BTR: AgeofEgos

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

40k Junkie ( 122 )
BTown Regular

BTR: AgeofEgos

Post by 40k Junkie »

Hello B-Town,

On Jan. 8th AgeofEgos and I (40k Junkie) began negotiating for a trade. I experienced a death in the family and didn't want him to have to wait so I reviewed his references and not seeing any issues I shipped my portion out before recieving models from him. This is my first issue with Bartertown that hasn't been able to be resolved. I am not sure now what to do.

Our Communications
40k Junkie wrote:Subject: H: Cygnar, $$$ W: Trollkin Kiltlifter
AgeOfEgos wrote:Wanting to buy the old Troll Kiltlifter model--have Paypal/Cygnar
I happen to have a bare metal one for sale or trade (pref trade) and interseted in Cygnar
AgeOfEgos wrote:Jan 08- Hey,

Great--interested.

I have Cygnar;

Nemo (painted)
eNemo (painted)
eStryker (painted)
Ol'Rowdy (painted)
Cyclone (painted)
Stormblades (painted)
Stormsmith x 3 (painted)
Firefly (painted)
Charger (painted)
Gunmages (painted)
Stormlances (painted)
eCaine (painted)
Nemo 3 (primed)
Centurion (painted)
eHaley (painted)
Thorn (painted)
Precursor Knights (painted)
Precursor UA (painted)

Any of those interest you? Or what are you looking for?

40k Junkie wrote:Subject: H: Cygnar, $$$ W: Trollkin Kiltlifter
AgeOfEgos wrote:Wanting to buy the old Troll Kiltlifter model--have Paypal/Cygnar
I happen to have a bare metal one for sale or trade (pref trade) and interseted in Cygnar
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 09- What value do you think my model is worth? I can find plenty from your list. Are you wanting anything else?
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 09- Here is the current value, but it is out of stock everywhere apparently:

http://www.discountgamesinc.com/review/ ... tegory/30/

I would really like:
eHaley (painted) $17.99
Thorn (painted) $27.99

Minus mine of $29.99 figure 15% above retail for rarity puts me at $34.50. A difference of $11.50
AgeOfEgos wrote:Jan 09- I'm ok with parting with those two--do you have any other troll solo perhaps? Or maybe we can work out something in regards to shipping?
40k Junkie wrote:Here is the current value, but it is out of stock everywhere apparently:

http://www.discountgamesinc.com/review/ ... tegory/30/

I would really like:
eHaley (painted) $17.99
Thorn (painted) $27.99

Minus mine of $29.99 figure 15% above retail for rarity puts me at $34.50. A difference of $11.50
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 09- I have a ton of trolls. Check my post and let me know.
AgeOfEgos wrote:Jan 09- How about Grim Angus + the Kiltlifter for eHaley and Thorn?
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 09- I have a ton of trolls. Check my post and let me know.
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 09- Sounds good.

My info is
James B******
AgeOfEgos wrote:Jan 09- Ok, it will go out tomorrow.
40k Junkie wrote:Sounds good.

My info is
James ***********
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 09- What is your address?
AgeOfEgos wrote:Jan 09- Ryan *****

40k Junkie wrote:What is your address?
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 10- I just word of a death in the family so I will out of town for awhile. I went ahead and shipped my half out today so that you didn't have to wait. Here is your tracking number: 9114901159815446921273
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 15- Have you been able to ship out your package yet?
40k Junkie wrote:Jan 19- I am getting really concerned that I did wrong sending my lot first.

On the 9th you said it would go out tomorrow. It has been 10 days since then. I hope all is well with you, but like I said am getting very nervous about my due. Just a reminder

James *********

and I am expecting from you:
eHaley
Thorn

Do you have a tracking number?

My Proof
-Tracking Number via USPS 9114901159815446921273

Follow through
I have made efforts to contact him without success. I may be jumping the gun, but we negotiated our deal in 2 days. It has been 12 since he said that he would ship them without any contact. The value of his lot is $45 and I would really like to not lose that money.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR: AgeofEgos

Post by MagickalMemories »

AOE has been around a while and, despite his middling ratings, is a pretty trustworthy guy.
That's not to invalidate your claim, mind you. I'm just hoping to reassure you a little bit.

His last log in here was 1/17. I can't check dakkadakka.com from work, but I can check in on him there from home later. He's fairly regular there, too.
If you have a Dakka account, you might consider trying to PM him there, too.

FWIW, I believe he'll make good for you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
40k Junkie ( 122 )
BTown Regular

Re: BTR: AgeofEgos

Post by 40k Junkie »

This BTR has been resolved by AgeofEgos. He came through in the end and was very apologetic for the breakdown in communication and shipping. I feel like I can trust that this is an isolated error and would trade with him again.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”