BTR SanguineAngel - Simon Fielding-Resolved via paypal

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

judgedoug ( 214 )
Resident Trader

Re: BTR SanguineAngel - Simon Fielding

Post by judgedoug »

I was able to get a full refund from Paypal. Sirkilljoy, did yours go through a-okay?
- Doug
judgedoug ( 214 )
Resident Trader

Post by judgedoug »

I got my refund, btw.

Yamabushi/Simon Fielding is posting on warseer
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... bking-list
- Doug
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

reegsk wrote:You should always file a PayPal claim earlier rather than later. You can always retract it if everything turns out copacetic, but the longer you wait, the more likely he is to take all of the money out of the account. Then you get a fun message from PayPal that says they sided with you, but he has no funds available with which to refund you.
I hope not. They say different on their boards: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sec ... d-p/209534
jono3_88 -

Welcome to the boards!

PayPal has significantly expanded coverages for both buyers and sellers over our tenure as a payment processor, and I can confidently tell you that if you win a claim, your refund is guaranteed, even if the seller doesn't have the funds in their account.

Hope this helps,

Adrian
...but I wouldn't take that at face value until I actually got a refund under those circumstances. I hadn't heard anything before about not getting a refund if they can't recover funds from the seller; I always figured they'd cover the loss themselves, then sic their legal department on the scammer. Silly me.
A few trade guidlines:
1) If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines!
2) Communication is key! I'm a reasonable guy (I try,) so if there's a problem, tell me!
3) I package things well, you should do the same. Protect minis from each other, too.
4) Leave feedback!
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

A few trade guidlines:
1) If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines!
2) Communication is key! I'm a reasonable guy (I try,) so if there's a problem, tell me!
3) I package things well, you should do the same. Protect minis from each other, too.
4) Leave feedback!
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

I'm glad to hear PayPal has "maybe" changed their policy. I've heard too many stories where someone had PP side with them, but apologize for not being able to actually refund the money.
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

I'm not holding my breath, but the way I always *thought* they did it makes much more sense. Insurance companies do pretty-much the same thing; cover your policy, then go after the liable party to recover their losses.

These arseholes need to have the law dropped on their heads, instead of always getting away with ripping people off, ESPECIALLY when they (PayPal, eBay, etc.) are the means by which they perpetrate their scams.
A few trade guidlines:
4) Leave feedback!
sirkilljoy ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by sirkilljoy »

Late response, Apologies. Yea my refund went through quickly. I've seen this guy posting again on dakkadakka, someone's already posted his threads. It seems this guy makes a hobby of scamming us hobbyists...
GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

Glad to hear you got yours back. I don't know why PayPal doesn't shut him down.
A few trade guidlines:
4) Leave feedback!
sirkilljoy ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by sirkilljoy »

East Asia is the new Wild West my friend. Lawless and hard to control.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

Since this is resolved I'm locking the topic, if either the OP or Sanquine has anything to add contact a staff member.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”