BTR Siegebeast2142 CJ Hooker - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: BTR Siegebeast2142 CJ Hooker

Post by squirrelowar »

Re: space marine bikes
Sent: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:43 pm
by Siegebeast2142

So... It looks like we are both in the right to post a neg ref on each other. That -10 ref hit hurts you more than me. It puts you in the negatives. I'd be fine calling the trade even, keeping the models we have, and neither of us posting any feedback for each other.

You come out ahead by not having a btr and keeping the +refs you have, and I eat a btr, and hope anyone willing to trade with me reads through all three pages.
So it's subtle but this message definitely feels like he is attempting to intimidate me into keeping the trade as is by threatening to post a neg ref. Pretty sure this sort of thing is also against the rules.

In my opinion CJ conducted a shady trade and he knew he was being misleading and is now unwilling to cancel the trade because he has dumped useless models and came out way ahead.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

squirrelowar wrote:So it's subtle but this message definitely feels like he is attempting to intimidate me into keeping the trade as is by threatening to post a neg ref. Pretty sure this sort of thing is also against the rules.

In my opinion CJ conducted a shady trade and he knew he was being misleading and is now unwilling to cancel the trade because he has dumped useless models and came out way ahead.
I believe that you raised the negref first, in the thread.

I suggest that you both agree to return to sender, and both agree that no one gets a negref.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

The models obviously aren't useless or you wouldn't have traded for them. You already came out ahead in the trade by double charging me for the command squad bikes... Once as regular bikers and once as a command squad box.

There was no threat in what I said, only me being more considerate of your reputation than you have mine.
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote: I suggest that you both agree to return to sender, and both agree that no one gets a negref.
This is what I have offered via pm but as of yet have been refused.
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

Sent: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:01 pm
To: squirrelowar

No. If you and me any packages, I'll refuse to accept them, and they will be returned to you.

I am not okay with cancelling this trade because you can't figure out how to properly place models on a base.
Sorrow, how do I proceed at this point?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Siegebeast,

Are you absolutely unwilling to reset to zero here, no negrefs for either side, just a slightly messy BTR and some bruised feelings?
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

I am. We both got what the other person described. Any minor problems with model counts/missing models have already been addressed and resolved satisfactorily by both of us. The only thing now is the war lord to storm vermin conversion, where even in this thread, he's admitted to knowing what he was getting. There is no reason to go back on our words and ship models back. This is the worst case of traders remorse I've seen in the years I've been trading... And there is no insurance for traders remorse.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

Though, to be completley honest,

Sent: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:52 pm
by Siegebeast2142

No. Because if it goes to us both shipping back, I'm not paying to ship your stuff back... The mod even said on page two of the btr that you SHOULD pay both shippings. I'd then exercise my right to leave neg feedback.

Sent: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:58 pm
by squirrelowar

He also then said he suggested that we pay our own. He also said that returning the models entitles you no zero negative feedback. He also said he didn't feel I had a claim to one. Hence the offer to return models and call it a wash.

I will not pay for both, I will pay for mine, and you can pay for yours. You will get what you sent back in the condition it arrived and I expect the same.

I offered to let him pay shipping for both and return the models, but he refused.

To reiterate, I'm no longer interested in us returning our models. Offering to let him pay shipping both ways was an attempt to see how serious he was about getting the bikes back. Had he agreed, I'd have honored it and shipped his bikes back at his expense.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Siegebeast2142 wrote:I am.
And so you're prepared to soak a negref, on top of the BTR?

Because it seems to me that, as I take another read through, that you muddied the waters quite considerably by stating that "no conversion was necessary".

Not that this puts you firmly in the wrong; I think that Squirrelofwar had the necessary information to conduct this trade.

But I do think you've both made a few errors here and there.

I suggest that you both take a few hours and think about the situation.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

If that what it takes to keep this deal square. I'd rather eat the -10ref than $150 to call this a "fair" trade ONTOP of the $50 I already sent him so he could buy a storm vermin box.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Siegebeast2142 wrote:If that what it takes to keep this deal square. I'd rather eat the -10ref than $150 to call this a "fair" trade ONTOP of the $50 I already sent him so he could buy a storm vermin box.
Obviously, he would refund you the money.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

I never asked you to cover $150. I suggested 2 boxes of stormvermin, $90, or a suitable replacement. The $50 in our deal was to buy one of the big kits, ex. Hellpit abom, screaming bell. Never the less, the only thing you are being asked to do at this point is to send my models back, and you will get yours back(along with the $50). Instead you would rather stick to a muddled trade because you came out ahead.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

I'd expect him to, yes. But, you said it yourself, he had all the necessary information to conduct the trade.

He conducted the trade, got traders remorse, tried gouging me for more money, and when he refused, he filed a false btr to try and force me to agree to cancel our trade.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

Then get yourself ahead and sell those war lords on eBay at $10 each and make $500.
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

I offered you plenty of opportunity to try and work this out through a pm, your response was "good luck with the warlords." So my only option was to come here. I never suggested cancelling the trade until it was advised by sorrow. You keep saying it's traders remorse to trivialize the issues and you refuse to acknowledge that you did anything wrong in the traded even though it has been pointed out to you that you "muddied the waters."

It has been pointed out that we both made mistakes in the trade. The thing that makes sense is to cancel it and move on.

Sorrow,
Assuming CJ continues to refuse an agreeable outcome, what are my options moving forward? Is it just leave neg feed and I'm just stuck?

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”