BTR - ChickenHide Elliot Vega - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Tryntius ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR - ChickenHide Elliot Vega

Post by Tryntius »

I don't know if I can help, but it caught my eye on his old profile that he is from orlando. A quick check of my FLGS's Facebook forum showed me a John Elliot Vega is a member. I don't know him personally, but I think I've seen him around. I'm pretty busy, I'll talk to the shop owner when I can. Maybe someone can put some pressure on him...
Reading a message and then taking days to respond is quite rude. I get busy schedules, I have one too; but if you have time to read a message, then you have the 30 seconds it takes to shoot a few sentences off.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.

If you agree to purchase an item from me (I'm not referring to trades), you have 48 hours to make payment through Paypal for that item. If you don't, the item will be up for sale again.

I only ship in the CONUS.
Tryntius ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Tryntius »

The facebooks page that mm posted matches the one I found in my FLGS's Facebook page.
Reading a message and then taking days to respond is quite rude. I get busy schedules, I have one too; but if you have time to read a message, then you have the 30 seconds it takes to shoot a few sentences off.

If you agree to purchase an item from me (I'm not referring to trades), you have 48 hours to make payment through Paypal for that item. If you don't, the item will be up for sale again.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I don't think you need to have your FLGS pressure him.
I'm ticked at him right now. REALLY ticked. I mean, the man used to be site staff, for God's sake!

He has some negative references and isn't the best with follow-through. My guess is that he has memory issues ( I speak from personal experience with them). The ONLY thing he's done to warrant a ban, though (and it IS a big thing) is multi-account. Simply having a BTR against him isn't enough, provided he makes good, and I have no reason to believe that he won't.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Tryntius ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Tryntius »

Understood. I hope everything works out. I remember talking to the shop owner about bartertown a month or two ago and him saying he doesn't trust it. When asked why, he stated he knew someone who had soured his reputation and just went a made a new profile. I guess I know about whom he was referring now.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

That's not a Bartertown issue. That's an issue with the person in question.
You can do that on any site. I mean, how many IDs has Matt Bonder/Daniel Mandelbaum had on eBay alone?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

kturock wrote:
pretre wrote:
pretre wrote:It takes a couple hours for tracking to show up. It tracks now.
So according to USPS, it is still in Pre-Shipment. That's not a good sign. That means that it hasn't been picked up and scanned yet so hasn't actually shipped. He just generated a label.
Or he dropped it off at a post office and they picked it up at the front, and took it to the back; without scanning it.
That happens all the time at the main sorting facility, where I work. I've seen it with things I ship.
It's moving now!
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
nakedpanda ( 72 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nakedpanda »

I will post results here when the package arrives, as I doubt a reference would really matter at this point?

Thanks again to everyone for the help. That was really scary, or at least as scary as anything involving trust and toys can be.
nakedpanda ( 72 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nakedpanda »

Everything and more came in today.

I am so relieved that this came to favorable end!

Thanks for all your help, and to Mr. Vega for coming through.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”