BTR Siegebeast2142 CJ Hooker - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR Siegebeast2142 CJ Hooker

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

The only option you came up with was send me more money, which is seeming like was your plan to do the entire time through this trade... You get the models, don't even try assembling them or making them work, then demand more money.
Ollieb ( 86 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ollieb »

Siegebeast, If the OP were to assemble the models and is still not able to rank them would you be willing to take them back or would you then tell him you sent models on the sprue and since they are no longer in that condition you won't allow a return?
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

Ollieb, that's sort of the point for him. He wants the trade to stand as is, so he is suggesting actions that would give him ground to refuse cancelling the trade. As it stands he thinks he is in the clear, but this isn't over yet. I am just awaiting the mods/admin to weigh back in after their deliberations.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

I'd like to point out a message that shows he knew he'd have to remodel the war lords.

Re: space marine bikes
Sent: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
by squirrelowar

This is a warp grinder team: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ska ... eapon-Team
The model you are talking about is one of the IoB handlers, 2 giant rats, and a night goblin glued to a base. Like I said those aren't huge issues, mistakes can happen and I'm fine calling it a wash.

Here is what you said about the warlord/stormvermin:

Sent: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:45 pm
by Siegebeast2142

I'm going through and getting pictures now. The warlords don't need any converting to be storm vermin, both are armed w/halbreds and hand weapons.

As I'm taking pictures and counting models, I thought of a way we might be able to comprimise on the clan rats worth... You value them a buck a piece, and me at a buck and a quarter. Would you be willing to call it a buck and a dime each?

I can see the weapon comment but you clearly said they don't need any converting to be stormvermin. I don't have the modeling ability to repose them , as far as I can tell that would be a major green stuff task. Also high/low bases won't do anything to make them rank up. The arms stick straight out to the side and still block each other from getting base to base. I'm not suggesting that you reimburse $142 in models but we definitely need to figure something out here. We traded $142 worth of counts as stormvermin that don't work as stormvermin.

------end of quote------

He knew when agreeing to the trade that he was going to have to remodel.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Siegebeast2142 wrote:I'd like to point out a message that shows he knew he'd have to remodel the war lords.

Sent: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm
by squirrelowar

This is a warp grinder team: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ska ... eapon-Team
The model you are talking about is one of the IoB handlers, 2 giant rats, and a night goblin glued to a base. Like I said those aren't huge issues, mistakes can happen and I'm fine calling it a wash.

by Siegebeast2142

I'm going through and getting pictures now. The warlords don't need any converting to be storm vermin, both are armed w/halbreds and hand weapons.

As I'm taking pictures and counting models, I thought of a way we might be able to comprimise on the clan rats worth... You value them a buck a piece, and me at a buck and a quarter. Would you be willing to call it a buck and a dime each?

I can see the weapon comment but you clearly said they don't need any converting to be stormvermin. I don't have the modeling ability to repose them , as far as I can tell that would be a major green stuff task. Also high/low bases won't do anything to make them rank up. The arms stick straight out to the side and still block each other from getting base to base. I'm not suggesting that you reimburse $142 in models but we definitely need to figure something out here. We traded $142 worth of counts as stormvermin that don't work as stormvermin.

------end of quote------

He knew when agreeing to the trade that he was going to have to remodel.

Please employ the QUOTE tag correctly. The above is not a useful addition to the conversation as formatted.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

Sent: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:11 pm
To: squirrelowar

I only said they don't need any conversions because they have the right weapons. All you need is some reposing, or alternating high base/low base to be able to rank and file them. Sorry about confusing the plague priest/grey seer.

There is a long skinny base in there that I thought to be a warp grinder team, but I might have been mistaken about what that model was, too. If I remember correctly, the model in front has some sort of trident/Bident looking thing. What is it if it isn't a warp grinder?
Sent: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 pm
To: Siegebeast2142

by Siegebeast2142

I can see the weapon comment but you clearly said they don't need any converting to be stormvermin. I don't have the modeling ability to repose them, as far as I can tell that would be a major green stuff task. Also high/low bases won't do anything to make them rank up. The arms stick straight out to the side and still block each other from getting base to base. I'm not suggesting that you reimburse $142 in models but we definitely need to figure something out here. We traded $142 worth of counts as stormvermin that don't work as stormvermin
Here is what you are trying to reference, it is clear I was responding to the message you sent me about reposing. This can plainly be seen in the OP when I posted all the messages.
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

Also note that the first time any mention of the need to repose the warlords was made after I got them and complained. When you offered them up as trade to count as stormvermin you should have mentioned that they would need to be reposed in order to stand in as stormvermin. That is relevant information about the model you are offering.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

I said convert many times as pointed out earlier in the thread.

I never said rank and file, you just assumed they could. You also never said your bikes were playable as is, I just assumed they were. Square cav bases from fantasy are not the proper bike bases for 40k and neither is no base. Should I be filing a btr in you for that? Leaving a neg ref? Would that make sense?

The attached file shows a biker on the correct base at the left side of the photo and then all the wrong/no base models.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

That's $182 worth of unplayable models unless I do something to them. That's worse than $150 of warlords that you supposedly didn't know you'd have repose. I didn't know I'd have to base/rebase $182 worth of bikes. Is it worth calling square now?
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

In order to produce a satisfactory result from this trade, I am prepared to return:

1. 5 bikes, built up with a command squad box valued at approximately $66 + $35
2. 1 rhino valued at approximately $37.25

I would ask that you pay shipping of $13.00 for a Medium Flat Rate box, which includes $50 insurance. Insuring it for $150 would cost another $3.30.

You can PayPal me in advance at an address I will provide by PM if you agree.

You may keep the Skaven Warlords.

I will not post a negref.

Do you accept my offer?
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

I gratefully accept your offer.

Thank you for seeing my side in this. I will process payment shortly; please advise me of your receipt thereof.

On receipt of the models mentioned, in as-sent condition, I will happily leave you a posref.

Thanks!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Siegebeast2142 wrote:Square cav bases from fantasy are not the proper bike bases for 40k and neither is no base. Should I be filing a btr in you for that? Leaving a neg ref? Would that make sense?

The attached file shows a biker on the correct base at the left side of the photo and then all the wrong/no base models.
Factually speaking, you're wrong on a couple points.
1) Those are rectangular bases, not square (it matters).
2) Those rectangular bases were legal bases for GW bike models prior to the rounded edged bases being released.

That means you did, indeed, get the proper bases for the models.
If you traded for OOP RT Terminators and they came in on 25mm bases, guess what. Legal. That's the base they came with, so they are proper.
Therefore, no. A negative reference of BTR would be nonsensical.

That said, I'm glad you two were able to come to an agreement finally.

Make sure you package everything PROPERLY to make sure it arrives to your trade partner in good shape.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
squirrelowar ( -2 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by squirrelowar »

This trade has been resolved as agreed.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”