BTR RPLYMILL (#1): Randy Plymill - RESOLVED

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

TSidhe96 ( 52 )
Trade Novice
Location: Lodi (about 35 mi from Sacramento), California, USA

BTR RPLYMILL (#1): Randy Plymill - RESOLVED

Post by TSidhe96 »

Over the last two months I have done over thirty trades/deals here on Bartertown and the ONLY person I have had any trouble with is this fellow with his 400+ rating. I even dealt with someone in Brazil and other than an issue with customs, that went fine. What I have experienced with RPLYMILL is a series of delays and what seems to be deliberate deception. The PM history will illustrate what I mean. I'm posting this so that maybe he will notice and act to clear things up or if not, in light of someone else's recent similar post, perhaps the moderators may step in. If nothing else, it may serve as a warning to others. If you are going to deal with RPLYMILL I strongly suggest you insist on his paying/shipping first regardless of his high rating.

I've added a few pertinent comments along the way in the PM history.

I haven't heard anything from RPLYMILL for some time now and see as where he has not been on the board since 9/21. His end of our deal is now outstanding for over a month. I have played nice guy the entire way and I think the PMs will show I've been more than patient and polite throughout the communication, maybe even too patient and polite. We had agreement on the deal on Aug 14, I sent the minis on Aug 19, they reached him on Aug 21. It is now Sept 29 and no payment.

==============================================================================================================================
Sent: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 am
by RPLYMILL

hey there,

Im interested in the following items.

Tyranid Termagants and Hormagaunts, (2), NIB..... 35.00
Tyranid Warriors, NIB.....35.00[/list]

Could you tell me the best price, plus shipping, you could give me for these items?

thanks
Randy
======================
Sent: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:00 pm
by TSidhe96

Randy,

Well, I said I would discount further for lots. So to stay true to that, I was debating between 57% and 62% off but I don't want to hold off a possible deal for the sake of just $5 difference. So how would $40 sound? Shipping on that, best as I can tell (since I haven't actually packed them to weigh them formally) would be $8.09 parcel post (7 days), $8.30 priority mail (2-3 days). That's based on approx 1-1/2 lb with a bit added for box and packing material weight.

Sooooooo, total of $48.30 (why would you want parcel post when priority is just 21 cents more).

Thanks for reading the ad and let me know if you are interested.
=====================================
Sent: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm
by RPLYMILL

hey Jason,

Well, I'd like to get those boxes from you.
Just have a couple more questions if you dont mind.

1. Those boxed sets are NIB correct?
2. Can you tell me how many termi/hormi's you can make with those boxes? (each box)
3. Would you mind shipping first?
4. what sort of payment options do you take?
please let me know

thanks
Randy
=========================
Sent: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:10 pm
by TSidhe96

Randy,

To answer your questions:
1. Yes, these are NIB, nothing broken off the sprues and two of them (1 gaunt box and the warriors) are still plastic wrapped.
2. The gaunt boxes allow you to build eight of each type (termagants and hormagaunts) per box, ie: 16 figures to the box. The warriors are 3 to a box.
3. I have no problem shipping first, especially given your references. Glad to.
4. My payment options are either check by mail or Paypal

I'm a little tied up this weekend but if you do want to buy these and send me your address I can get them mailed in the first half of the week without a problem.
==========================
Sent: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:14 pm
by RPLYMILL

Sounds good, done deal.
My address:

Randy Plymill
5027 White Sanderling Ct.
Tampa, FL 33619

Just shoot me over a PM when your able to ship the goodies out.
thanks for the deal

Randy

================
Sent: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:27 pm
by TSidhe96

Randy,

Thank you for the deal as well. I collected compulsively over a period of many years and have had reality slap me across the face and realized I would never paint all the minis I have accumulated (literally hundreds, maybe well over a thousand). So, trying to shed what I can down to a manageable level. Still kept some of my nids, figuring if I ever DO paint those and still want a whole army, I can buy them then. But in the meantime, my wallet thanks you and my garage thanks you (less to store). LOL.

WIll do on the shipping confirmation. As I said, should be in the first half of the week. If all goes as it should, via priority mail, you should have them by the end of the week. I'll post when they are en route. Thanks again.

============
Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 pm
by TSidhe96

Randy,

The minis are on their way. The confirmation/tracking number is 0103 8555 7498 1714 5939.

The return address on the package will list my wife's name, Robin. Just FYI so you can recognize the package source when it arrives, which, according to the USPS, shoudl be by the end of the week. Let em know when it does for my own peace of mind.

When the time comes, my Paypal ID is jjtiede@comcast.net.

Thanks again for the deal.
==============================
Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:30 pm
by RPLYMILL

Thank you for letting me know.
I'll be gone for next week for a vacation so I won't be home to receive the items if they arrive after this Friday.
So, will be be ok for me to send the cash after I get home to check things out?

[NOTE: at this point Randy indicates he will be on vacation for a week]
=========================
Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 pm
by TSidhe96

Randy,

Sending payment afteer you get home next week is fine. Not a problem. If you'ld rather send a check/M.O. instead of Paypal at that time, my address is:

Jason Tiede
430 Gerard Drive
Lodi, CA 95242
=============================
Sent: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 pm
by TSidhe96

Randy,

Just wondered whether you were back from vacation yet and had a chance to check over the minis. If everything checks out we could either do payment by Paypal (jjtiede@comcast.net) or via check/m.o. by snail mail:

Jason Tiede
430 Gerard Drive
Lodi, CA 95242

Let me know which way it winds up being. Thanks again for the deal.
==================================
Sent: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:08 am
by RPLYMILL

hey Jason,

thanks for checking in.
I just got home late last night and crashed, so I have not had a chance to look over anything.
I will get things sorted and checked tonight and have my wife drop off payment to you in the mail as I'm playing catch up at work this week due to being off.
If everything goes well, payment will be sent tomorrow.

pleasure dealing with you
Randy

[NOTE: Okay, at this point his "vacation" has been for 2 weeks and 2 days, given that he just said he had gotten back in on Tuesday night]
=================================
Sent: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:38 am
by TSidhe96

Randy,

I'm sincerely sorry if I'm coming across as a nag, but it's been a week since our last communication and still no payment either via mail or Paypal. What's the status?
Just FYI on the particulars, it was $48.30 for the minis and $11.41 for the shipping for a total of $59.71. My Paypal address is jjtiede@comcast.net and my physical address is:

Jason Tiede
430 Gerard Drive
Lodi, CA 95240

I'd appreciate it if you would please drop me a line and let me know what's going on.

[NOTE: This PM is where I first misquote the amount due. My bad due to faulty notes. But then, his check has supposedly already been sent and this error would not have affected the amount of his payment. Nor does he dispute it. I suspect he wasn't even paying attention to the message beyond what to write to further delay.]
========================
Sent: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 pm
by RPLYMILL

No no no...your not nagging me at all.
I'll double check with my wife to see when she mailed you the payment as I'm still buried under catch up work, and have not had time to do anything but work. Ugh!
I love going on vacation but man, catch up is a pain where I work at.
Plus, on top of that, I've not had internet at home the past couple days due to construction in my home community. (somebody cut something they weren't supposed to apparantly)
Anyhow, I'll be getting back with you soon. She's at a photoshoot tonight, so it'll probably be tomorrowish sometime.

Please, feel free to contact me at anytime about anything.

Randy
===============================
Sent: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:56 pm
by RPLYMILL

hey Jason,

Checked with my wife and she said she mailed it, but can't recall exactly what day unfortunately.
My only guess is that since your way out in CA and Im in FL, it might take more than a few days.
Keep your eyes open early next week and let me know if it arrives.

thanks for checking in
Randy
==========================
Sent: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:00 pm
To: RPLYMILL

Randy,

I'm sorry, but I have to start wondering what is going on here. Wednesday's mail has come and gone and still no payment recieved from you. It's been two weeks since you first indicated a check would be dropped off in the mail. You may be in Florida, and I in California, but it does not take a letter a full week to cross the country let alone two.

I note that I have been misquoting myself in a couple of messages in our correspondence. Faulty notes. I had a figure down of $48.30 with a further note about the shipping cost. But the deal was $40 for the minis with the $8.30 being for the shipping (tho shipping actually came to $11.41 rather than the estimated $8.30). So the actual agreed upon total was $48.30 shipped, not what I have been referring to in my latest messages. I apologize for that error but then I didn't start misquoting myself until after the check had been supposedly sent.

I notice that you have paid via Paypal for some of your previous deals on Bartertown. Could we please resolve this $48.30 via Paypal? My id is jjtiede@comcast.net.

I sent the minis on Aug 19, they reached you on Aug 21. It is now Sept 23. I'm sorry if my tone is approaching confrontational but I think I've been very patient and I really would like to close out this deal. Thanks.

[NOTE: The package was sent priority mail with a confirmation/tracking number of 0103 8555 7498 1714 5939 so the date of delivery is confirmed. What's more, Randy acknowledged reciept in the course of the PMs]
=================================

It is now Sept 29 and still no payment or word from Randy. I am definitely feeling like I have played the role of sucker here. I sold him NIB miniatures with a retail value of $105 for $40+shipping which is still outstanding. Randy Plymill is not doing Bartertown and it's rating system and customs (lower rating ships first) any favors here. I notice his last couple of trades (including the other complaint in this forum) were for Tyranids. It sort of smacks like someone using their rating to fill out an army they were interested in and then just blowing off the people involved for a freebie.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: RPLYMILL - patience nearly exhausted

Post by MagickalMemories »

1) Thank you for putting your communications in CHRONOLOGICAL order!

2) Not to nitpick, but:
Over the last two months I have done over thirty trades/deals here on Bartertown
Your current rating's a 38. Looks like about 11 people owe you references. Are you getting "on them" about that? that's quite a few to be shorted.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
TSidhe96 ( 52 )
Trade Novice

Post by TSidhe96 »

MagickalMemories wrote:1) Thank you for putting your communications in CHRONOLOGICAL order!

2) Not to nitpick, but:
Over the last two months I have done over thirty trades/deals here on Bartertown
Your current rating's a 38. Looks like about 11 people owe you references. Are you getting "on them" about that? that's quite a few to be shorted.

Eric
Eric,

It's part of that whole "nice guy" thing. I figure if they do they do, if they don't care enough I shouldn't nag them for it. I should probably consider it part of that "maybe too nice and too patient thing". Perhaps I should find a good 12 step program and get over that, lol. Your count is about right tho my figure included three that haven't finished closing out on both sides yet. But they've all been very straightforward other than the subject of my post.

Jason
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

This is really starting to look like a vet. gone rogue here.

Also, why do a lot of bad traders blame it on the wife/girlfriend? "Oh yea, I told my wife/girlfriend to mail it. She must have forgot." The excuse is starting to sound like the old "it got stuck at the post office" bit to me. (Note: RPLYMILL is an alleged bad trader at this point and this doesn't necessarily refer to his wife ATM. We'll see if he shows up to make things right.)
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=525

Last login 9/21/2009.

Not that this proves anything, one way or the other. I'm just including some info.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
YoungWolf7 ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by YoungWolf7 »

Although I've been gone for a few months I've done easily a good half dozen trades / sales with Randy, all with flawless results. He's always been a standup guy and easy to work with. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
Dan Smith
[Brushthrall][Tortured Artist][Mac Ninja]

reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

YW7, I don't think this is the type of post that really belongs in this thread. It doesn't really apply to the situation at hand. Unless, of course, you have specific information about the trader in question that would explain his absence/falling behind on this trade (i.e. he got hit by a bus and is in a full-body cast for two months). Also, past experience doesn't really weigh in on this current situation. This is not the only BTR on him right now.

Lastly, are you also YoungWolf777? Because otherwise, there is no feedback from/to you concerning RPLYMILL.
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

YoungWolf7 wrote:Although I've been gone for a few months I've done easily a good half dozen trades / sales with Randy, all with flawless results. He's always been a standup guy and easy to work with. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

No offense, but checking your old references, you ahvent traded with him since july of 2008. It has no place now in 2009.

I'm not anymore. He knows I sent the confirmation and picked up that PM and has been ducking ever since.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

reegsk wrote:YW7, I don't think this is the type of post that really belongs in this thread. It doesn't really apply to the situation at hand. Unless, of course, you have specific information about the trader in question that would explain his absence/falling behind on this trade (i.e. he got hit by a bus and is in a full-body cast for two months). Also, past experience doesn't really weigh in on this current situation. This is not the only BTR on him right now.

Lastly, are you also YoungWolf777? Because otherwise, there is no feedback from/to you concerning RPLYMILL.
carmachu wrote:
YoungWolf7 wrote:Although I've been gone for a few months I've done easily a good half dozen trades / sales with Randy, all with flawless results. He's always been a standup guy and easy to work with. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
I am indeed. My work computer somehow managed to log in under my old account. (I asked for the 2 to be merged long ago but nothing ever happened.) This is my account.

I have to disagree on past experience not applying to the situation at hand. Isn't that what the BTR/GTR system is all about? "Yeah, I know you ripped somebody off in 2008, but what have you done in 2009?" Doesn't that work both ways? People don't just suddenly turn rogue as a previous poster put it. Usually it's a life circumstance that distracts them / interferes with things like hobbies. It's the main reason I quit trading for a long while: life. There are far easier ways to make money than not paying for minis online. I feel that people like Randy wouldn't resort to that, that there has to be a bigger picture here. Then again, I seem to be the only one thinking that.
No offense, but checking your old references, you ahvent traded with him since july of 2008. It has no place now in 2009.

I'm not anymore. He knows I sent the confirmation and picked up that PM and has been ducking ever since.
None taken. You an I have traded before carmachu. It went well. I did see your BTR as well, but felt it bad form to post in both of them. If you check RPLYMILL's refs you'll find the last GTR from me to him in October of 2008, but that's neither here nor there. I can't speak for him or his situation currently as I've been out of the scene for a good while. It just surprised me to come back and find a lot of negative press about a man that I had so many positive experiences with, that's all.

As for the 2008 vs. 2009 comment, please see my remark above about the rating system and it's purpose. Actions, even back in 2006 still have bearing on a person's character. That is why we keep records here, isn't it? :)

I've stated my opinion on the matter, now I'll bow out and let life run its course. I will be watching with interest though. If I'm out of line I'm positive MM or someone else will shut me down. Peace.
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Let me put this another way wolf:

if a bunch of people that got ripped off by Jason Tickor or Drop Zone, and I come along and say "yeah I traded/bought from them before with no problems in teh past before this" does it really matter to teh folks that got ripped off?

He's got a nice long record of good trades, but if he's ripping off folks the last two months, does it really matter?
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Yes it does. You don't know for certain that he is trying to rip you off. He could be hospitalized and have someone checking his account. Or he could be in the armed forces and got deployed without prior notice and has someone checking his PMs because he can't access the site because it is blocked. It happens. Been there, done that.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Ironhide wrote:Yes it does. You don't know for certain that he is trying to rip you off. He could be hospitalized and have someone checking his account. Or he could be in the armed forces and got deployed without prior notice and has someone checking his PMs because he can't access the site because it is blocked. It happens. Been there, done that.

Well considering there is yet ANOTHER BTR up and I just had someone PM that they havent heard from him(I urged him to post a BTR immediately) how about now?
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Yes I do think he still deserves the benefit of the doubt. He was last on the site on SEPT 21, 2009. He stopped answering e-mails after that date. You can go check all three BTRs on him to confirm that if you want. In one of his e-mails to Mark Theurer he said he had lost his internet connection due to construction. So he could have lost his service or possibly his computer got fried. We don't know the cause. However, I am not ruling out that he could have scammed you. However, a user with a ref score of 430 and only 1 negative ref (left by carmachu) and the rest good leads me to believe that he is having technical problems or life problems.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
TSidhe96 ( 52 )
Trade Novice

Post by TSidhe96 »

I'm still, perhaps naively, holding out hope (mainly becasue I want my $48.30). But I find it a little disturbing that Mark Theurer also wrote that a phone number he had for Randy has turned out to be disconnected. And he may or may not be having computer problems or life problems. But the fact remains he has recieved three shipments of figs on record (reported so far, carmachu referenced others who had not yet filed a BTR) that effectively do not belong to him until he has paid for them or shipped his side of the trades. He's GOT to be aware of that. He has addresses for all three of us but as I said, he's got to be aware and if his computer is down, courtesy would dictate he write via snail mail to explain after this much time of not fulfilling his side of the trades. And that hasn't hapened. He's late with his side by weeks now, in my case over a month.

I might try to write him via snail mail myself yet just to cover the bases. If there is no response then I think it is time to file a firm BTR, not just as a potential problem. At that point both Mark and I should really file bad references as well as the one by carmachu so that he starts accumulating red flags on his reference page and others are warned off should he return to Bartertown without resolving the trades.

As I said, I still wish/hope I can get my money from him but with each passing day/week I'm more convinced I've been ripped off and played for a sucker.
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Ironhide wrote:Yes I do think he still deserves the benefit of the doubt. He was last on the site on SEPT 21, 2009. He stopped answering e-mails after that date. You can go check all three BTRs on him to confirm that if you want. In one of his e-mails to Mark Theurer he said he had lost his internet connection due to construction. So he could have lost his service or possibly his computer got fried. We don't know the cause. However, I am not ruling out that he could have scammed you. However, a user with a ref score of 430 and only 1 negative ref (left by carmachu) and the rest good leads me to believe that he is having technical problems or life problems.

Lost his internet connection and yet managed to log on by the 21st, so he still could have gotten it. I know he logged on the 17th and got the confirmation I sent, so its no excuse why he hasnt shipped.

Thats all they are, excuses. His wife will send them out, he lost his internet connection, my dog ate the addresses, blah blah blah.

The only technical problems I see from here is him walking away from batertown with a bunch of people's stuff. Its funny how I keep getting unsoliciated problems left in his wake from various folks.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”