BTR - branderson1983 - Resolved by PayPal

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

BTR - branderson1983 - Resolved by PayPal

Post by bushellrr »

This guy has good references, but I have no way of contacting him other than private message. I'm hoping someone from his gaming group or a real life friend reads this and can check in on him. As you can see from our PM exchange, questions were answered, an agreement was reached, 'branderson1983' send me a PayPal request March 30th and I promptly paid it and PM'd the transaction number. My PMs after March 30th are still in my outbox and his profile indicates that he has not logged into Bartertown since March 30th. I believe 14 days is the standard for considering the trade has gone bad, but a week without him picking up the messages is concerning. I'm actually more concerned that something may have happened to this guy, than I am concerned that my $50 is gone. If someone knows him, please check in to see if he is all right. After that, remind him that he has an unfinished trade that needs a bit of communication.

branderson1983
Re: H: Nids in box W: $$$
Sent: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:37 am
by bushellrr
Your transaction ID for this payment is: “PayPal Transaction Number given”

Payment sent, feel free to ship anytime when you confirmed receipt of payment.

-Rich

Sent: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:20 pm
by bushellrr
Sounds good, send me a PayPal request : “email address given”

Rich Bushell
“Address Given”

If you had a couple of Tyranid Warriors kickin around, I'd be interested in picking them up as well.

-Rich

Sent: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm
by branderson1983
Yes, willing to separate. $50 shipped in US

Sent: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:43 pm
by bushellrr
I'm interested in one of your Haruspex sealed boxes. What is the cost and are you willing to separate?

Thanks,

-Rich
:) I 've never seen anyone pack so little so well...you might have an OCD problem ;) - Trading Partner
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Re: No contact after payment - branderson1983

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

You are not alone in your dealings, you may want to review this bad trader report and attempt to reach out.

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=229710
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Wait.
So, you PAID him and he didn't deliver?

That would be a BTR and not Deadbeat/Backout.

Please, respond. We can move your thread to the right forum, if needed.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by bushellrr »

After reading the other BTR it seems this guy sold the same model four times to three people on the same day. Moderator, please move my thread to BTR. I'll start the PayPal reversal process immediately. I'm also PMing the other folks on the short end of this stick so we can pool information.

-Rich
:) I 've never seen anyone pack so little so well...you might have an OCD problem ;) - Trading Partner
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

His account has been banned with the following notice:
You have multiple open BTRs for apparent scamming. You are banned until they are resolved. Contact your trade partners or MagickalMemories@aol.com to work on a resolution.
Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by bushellrr »

Sent message to his gmail account

Bartertown deal - Hauspex/Exocrine

Rich "email address"
9:12 AM (3 minutes ago)

to branderson1983
Ben,

We had a deal for a NIB Hauspex/Exocrine. You agreed to it and sent me a PayPal payment request. I paid immediately and you've not logged into Bartertown since. You've also not sent the model.

I found out today that on the same day you sold me the NIB Hauspex/Exocrine, you also sold the same thing three more times. Maybe you have four NIB models, but you only claimed on your listing to have two of them. It doesn't look good man. What do you intend to do to square this up with all of us?
bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by bushellrr »

Link to Ben Anderson's Photobucket account
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/maskedman504/profile/

Looks like he trades in models, decorative knives, firearms and ammunition.

This is the clearest picture of Ben I can find on his Photobucket site. The Chap on the left
bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by bushellrr »

I now have an active claim with PayPal including a case number. Since Ben Anderson's account has been suspended, PayPal routed my dispute directly to claim status.

If there are more of us who traded with Ben, get your claims in now before the time limit from PayPal is up.
bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by bushellrr »

Police report filed with Ben Anderson's home police department

Badge Image This incident has been reported to the
Overland Park Police Department
and is pending approval Overland Park Police Department
12400 Foster
Overland Park, KS 66213
913-895-6000
clear img
General Information
Incident Type Theft
Tracking Number T14000149
Report Date 04/09/2014 01:59 PM
clear img
Reporting Person Information
Name Redacted
Home Address Redacted
Home Phone Redacted
Mobile Phone Redacted
Email Redacted
Employer Name Redacteds
Work Address RedactedS
Work Phone Redacted
Race White
Ethnicity Not of Hispanic Origin
Resident Status Nonresident
sex Male
DOB Redacted
Driver License No Redacted
Licensing State UT
Age Redacted
Height Redacted
Weight Redacted
Eye Color Blue
Hair Color Brown
clear img
Incident Information
Incident Location Redacted
Incident Time (start) 03/29/2014 12:45 PM
Incident Time (end) 03/30/2014 09:00 PM
Location Type Single Residence ( Including Attached Garage)
Theft Type Other
clear img
Property Information
No 1
Type Credit, Bank/i.d. Cards
Brand PayPal
How Many 1
Market Value ($) 50
Property Description $50 PayPal transaction
clear img
Narrative
Incident Description I was scammed online. The suspect sold the same item to three different people the same day. He ended all communication with all three buyers after being paid. No product was shipped. Upon investigation by myself and another buyer, we discovered other aliases and similar scams on several trading sites and Ebay dating back to 2008. We traced these aliases to the suspect's Facebook and Photobucket accounts where we found information on his real name, place of employment, address, family members, other trades, photos of himself and merchandise. It appears he trades in models like the ones he scammed us with, as well as custom knives and weapons including firearms and ammunition.
Alias used on BarterTown.com - branderson1983
Connected alias used on DakkaDakka.com and Ebay - maskedman504
According to our research, the suspect's real name is Benjamin R Anderson
Address: Redacted
Alias Address: Redacted
Email Address: branderson1983@gmail.com
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/ben.anderson.777363?fref=ts
Photobucket Link: http://s214.photobucket.com/user/maskedman504/profile/
There are at least two of us willing to help with our evidence and in a prosecution. He has at least dozens of victims of fraud over the past six years that are easily located. We'd like to help you reduce crime in your low crime neighborhood.

Thank you for your time,

Rich Bushell

I am willing to prosecute.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

PM the Swapshop Mods over on Dakka. Tell them what you've done. Ask if they have any info they can share with you for the PD.

I can't access Dakka from work... has anyone there gotten a resolution? If not, post in that thread, as well. Tell them what you did and urge them to do the same. If/when you have a detective's name, post that in this thread and in the Dakka thread, as well.

Eric

bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by bushellrr »

Two developments: PayPal has resolved my case against Ben Anderson in my favor. Overland Park PD has determined that the alleged fraud probably did not occur in their jurisdiction, so I'll have to start over contacting another police department to see if they will take my report. I sort of hate to drop it because the guy will probably keep doing this same thing like he has since 2008; however, I'm busy like everyone and I have my money back. Below is the determination from PayPal:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution of Your Case: #PP-003-071-951-462
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Richard Bushell,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $50.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Benjamin Anderson
Seller's Email: branderson1983@gmail.com Seller's Transaction ID: 7R18733366050773L

Transaction Date: Mar 31, 2014
Transaction Amount: -$50.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: 61T6320440277852B
Case Number: PP-003-071-951-462

Buyer's Transaction ID: 61T6320440277852B

What to Do Next

No further action is required by you at this time.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Before we close this; has the adjustment actually credited your PayPal acct yet?

Eric

bushellrr ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by bushellrr »

Yes, the adjustment has actually been credited. It happened right away. I used some of it to open a Steam account, so I have no doubts. Thanks for checking.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”