't looking good...

This is what i found for the address

Community Mental Health Services

(360) 848-1339

Maybe give it a call and ask for him.

This may be him...
http://www.myspace.com/cuddlebugbear
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Actually i found a hit for Chris L (Lee) Benson at that address. Age 50 Maybe it is a residential complex as well.

i cant see the myspace from work. How does that look?

Actually found a link from a "newspaper" about a Chris benson from Mount Vernon
http://www.sgn.org/sgnnews32/page16.cfm
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

Dude in the paper clipping is the same as the myspace page. I'd be willing to bet that's Endre's guy.
A few trade guidlines:
1) If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines!
2) Communication is key! I'm a reasonable guy (I try,) so if there's a problem, tell me!
3) I package things well, you should do the same. Protect minis from each other, too.
4) Leave feedback!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Norseman wrote: Community Mental Health Services

(360) 848-1339
That's one of the entries from my second link, above.
I'm guessing that it's some sort of storefront type property with apartments above.
There are a number of people at taht address with various apt. #'s.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I am guessing it may be an assisted living community. We have them up here in Canada but didn't realize they had them in the states.
Vycem ( 488 )
Resident Trader

Post by Vycem »

Well, no one picked up the phone number so I went ahead and filed a police report. I don't know if they'll get my money back, but I'm interested in this guy being harassed and hassled so that next time he wants to scam a hundred bucks out of people over toy soldiers, maybe he'll think about it twice.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Call his neighbor...

Barbara L Bishop
1329 N Laventure Rd, Apt 4
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-6461
(360) 848-6760

Ask if she could knock on his door and ask him to give you a call.

Bear in mind the name of the building she lives in is...Community Mental Health Services
Vycem ( 488 )
Resident Trader

Post by Vycem »

I got a voice mail, so I figure I'll try her again later. Thanks though!
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Another neighbour..

Dueul R Porter
1329 N Laventure Rd, Apt 3
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-6461
(360) 848-1877
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

Come to think of it, can you get a number for facility administration?
A few trade guidlines:
1) If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines!
2) Communication is key! I'm a reasonable guy (I try,) so if there's a problem, tell me!
3) I package things well, you should do the same. Protect minis from each other, too.
4) Leave feedback!
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

Wait, scratch that. That was the first number Norseman came up with.
A few trade guidlines:
4) Leave feedback!

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”