BTR - cannonfodder - Resolved by PayPal

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

BTR - cannonfodder - Resolved by PayPal

Post by spiralingcadaver »

***************************************************************************************************
***************************************************************************************************
1: intro

The short version:
Cannon Fodder and I agreed on a trade.
He didn't specify condition other than primed.
He also demanded that I ship before he did.
I received his minis, noted that several pieces were missing (arms, weapons, detail bits) and that there were some ugly pins sticking out of his models, asked him if he had the pieces, tried to confirm he got his package.
He eventually responded that he didn't have them, never commented on the weird pinning or receiving his package.
I repeatedly and increasingly clearly asked him for some sort of compensation.
He never responded.

2: proof

Sent: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:07 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, I've got a pack of silurids (unassembled) and NQ eiryss (also unassembled)- interested in a trade for some of your malifaux stuff, but first want to know what you value Eiryss at as a trade...

Thanks,
~Nick

Subject: H: Mali,WM/H,Misc W: Inf,Dust,Misc
CannonFodder wrote:Well I'm cleaning out my closet AGAIN (Updated both want and trade list Dec 31), and here is my giant list of stuff I've accumulated and don't think will make it in gaming rotation again. I would rather not deal with single models, 40$ value or more is preferable in trade value, otherwise shipping costs make it not worth trade effort. Lastly, I ship second. I've had a couple trades that never came in. I'm willing to ship once I see a tracking number.

FYI I live in Montreal, Canada.

===> Have ========================================

For the Malifaux Make an offer for cash

Malifaux: Misaki TT Lot - This is in a Sabol tray

* M2E Card pack for TT (sealed)
* MisakiMistress (Primed White)
* MrGraves (Primed White)
* TenThunderBro x3 (Primed White)
* Oiran x2 (Primed White)
* Shang (Primed White)
* Archer x3 (Primed White)
* Ototo (Primed White)
* Torakage x3 (Primed White)
* Yamaziko (Primed White)
[removed rest of trade list b/c irrelevant and long]
Sent: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:22 pm
CannonFodder wrote:I'll put the Eiryss at 60 - 70$(in trade). I checked the completed ebay auctions and it once hit 105$ but also sold at 20$ once. I see a couple at 75 with no bidders. so I figure that should be fair.
Sent: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:54 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, sure, yeah, the wildly varying price for her was why I was asking. How does this look? Other than the deck, the TT stuff that's out are mercs and neverborn, so should be easy to stick with their respective groups...

Misaki box 35
Yamaziko 11
orian 21
tt archers 21
=88

vs.
silurids 19.5
NQ eiryss 70
=89.5

I'd also be interested in trading the precursor UA (IIRC unassembled) for sebastian and izamu if interested.

BTW, hoffman and his constructs are now guild only, if that matters for your listing...

Thanks,
~Nick
Sent: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 am
CannonFodder wrote:if you toss in 15$, I'll toss in the TT Brothers. I'd rather not be stuck with only 1 blister of of TT models left. I get the feeling that I'm over paying for the NQ Eryss. Also don't forget I'm tossing in a Sabot tray.
Sent: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:07 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:I'm trading Eiryss at what you considered market price on ebay, which I agreed with, and that wasn't taking into account the fact that one can generally find new minis online for 30% off/used for closer to 40% off. I have extra sabol trays so that isn't worth much to me.

I'm not that interested in the old metals (don't think they really fit with the rest of the crew), but I'd be willing to do 40% off at $12.

Also, no interest in the other additions?

Thanks,
~Nick
[removed PM about precursors that weren't traded so were irrelevant]

Sent: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:22 am
CannonFodder wrote:i can live with 12$.

as for the Precursor UA. Without the actual precursors I'm not interested, they are a low priority for me. if you want izamu I'll let him go for 8.

My paypal is [email redacted]

Thomas Lamie
[address redacted]
Sent: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:24 am
spiralingcadaver wrote:Sounds good!

Was thinking I'd send the paypal, you'd send your side, I'd send mine?

My address:
Nick Wirtz
[address redacted]

And, does Izamu have his mask? If not, do you have the bit?

Thanks,
~Nick
Sent: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:56 pm
CannonFodder wrote:The izamu box is NIB. And as I said in orginal post I'll send after is see a tracking number, sorry this is a deal breaker for me. I've been burnt before.
Sent: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:16 am
spiralingcadaver wrote:Okay, is it okay if I send payment after your package is delivered then? (I send, give you tracking, you send, I pay)

Thanks,
~Nick
Sent: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:24 am
Note: I guess(?) I could have seen the missing element on Misaki's leg here if I had realized the arc wouldn't have been blocked by her leg, but certainly could not have seen other damage, as it was all obscured by foam etc. I don't believe it's my responsibility to have seen fine detail problems in this blurry pic, nor should it have been my responsibility to check if models' limbs and weapons were included.
CannonFodder wrote:I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I made this rule before and I won't brake it. I'll ship once I see tracking number and payment.

The main reason I trade is not for money but because if i have something not being used it bugs me, and I don't want to throw it away. It bugs me MUCH more when someone takes advantage of me.

here is a quick photo of the models in question. I already put them in a box, just need to put a shipping label on them.

Sent: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:24 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Eh, okay. Hopefully I'll have time to get them in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks,
~nick
Note: I believe it's okay to include the tracking # since it doesn't have personal info and includes evidence my side was delivered fine?
Sent: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, USPS said they couldn't do tracking to canada and spouted some nonsense. The customs # is LC361547297US, which they said should be trackable though it wouldn't be in the canadian system for a while.

Thanks,
~Nick
Sent: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:23 pm
CannonFodder wrote:Its normal for the tracking number not to searchable as it cross the border. But I know of lots of things that go missing without a tracking number. I'll try to ship them tomorrow, but am usually only near a post office on thursdays.
Sent: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:46 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Yeah, not very happy w/o tracking numbers :/

Thanks, and I'll get that paypal to you in the next day or so (and to confirm, yes, I'm interested in izamu)

Thanks,
~Nick
Sent: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:43 am
CannonFodder wrote:He's already packed. I'll ship once pay pal is received.
Sent: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:38 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:hi, just sent the cash
Sent: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:55 am
CannonFodder wrote:I sent everything yesterday

Sent: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:56 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, just checked tracking, says it's in canada now but hasn't been updated in a few days, wondering if you got it.

I got your package, a few things missing, though-
there's no stream attached to misaki's foot (just the hole where it would go)
one of the metal guys is missing an arm
one of the archers is missing an arrow and the end of the arrow he does have
another archer is missing his arrow

wondering if you have any of those parts still...

Also, did you use plastic cement or super glue? Looks like super glue, but wanted to check before I break something trying to reposition it.

edit: forgot to mention: in the future, it would be polite to inform traders about those support pins that are hanging off the models, too... going to take some work to remove those.

Thanks,
~nick
Sent: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 am
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, checking in since it's been a few days...
Sent: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:12 pm
CannonFodder wrote:sorry, busy week. you have everything i had, i don't have anythign left. As for the glue. No idea what I used. I have a couple different brands and forget what I used on what.
Sent: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:54 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Okay, how would you like to deal with that? It's not like GW where there are a lot of kits with similar pieces or options, or even metal kits where I might have a chance of contacting the company to order replacements (with the exception of the arm). There's no ambiguity with optional components, they're just incomplete models. I'm pretty experienced at sculpting, but Malifaux minis have fine enough detail that it would be too hard to reproduce what's missing, meaning my only option is to get a rough approximation.

Also, I checked, tracking says you got your minis, correct?
Sent: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:53 am
spiralingcadaver wrote:Okay, put a different way: I'm frustrated because I agreed to your somewhat unusual demands of shipping second despite having a lower rating (with the stated reason that you're doing this to avoid getting taken advantage of, despite this usually being the privilege reserved by the higher rated trader), followed by you not disclosing that your models were incomplete (or, for that matter, assembled in a weird way) and then not addressing this as a problem once I received the models and brought it up after starting to work on them, nor have you been responding in a timely manner since I brought up complaints. I.e. it feels like you taking advantage of me: I seem to have wrongly assumed that someone who is specific and somewhat picky about trade options would hold themselves to the same standards.

To clarify, by "Okay, how would you like to deal with that?" (in my last message) I was more diplomatically asking, "Since you can't provide the parts to complete your side of the trade, what do you think is fair compensation?" but am tired of politely indirectly asking, after you've failed to respond to a number of questions I've asked you.

~Nick
Sent: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:40 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Would rather not have to force this, since it's a pain for both of us, but it's now been a few days without a response. If I haven't heard from you at all by Monday night and/or we haven't started moving towards a solution by Wednesday night (respectively 1/20 and 1/22, for clarity), I'm going to need to start filing disputes through Bartertown and Paypal.

This is not an ultimatum, I'm just letting you know what I'm going to do. I'm giving you room to respond before then because maybe you've had a busy weekend and have checked your messages but haven't had time to respond (or something else is keeping you from a response) and there won't be a problem (in which case, no hard feelings, and sorry for being pushy), but I also want to protect myself without surprising you with a bunch of dispute stuff.

~Nick

3: support
Delivery numbers were included above, paypal receipt quoted below, minus legal stuff and email addresses.
You sent a payment

Transaction ID: 13F30971CV8627615
Dear Nicholas Wirtz,

You sent a payment for $20.00 USD to Thomas Lamie.

Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

View the details of this transaction online

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history. To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... contact_us.

Receipt

Sender Recipient
Nicholas Wirtz Thomas Lamie
[redacted email addresses]
Money will be available to your recipient on: Jan 8, 2014

The recipient has a lifetime limit to send, spend or withdraw. Upon reaching this limit, the recipient must take certain actions to lift the limit.

Description Amount
Payment amount (in currency funded): $20.00 USD
Your total charge: $20.00 USD
Payment amount: $20.00 USD
Thomas Lamie's fees: $0.88 USD
Thomas Lamie will receive:: $19.12 USD
4:followthrough
I'm going to file through paypal in the near future, will add this info as it comes. currently just warning other users who don't want to get burned.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: BTR: cannonfodder

Following up, a paypal dispute is open.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Please provide the email address to which you sent the PayPal payment and the address to which you sent your models.
Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Sorry, must have overlooked that bit, thought it was all supposed to be removed.

It looks like I can't edit my posts here? Well, his contact info I sent/paypaled to:

Thomas Lamie
4250 St Ambroise #401
Montreal Quebec
H4C 3R4

tlamie@videotron.ca
-Nietzsche

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Here's his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/thomas.lamie?fref=ts
Looks like he hasn't done much, though, since 2011.

"About" says: Systems Integration Manager at CompuCom Systems Inc
CompuCom's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/CompuComSystems

If it gets bad enough, you could try contacting him via their Facebook page.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Thanks for doing the research- if I can't get anything through paypal, though, I don't think harassing him through facebook will do any more...
-Nietzsche

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I actually know Tom. I'll check in with him.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Oh, thanks!
-Nietzsche

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Hi, this just got resolved through paypal's dispute thingy w/o getting escalated to a claim. Please move this to resolved, thanks. Not really happy with how much I needed to push back on this, but at least it didn't escalate to needing official intervention...
-Nietzsche

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”