BTR: MAX MARTINEZ aka PLAGUECENSOR - Resolved by refund

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Rocco Pella ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Rocco Pella »

Deleted by user - no longer valid to argument.
Last edited by Rocco Pella on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

gfjtfyj

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, rocco. I don't know about the canceled email address part. It sure sounds possible.

I DO know about this, though:
also it could be that the card in question was over limit at the time of the transaction and Paypal is having trouble getting the transfer from the bank.
If you use a credit card to pay someone, PayPal authorizes that amount from the credit card issuer before allowing the payment to go through. Think of it as a purchase in a store. The store wouldn't let you leave with merchandise if there was a chance that the card would be discovered a week later to have been "over limits" and that they aren't going to get their money.
...and, where Bank Transfers are concered, PayPal will not make a payment with funds from your bank account until you have first transfered them to your PayPal account.
The exception is called, I think, an "e-check." With one of those, though, PayPal tells you that the money is coming via e-check and that it's not guaranteed until the funds clear the bank, etc.
At least, they USED to have something like that. I haven't looked to see if they still do.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

Update.

As of yesterday, the hold that Paypal put on my account had been removed. I got my money back.

Max, or whomever is using TheVorpalOne's email address updated me everyday that this was an issue, as I requested.

So, hopefully, this is the last I will have to comment on this event. Hopefully everyone else who had this problem has gotten it taken care of.
Rocco Pella ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: gfjtfyj

Post by Rocco Pella »

Deleted by User Off Topic.
Last edited by Rocco Pella on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

dfgdfg

its called credit is not a single database as many think.. its multiple. but there are 3 Main credit bureaus and if lets say walmart uses 1 bureau to do credit checks and paypal another one.. the limits will not update for a day or so. so one bureau wont know that there was a purchase on the card as that transaction was done through another bureau.
that is 100% INcorrect.
Man. I'm in banking. I've dealt with credit cards and credit products for years.
Trans Union, Equifax, etc. only REPORT your credit.
They know who you have credit accounts (Credit cards, loans, etc) with and the status of those loans (paid, late, charged off, etc). Based on your histories with those credit products, you are assigned a Credit Score.
Your Credit Score and the information on your credit accounts are ALL that those people deal with.

When you charge something, the store (Wal-Mart, as you said) runs the card through their system. Depending on what kind of a card you use (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, AmEx, Diners Club, etc), the credit payment request is routed BY THE COMPUTER SYSTEM to the appropriate network (by card type -- Visa's go through the Visa network, MC through the MC netowrk, etc) to the card issuer issuer.
The computer system from your card issuer - wherever you got your card (US Bank, Bank of America, MBNA, Capital One [What's in YOUR wallet?], etc) then receives the request for payment. Based on your available credit and whether or not your card is closed, reported stolen, charged off, etc, the issuer (bank, etc) then APPROVES or DENIES payment.
All this happens in the relative blink of an eye (ish).
The various credit reporting agencies do NOT approve, deny or otherwise have ANYTHING to do with what is charged to your card.

Where the HECK did you come up with THAT load?

There is NO way I believe that you worked in a collection agency... or, not for long, anyway. If you knew even the BASICS of credit approval (goes through credit reporting agencies mentioned above) versus charge approval (goes through the credit issuer) you'd have already known that what you said was amazingly inaccurate.

Attempting to pass off what you just tried, regardless of YOUR part in all of this, makes me question your integrity that much more.
Either you are trying to make people think more of you than is true, or you are trying to deliberately mislead people, or you are not intelligent enough to know what is true or not.
Regardless which, there is NO WAY I hold any trust with you now.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Rocco Pella ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: dfgdfg

Post by Rocco Pella »

moved by user to Private message system (off topic)
Last edited by Rocco Pella on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I believe that this part of the topic should be split off and moved to another more approprate location or simply deleted. As to my knowledge neither my nor MagicalMemories posts of late hold any bearing on the original post and due to paypal fixing their end they are no longer valid.
Yeah, like private messages?
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
Rocco Pella ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Rocco Pella »

you know great idea! Thanks Sid.. I always forget that you can do that in PHPbb
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

;lm;

Well, I stand firm in my belief that my responses to Rocco Pella were ON topic, as I pointed out flaws and inconsistencies in things he said that, I FELT, may have been said to gather false trust.
My replies were, I feel, on topic, as they related to things said & done by someone admitting to be working here on behalf of a known scammer.

(By "on behalf" I mean, communicating in his stead, gathering information to allow monies owed to be repaid, etc. -I am implying nothing. If I was going to imply it, I would just say it)

That being said, I state openly that I will not reply in any inappropriate way to any comments by anyone that do not ring of inconsistencies or falsehoods. This includes Rocco Pella.

I stated in PM to Rocco Pella that I had no desire to continue a private debate with him, essentially, because my reasons were in the PUBLIC interest. As I was not harmed by the scamming directly, they were, obviously, not done in my own interest.
I apologize if anyone felt it got off topic. I did not feel that way, at all.

Beunas Noches.

Eric

NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

You are just a mean and evil man! Bad mod! Bad! *swats you with rolled up newspaper*

:twisted:
Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

Lesson learned. DO NOT speak on someone else's behalf UNLESS you can back it up.

Also, Deputy Pants, whose the mod you are swatting?
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

sdfgsdfg

NuWishA:
You are just a mean and evil man!
Well, yeah. And?
BTW... you forgot "Fat."
LOL
*swats you with rolled up newspaper*
Okay. Now you are just trying to get on my good side.

Morlock:
Also, Deputy Pants, whose the mod you are swatting?
I think maybe he was swatting himself. That would explain a lot. Yes? '''probably has a special room for it and everything... lined in denim.

Eric

Fr0 ( 2 )
BTown Regular

Post by Fr0 »

Ok, perhaps it's just me but it seems that Max and Rocco are the same person.

At best, this whole situation is completely sketchy.

The guy obviously claimed his Paypal account was hijacked. He could scam the money from other people's accounts, but would go into his accounts, or it would show that they came from different accounts.

MagickalMemories, you are correct about bureaus. I too have worked with credit agencies, within my firm for about 3 years.

FYI for those who are not aware, it all happens very fast. There are several bureaus here in Canada; Trans Union, and Equifax are the two top companies. What happens is lets say you have a credit card, and a limit of $500.00. This will show up that you have it on your credit report; credit limit, current(at the time of report request) balance, and payment timeline.. how long you have been current etc. The company that is requesting your credit report accesses one of these major companies, and determines their decision based on a number of things, which is mainly your credit score. Don't argue with me, I have a credit report of my own right here. I do it four times a year.

Anyways, I hope you all get what you paid for and the funds thaw in your Paypal account. By the way, please log in to your account (NOT by clicking on a link in the email) and ensure this is accurate. It's possible he generated a phony email message.

Fr0
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

:o HOW DID YOU SEE THE SPECIAL ROOM!

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”