BTR Belzon - Resolved by Belzon after 3 years!

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

MeniteTom ( 42 )
BTown Regular

BTR Belzon - Resolved by Belzon after 3 years!

Post by MeniteTom »

Back on February 5th, I was contacted by Belzon with regards to the Menoth models I was selling. We agreed to a trade wherein I sent him roughly $100 worth of Menoth models in exchange for a similar value in Retribution models. Models were shipped that Friday and arrived that Monday. Belzon did not send the models, citing several delays (long shift at work, out of town for some family emergency). He has since stopped responding to messages (I don't know how to check as to whether or not he's reading them). Here's the full exchange:

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 pm
by Belzon

What models are you looking for for Retribution? I have a small force that I am willing to trade.

I have the battlebox (Kaylessa, Manticore, Chimera, Griffon)
Adeptis Rahn
Garryth
Ravyn
Ossyan
Narn
Nayl
Mage Hunter Assassin
Battle Mage Unit
Full unit of Mage Hunter Strike force
Strike Force Commander

Let me know which models you are interested in and we can make a deal happen.

XXXXX

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:27 pm
by MeniteTom

I'm interested in Garryth, Ravyn, the battle mage unit, the MHSF and UA and the Mage Hunter Assassin, provided it is the variant sculpt and not the original. What of mine are you interested in?

XXXX

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 pm
by Belzon

The Mage Hunter is the original sculpt so that is off the table than. The models I am interested in are:

Vindictus
The Testament of Menoth
Rhoven and Honor Guard
Both Dervishes
Reclaimer

The retail of the models I am offering is 101.95 and the MSRP of the ones I am interested in is 100.94. So it is a pretty even on trade. What do you think?

XXXX

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:16 pm
by MeniteTom

Seems solid, I'm up for it. Just need your address. Mine is:
*Address omitted*

XXXX

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 pm
by Belzon

*Address omitted*

Will pack and ship probably on Friday. I use USPS and will email you a tracking number when I receive it.

XXXX

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:13 pm
by MeniteTom

Going to ship tomorrow as well, will send tracking number.

XXXX

Sent: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 pm
by MeniteTom

Alright, your package has been sent via Priority Mail. Your tracking number is 9114901159815526570162. Should arrive Monday.

XXXX

Sent: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 am
by MeniteTom

Did you get a chance to ship yet?

XXXX

Sent: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 am
by Belzon

I unexpectedly had to work a 16 hour shift today. Should have em in the mail tomorrow. I apologize for the delay.

XXXX

Sent: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:36 pm
by Belzon

I apologize greatly. My hospital has kept me busy non stop for the past two days. This is NOT the way I usually do business. I would like to offer you something as way of apology and with my sincerest promise that Monday the models Will get shipped.

I will be happy to throw into the trade any other model on the list that you would like, in addition I also have a pEyriss or the Retribution Token Set that I would be willing to add in.

Again I am sorry please let me know how I can make this right.

Scott

XXXX

Sent: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am
by MeniteTom

Don't sweat it, but if you could throw in the token set that would be AWESOME. Thanks for keeping in contact with me.

XXXX

Sent: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:46 am
by Belzon

Tokens are yours sir

XXXX

Sent: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:44 pm
by MeniteTom

Any progress on shipping?

XXXX

Sent: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:04 pm
by MeniteTom

Its been almost a week now without any new communication. While I'm willing to be patient, the delay is becoming concerning. I need some kind of shipping confirmation, soon.

XXXX

Sent: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:11 pm
by Belzon

I am truly sorry for the bad expireience I am giving you with this trade. I had to leave town on a family emergency and will be getting home today. I am not trying to rip you off, just having the worst week ever. I will have nidels and tikens in the mail today if I am home in time, or first thing Monday.

Again sorry for the delays. And thank you for your patience.

-scottie-

XXXX

Sent: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:48 pm
by MeniteTom

Not a problem, thank you for keeping me abreast of the situation.

XXXX

Sent: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:45 pm
by MeniteTom

Have you shipped yet?

XXXX

Sent: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:39 am
by Belzon

I still am out if state. Sent my roomate instructions on shipping. Will ship this morning and send you tracking #.

XXXX

Sent: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:23 pm
by MeniteTom

Was your roommate able to ship or am I to assume more delays?

XXXX

Sent: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 pm
by MeniteTom

We are now more than a week after you said your roommate was going to send the package. Clearly that has not happened. You're putting me in a difficult situation. While I want to trust that everything you've said has been the truth and some severe family emergency has prevented you from finishing the trade, there's been no real indication that you're going to send the items, simply broken promises and missed deadlines. At this point there are two options. Either I see a tracking number within the next week or you compensate me monetarily via Paypal for the items. Otherwise I'm going to have to proceed with a bad trader report to get this resolved that way, which I'd rather not do.

XXXX

Thats where we stand currently. If what he's saying is in any way true, then I'm sympathetic, but I still want this resolved and gave him the out via Paypal. I can provide the receipt with the tracking number on it, but he's left me positive feedback stating that he received the models.
MeniteTom ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Re: BTR Belzon

Post by MeniteTom »

Omitted it originally for privacy, but after reading the rules it seems like his address might be relevant. Address is:

Scott Poole
1156 Jaxon Way
Redding, CA 96003
Sinjin ( 182 )
BTown Regular

Post by Sinjin »

MeniteTom wrote:I don't know how to check as to whether or not he's reading them
Messages are in your 'outbox' until they are opened by the recipient, at which time they go to your 'sent' folder. So if the messages you sent him are no longer in your 'outbox' then he has opened them.
MeniteTom ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Post by MeniteTom »

Sinjin wrote:
MeniteTom wrote:I don't know how to check as to whether or not he's reading them
Messages are in your 'outbox' until they are opened by the recipient, at which time they go to your 'sent' folder. So if the messages you sent him are no longer in your 'outbox' then he has opened them.
Ah, so to confirm then, he has been getting the messages.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Try alternate methods of contacting him.
For example, you could try Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/poole.scottie/ ... 396&type=3

If he doesn't respond, this appears to be his sister-in-law:
https://www.facebook.com/rania.lenarz1
Based on the comments in this pic:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =918%2C918
["Rania Lenarz smooth little brother....thats whats up dog!!!!"]
Then again, she's "In a Complicated Relationship with Andrew Poole," so maybe not a sister-in-law, She definitely seems close to him.
If he doesn't respond to your emails (I'll PM you his email address) or Facebook messages, you could contact her, DO NOT MAKE ANY ACCUSATIONS ABOUT HIM, and ask for help contacting him (and tell her why), she might be able to help.

Here's his brother's Facebook page. You could try the same thing with him:
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.poole.9634
Also, Andrew has this guy listed as a brother:
https://www.facebook.com/brian.willard.16
He might be able to help, too.

He's a member of this Facebook group. If he ignores your furhter attempts to contact him, an Admin here might know him and be able to put a little social pressure on him:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/212760418791777/
Lastly... and I really WOULD use this as a last resort, as it's pretty extreme... he works here, according to his Facebook profile:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Windsor- ... 9717482335
Windsor Care Home~
Address: 2490 Court St
Redding, California 96001
Phone: (530) 246-2586

If all other attempts fail, you could try calling him at work. If he doesn't respond THEN, you could always ask his MANAGER for help.
Before using this option, though, I'd give him one final warning and opportunity to fix his screw up, as it could cost him his job.

I hope you're able to use this information to your advantage.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Whoops. Silly me.
I forgot to look for a phone number.

You should probably try this FIRST, in case it's a valid # (note, the address is different).
Phone number:
530-222-4462
Address:
PO Box 169
Shasta Lake, CA 96019-0169
Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MeniteTom ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Post by MeniteTom »

Thanks for your help thus far. Now I have to actually make a Facebook account to track this guy down.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You could start with the phone number.

Eric

MeniteTom ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Post by MeniteTom »

Alright, so there have been no responses from him or any of his family members on Facebook. The number is also a dud; belongs to a woman who claims not to know him. I haven't called the job number yet, but if I do, whats the protocol? How do I approach this?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I have called people at work before when they had open BTRs and the person who opened it was outside the US or (in the case of Jesse Lamb) when it was BIG issue. Here is what I did:

Time #1:
Called # and asked for him by name.
When I got him, I explained who I was, apologized for calling him at work, and asked if he was aware that [member] had opened a BTR against him for not completing his end of the trade. I then asked him to log in to BT, respond to the BTR, and complete his end of the trade.

Time #2 (Jesse Lamb):
Called # and asked for him by name. When asked my name, I said, "It's Eric," as if this was just something normal and to be expected. As it turned out, it was his boss that answered.
She put me on hold and, when she came back, had a skeptical sound to her voice. Told me he wasn't available and asked to take a message.
I left my full name, cell # and a response that "it is regarding Bartertown. He'll know what I'm referring to."
He called me back that night and made good on all the issues that we could get people to reply to him about (IIRC).

The first part is just having the moxy to do it. You've got to "man up" and do it. I'm not saying this guy's up to no good but, when they ARE up to no good, it puts a shock into them to know how easily they can be found. When they're NOT up to no good, it's just a nice reminder to them that people are willing to do what it takes to get things resolved.
It's just imperative that, as long as HE is being polite, YOU be polite. Assume the best and make no accusations. If it's something innocent and you start slinging insults, you never know if he's the kind of person who's going to say, "F it" just for the sheer sake of being pissed at you.

Eric

MeniteTom ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Post by MeniteTom »

After three years, Scott actually contacted me, told me he had been in a bad place when this trade took place and wanted to make things right, Paid me for the models and we're all square, more or less. For whatever its worth, things are resolved now and the BTR can be closed.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Wow.
Just WOW.
Amazing and exciting. GLAD to hear it.

Eric

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”