BTR shadowhawk4: James Ware - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

demonllamma ( 18 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: Incomplete Trade - shadowhawk4

Post by demonllamma »

JohnHwangBT wrote:I believe in tracking. If you give me an address, and the USPS says they delivered to that address, then the goods are delivered and I'm done.

However, if you give an non-secure address (e.g. office / dorm / apartment mailroom), then at that point, it's on you. If there is a problem, I will help you with the tracking up to the point it passes out of USPS control. But once it goes into *your* system, I (and the USPS) have *NO* responsibility because we have no control. That is, if the USPS delivers it, and your neighbor steals / destroys it, that's not our problem.

To date, in lieu of insurance, I pack *very* carefully and sturdily, and let that be the end of it. Most of my trades are small, and USPS failure rate is low, so it just doesn't make sense for me to do this.
Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see this one.

There was never any tracking Info provided. You are right in stating that, if one party has a tracking/delivery confirmation number that says a package has been delivered then indeed, your job is done. However, if it does disappear, or no tracking number is provided, you are still responsible for delivering the other party their goods. Once you can prove that you have delivered (literally in this case) on your end of the deal, you are absolved of any responsibility.

As far as small trades (I would consider ~$35 in the small range) paying extra for insurance is not necessary, but on anything above $50 or so (personally), I would pay the extra dollar or two to insure it, because an infrequent failure rate is still a failure rate and I'd personally rather not be out all that money. That is part of the reason I use UPS (It is also closer to my house). I tend to trade only larger lots of stuff ($200+) so it is a lot more worth it for me to insure it.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Wow. Even a neutral is extremely generous. He put you through alot of trouble to get your stuff. Then acts like he's doing you a favor.
I had a deal where the guy was sending late. I wasnt upset,I just wanted to know when it was actually being sent. I sent 3 emails(about 2 days between each),because I wasnt getting any answer. He said I was harrassing him & threatened a negative simply because I wanted to know if he shipped. :roll:
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

demonllamma wrote:
JohnHwangBT wrote:I believe in tracking. If you give me an address, and the USPS says they delivered to that address, then the goods are delivered and I'm done.
There was never any tracking Info provided. You are right in stating that, if one party has a tracking/delivery confirmation number that says a package has been delivered then indeed, your job is done.

As far as small trades (I would consider ~$35 in the small range) paying extra for insurance is not necessary, ... I tend to trade only larger lots of stuff ($200+) so it is a lot more worth it for me to insure it.
Exactly. If someone simply says that they shipped, but don't give tracking number, that's not good. Tracking is 3rd party proof. Tracking doesn't prove that the contents are complete or correct, but it does show how much weight was shipped at a given time, and when it got to where it was requested.

I think I only had one trade large enough to warrant insurance, but if you're regularly trading $100+, yeah, insurance makes complete sense. Tho to me, that seems like a lot of churn... ;)
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm with everyone else in that a negative DOES sound appropriate.

Since the issue at hand is resolved, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread and change the title to show resolution.

If anyone wants to carry on with the "When does your responsibility end?" discussion (without referencing shadowhawk4), feel free to start a new thread in the "Misc Messages" forum (or restart one of the existing ones).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”