BTR - I Molotov I, Bad Trader - Resolved by I Molotov I

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

darkreed ( 108 )
BTown Regular

BTR - I Molotov I, Bad Trader - Resolved by I Molotov I

Post by darkreed »

Here is the list of PM's back and forth. I haven't heard from him since Sept 17th. We had agreed on a trade, which I've shown below, and I shipped, which he comments on below as well. He asked on the 17th about shipping yes/no. and I replied with a yes. Just follow the emails below. Thats about 400.00 dollars gone. I hope that there is some reasonable cause for all of this. I've waited longer then a vacation and when I look at his profile, it says his "last visit" was Monday at 9:21PM. That means he is on here, just not responding. So, I molotov I , please respond with what is going on. I'm very reasonable. If you need more time, whatever, just let me know. Silence is not good. Lets get this resolved so that this post can go away and your three year history as a good trader can be maintained.

Here is the email where he says he got my package. Also the last time I've heard from him.

Re: Skorne and Trolls
Sent: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:03 pm
To: darkreed

Yeh I got the package, everything was perfect. I was extremely pleased!

Now, did you want Alten or something to compensate for the missing pygs or just ship out?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is the rest of the history. The last few emails I've sent have not been read as far as I can tell. They are still in my outgoing mail box. I've always thought that they stayed there until the other person read them.

Sent: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:15 pm
by darkreed

Hey, what is going on? It has been almost a week since I've said just send them. Is something wrong? Please let me know. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm getting screwed. Here is my address again in case you need it.

Mike Reed
2950 Tiffany Dr.
Lititz, PA 17543

Sent: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 am
by darkreed

Just ship it out. 2 Pygs are not going to hurt me.

Quote I Molotov I Re: Skorne and Trolls
Sent: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:03 pm
by I Molotov I

Yeh I got the package, everything was perfect. I was extremely pleased!

Now, did you want Alten or something to compensate for the missing pygs or just ship out?

Sent: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:19 pm
by darkreed

Hey, I was wondering if my package made it to you. Did everything make it OK. I tried to package as well as I could, but Skorne really suck to pack with all their pointy little standards and pieces. Just wondering.Thanks again

Mike

Delivered, September 10, 2009, 1:54 pm, TUCSON, AZ 85730
Arrival at Post Office, September 10, 2009, 4:03 am, TUCSON, AZ 85710
Processed through Sort Facility, September 10, 2009, 3:31 am, TUCSON, AZ 85726
Processed through Sort Facility, September 09, 2009, 1:19 am, SWEDESBORO, NJ 08085
Acceptance, September 08, 2009, 4:09 pm, LANCASTER, PA 17601
Sent: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:33 am
by darkreed

I dont have an Earthborne Dire troll. I do have a question. What are the Scats you mentioned. Is that short for scatter gunners. They were not on the list. I'm not to worried about the bushwacker unit only be 6 instead on 8, but the warrior unit, is that a Kreil Warrior unit, or a scatter gunner unit. One, the Kreils, are great, the scatter gunners are only good for paper weights. This was the list you sent me. I assumed warriors were the kreil warriors, and they have a standard and the scatter gunners don't. Let me know what you got. I'm also looking for a unit of longriders cavalery guys.
Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Mike
Based on retail pricing:

11.99 Grim
27.99 Borka
16.99 Pyre
59.99 Mulg
17.99 Hero
47.99+15.99+15.99 10 Warriors
18.99 Warrior Standard
12.99 Caber
27.99+8.99 8 Bushwackers
44.99 Champs
16.99 Stone Scribe Elder
39.99 Horthol

Sent: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:11 pm
by I Molotov I

Uhm...so apparently the Pygs and the Scats are a min unit. I apologize again, I havn't used them in ages and know I had more but they seem to be AWOL. We can revert the trade, which is the last thing I want to do, trust me, or I can add more for ya. Due to the inconvenience I will throw in something in your favor. Beast perhaps? Earthborn or Rorsh and Brine possibly? Let me know what sounds good to you and I will ship ASAP, the rest is waiting in the box.

Also, I have tons of WM if there is something else you are needing.
Sent: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:39 am
by darkreed

Thats OK, I'm in no rush. I was just checking.

Sent: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:45 pm
by I Molotov I

Sorry man. My check was short my bonus. I got that sorted out, I am going tomorrow. Would you like something thrown in? Perhaps a fellcaller?
Sent: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 am
by darkreed

Just checking to see if you got the package shipped off or not.

Sent: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:06 am
by I Molotov I

Hopefully tomorrow. You followed thru quicker than I am use to anyone on here and I am buried in work right now, lol. But if not tomorrow then Wed for sure.

Thanks again!
Sent: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:54 pm
by darkreed

Your package was shipped today. Your delivery confirmation and tracking number is 03082040000228143603

When were you planning on shipping your end of the deal? Just wondering. Thanks again.

Mike
Sent: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 pm
by darkreed

You probably need my address as well

Mike Reed
2950 Tiffany Dr.
Lititz, PA 17543
Sent: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:06 am
by I Molotov I

Jacob Davis
7044 E Typhoon Flyer Way
Tucson, AZ 85730
Sent: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 pm
by darkreed

I searched hi and low, but no luck. I only have 9. I'll find something. Maybe the other Ancestral Guardian. Those Immortals really benefit from having them on the board. I'm packing things up tonight and wil ship tomorrow. Thanks again.

Mike
Sent: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 am
by I Molotov I

Let me know if you have the 10th, otherwise throw in whatever works.
Sent: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:15 am
by darkreed

I think that sounds good. I have to check but I think that I may have only 9 venators instead of 10. Let me know if I can throw something else into the mix. Even a buck or two. Let me know what you think. Thanks again.

Mike
Sent: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:41 am
by I Molotov I

Based on retail pricing:

11.99 Grim
27.99 Borka
16.99 Pyre
59.99 Mulg
17.99 Hero
47.99+15.99+15.99 10 Warriors
18.99 Warrior Standard
12.99 Caber
27.99+8.99 8 Bushwackers
44.99 Champs
16.99 Stone Scribe Elder
39.99 Horthol

Fore

37.99 Cannoneer
21.99 Brute
44.99 Rhinodon
16.99 Krea
34.99+11.99+11.99 10 Preatorians
17.99 Preat Standard and officer
32.99+10.99+10.99 10 Venators
49.99+16.99 8 Karax
36.99+12.99 8 Immortals
11.99 Ancestral Guardian
19.99 Xerxis
11.99 Hexeris
________

Let me know what you think.
Sent: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:31 pm
by darkreed

I'm interested in the following models. I won't be able to get to a computer until Monday again after today. I can try and check early if I can. I did sell a few of the Skorne models. The agonizer, cetrati, void spirit, catapult.

Grim Angus
Borka Kegslayer (replacement mace arm in the mail)
o Pyg Keg Carrier
Pyre Troll
Mulg The Ancient (Painted)
Trollkin Hero (Painted)
Kriel Warriors [10] (4 added)
o Kriel Warrior Standard & Piper [2]
o Kriel Warrior Caber Thrower [1]
Pyg Bushwackers [8] (2 added)
Trollkin Champions [5]
Stone Scribe Elder [1]
Horthol, Long Rider Champion

Let me know. Thanks.
Quote I Molotov I Skorne and Trolls
Sent: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:09 am
by I Molotov I

Hello, just seeing what all you were interested in Troll wise. I am looking at most all non starter box Skorne. Here's my stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=93972
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: I Molotov I, Bad Trader, stole 400.00 worth minis

Post by reegsk »

Which messages are still in your Outgoing Mail? You're right, they stay there until they're opened and read (which is a nice little feature, I might add).

I do have to say, though, that you should always get a definite setup of who will ship and when. You have the higher rating, so, personally, I would have waited and had him ship first, or at least ship and send a DC # until I shipped myself. It is a little odd, though, that he changes exactly what he has on hand and is going to send you several times.
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular

Post by Maelx »

If this is the same guy from the privateer press forums i'll try to contact him and see what he says.
Traded Minis with me? You just might see them on GK Workbench
I Molotov I ( 18 )
BTown Regular

Post by I Molotov I »

Everything will be taken care of ASAP, and you will be compensated more than you might expect. Basically, due to some family, money, and domestic issues of those sorts I had to leave AZ abruptly, and am now back in MI with my parents for a while. Not the best of situations but this will be resolved, guaranteed.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Thank you for posting in the thread.

To assure them that you are doing your best, please follow these suggestions:

1) Begin no new trades until this is taken care of.
2) Stay in contact via PM and/or email. Daily or every other is best. Even if you're just popping in to say "no update." They'll know you're still there.
3) Provide the OP with a working phone # where you can be reached.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
darkreed ( 108 )
BTown Regular

Post by darkreed »

Well, It's now Oct 20th, and I still have not recieved any response from email I sent. Nothing. I thought that his response on this post ment he want things resolved. Not even a email with an update, anything. Here to wishing something happens.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Try to contact him one more time. Give him a short time to contact you- like 3 days. Then give him a negative. Post your messages here.
darkreed ( 108 )
BTown Regular

Post by darkreed »

Multiple attempts have failed. I guess I'm out 400 dollars. Great. Merry Christmas to me. So sad that people feel the need to steal and hurt other people. By the way, I'm pretty sure that this guys name is not Jacob Davis of Typhoon Flyer Way is Tucson AZ. I did some research and the guy whom owns that house has a name I can't spell if I tried. I'd guess that he is back on Bartertown by now with a new name/"alias". Be careful everyone. I still think I'm going to contact a lawyer in AZ and try to go after this guy. It is very easy under AZ law to file suit against someone. Since the post office was used and across state lines, this becomes a federal felony suit. I should be able to track this guy down since I have all the info about the person who bought that address's home in January and that it is most likely "Jacob", or someone that knows him and will talk when the police show up to serve a subpoena. Or, maybe he'll read this and return my models or send me what he owes me. Maybe it can still be a good Christmas after all. I'm not holding my breath though. Just be careful everyone. Good luck.

Mike
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

I Molotov I wrote:Everything will be taken care of ASAP, and you will be compensated more than you might expect. Basically, due to some family, money, and domestic issues of those sorts I had to leave AZ abruptly, and am now back in MI with my parents for a while. Not the best of situations but this will be resolved, guaranteed.
He's no longer in AZ. You may need to find him in MI.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Indeed. If you'd like, I can also try to work the Press Ganger angle. If nothing else, bringing his "indiscretion" to QM Jack's attention might get him booted from the Press Gang.

Let me know what you'd like me to do.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

OP has been PMed the email address he registered here with and the IP address for I Molotov I's above post.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
darkreed ( 108 )
BTown Regular

Post by darkreed »

Hello,

Thanks for all the help so far. If anyone can try and locate him, that would be helpful. Try the PP board, press ganger, anyone that knows Jacob Davis, etc. Please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Mike
Dagna ( 284 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Dagna »

Follow with me here just for a second.

I just traded with Mutton.

The trade came to the bad trader forums here because I hadn't received my package after 3 weeks.

Mutton said that he was trading for his friend. His friend was Jacob Davis: diretrolljake@gmail.com.

This can't be a coincidence. This is probably the same Jacob Davis.

My trade ended up working out in the end. I will try and find the box that Jacob shipped me and see what address was on it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Dagna wrote:Follow with me here just for a second.

I just traded with Mutton.

The trade came to the bad trader forums here because I hadn't received my package after 3 weeks.

Mutton said that he was trading for his friend. His friend was Jacob Davis: diretrolljake@gmail.com.

This can't be a coincidence. This is probably the same Jacob Davis.

My trade ended up working out in the end. I will try and find the box that Jacob shipped me and see what address was on it.
That is the email address that I Molotov I used to join the site with.
You're right. It, literally, canNOT be a coincidence. Even if the ORIGINAL Jacob Davis were to abandon the email address, gmail would not let it be used by anyone else. Email addresses are not recyclable.

PMing Mutton.

Eric

Mutton ( 22 )
New Trader

Post by Mutton »

He still uses that email; I'm contacting him right now, and I'll try and get your money or stuff back.
-Kevin Starr

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”