Hate to burn a guy, but... Groo The Wanderer

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Hate to burn a guy, but... Groo The Wanderer

Post by ancientsociety »

iron warrior lord wrote:Hiya people

just to play devils advocate, what will you do when/if the parcel arrives?
Well, speaking theoretically, igenstitch can make a note of it here and it's up to him and the mods whether the neg ref will get changed. Technically, whether or not his side of the deal arrives, Groo still did not live up to his end of the deal and it wasn't a good experience for igenstitch so the neg can stay.

Highly unlikely at this point but.....
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
iron warrior lord ( 16 )
Trade Novice

Post by iron warrior lord »

hiya again

but within a system that relies on lets face it honesty and good faith, daily trouble like poor mail service and other real life obligations do play apart. I have a trade that has been an ongoing trouble for 4-5 months I've mentioned it to mods and the trader is still allowed to trade dispite having 5 of my rhino chasis and other models. I just think coming down on groo may be a little early and if the other guy gets his stuff he should the retract it all.. otherwise whats to stop me starting a report on someone if an item does not arrive when I think it should, not when it realistically can reach me. my 2 cents thanks
igenstilch ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by igenstilch »

if the items arrive, i will post the news of it on this forum, and my only negative for Groo will be the 3 month delay in there arrival.
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ancientsociety »

iron warrior lord wrote:hiya again

but within a system that relies on lets face it honesty and good faith, daily trouble like poor mail service and other real life obligations do play apart. I have a trade that has been an ongoing trouble for 4-5 months I've mentioned it to mods and the trader is still allowed to trade dispite having 5 of my rhino chasis and other models. I just think coming down on groo may be a little early and if the other guy gets his stuff he should the retract it all.. otherwise whats to stop me starting a report on someone if an item does not arrive when I think it should, not when it realistically can reach me. my 2 cents thanks
While I can't speak to your exact situation because I don't know the particulars (have you posted a BTR anywhere? 4-5 months of waiting deserves a BTR, at the very least. Mentioning it to the mods is helpful but ultimately it's not enough as the community has no way to know this other trader is potentially a bad apple), in this case, igenstitch has asked for proof of shipment (customs form, tracking #, heck even a receipt) and has rec'd nothing. Groo has a history of not providing proof of shipping in the past and nondelivery of his half of trades. Igenstitch has already given him the benefit of the doubt and several experienced traders have already pointed out the discrepancies in Groo's side of the story and the consensus that he deserves a neg ref.
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
iron warrior lord ( 16 )
Trade Novice

Post by iron warrior lord »

Hey all
sorry i guess youve got a good point, just want to give everyone a little hope that theres gonna be some good news at the end of this and im sorry if i caused any offense i really didnt want to, i can understand both sides of this trade and my bad trade should not be used against any of this and im sorry for bringing it up, ( but it is true 4 - 5 months so i will get it sorted in my own time thanks for any advise ), i hope your items arrive and im sure groo will try his best to get something sorted
sorry again phil
igenstilch ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by igenstilch »

It has been 40 days from the day in which the items were said to have been shipped. Items have not arrived, and no documentation has been provided.
igenstilch ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by igenstilch »

THE ITEMS HAVE ARRIVED! They arrived at my previous address. The box looking roughly like a soccer ball, which is not Groo's fault. Though now I'm a little pissed at the various shipping services this box went through. My friend there inspected the models and every thing seems to be accounted for. In total its been a 108 days since the start of this deal.

Groo The Wanderer has fulfilled his part of the deal, I hold no issue against him!

If the admins can change the title of the topic to successfully resolved (or something along those lines), I would appreciate it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Before we mark this as closed and lock the thread, can you please tell us what the POSTING DATE on the package was?
Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
igenstilch ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by igenstilch »

Once the items arrive to my current address, Ill post the information.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Just a point of fact from the not-quite-dead admin.

Please note that there is nothing confidential about name and address information. It's all a matter of public record, so slapping a 'confidential' label onto it will make people laugh at you. There is no inherent assumption that your trade partner - especially someone who you've really screwed over - will not post your information. Hell, there's no assumption that someone won't post your info for a GOOD trade either!

It's really just politeness and etiquette that keeps people from plastering address information on the web. Address information is how we catch scammers, so claiming violation of privacy will have to entail your proving malicious intent or some other form of malfeasance.

Remember, trade karma always catches up to you in the end. Be good to your trade partner and they'll be good to you.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
igenstilch ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by igenstilch »

The items have finally arrived, my friend was a little slow to ship them. From the forms I found, the only shipping date provided is hand written (there is no date stamped on), July 7, this is the same day Groo told me the items had finally been shipped, making it 47 days to arrive (in the email he sent me, 7-10 days was the assumed arrival time). The parcel stamp number is Parcel Force World Wide "CP610408820BG", I have been unable to obtain dates and times for this parcels movements.
Groo The Wanderer ( 34 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Groo The Wanderer »

Hi there

Glad the parcel finally arrived. As I have had 2 or 3 items from the states since I posted that over (Some magnets even arrived today from Santa Monica, CA!), I can assume that Parcel Force might have dropped the ball on this one. As once it went, I was unable to get any satisfactory information other than what I passed on (the expected delivery time, etc).

I feel bad that you had to wait for the parcel (Been there, done that), but hope this draws a line under the whole episode...

thanks
Complete 110 Terminator Deathwing Company
Ravenwing 6 Full Attack Squadrons, 3 full Support Squadrons
3 LRC Armoured Spearhead,
3 Vindicator Linebreaker Squadron,
4 Whirlwind Suppression Force,
5 Dreadnought Ancients Assault Force
2 Scibor Dark Angel Sculpts

Not to be confused with The Mendicant my son
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Hate to burn a guy, but... Groo The Wanderer - RESOLVED

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sounds resolved to me.

igenstilch, PM me or another Watchman or Mod or Admin of you need this reopened for any reason.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”