BTR - magnuslion - RESOLVED (PayPal)

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: BTR - magnuslion

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I have heard from the seller. I have suggested the return that skarsol has outlined and am awaiting a reply. Mood: optimistic.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I find myself siding with the seller. The problem is that those bikes in the pictures ARE the old style metals to a lot of players. Those RT bikes are so old they were out of production before some of our users were BORN, let alone started to play 40K. Being ignorant of something that old that's not regularly seen in games or outside of SoL isn't something that should be held against the guy. Especially since he provided pictures. The RT bike style and the current styles are dramatically different and I think even those poor pics are more than sufficient for telling what edition they are.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Buyer wanted all metal bikes. Seller said they were metal. Seller did not say that the riders were metal and the bikes were plastic. I personally would have asked for clarification from the buyer when he asked if the bikes were metal.

BTW, the all metal bikes were available up until the late 90s.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Guys, like I said previously, let's move those discussions to the thread I linked above. Please.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
skarsol ( 124 )
BTown Regular

Post by skarsol »

I'm gonna go ahead and assume email negotiations fell through. Paypal is supposed to rule shortly, I'll update with the final status then.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I emailed Jophram new login info yesterday; I had hoped he would have logged in by now. Have you had any contact from him via email?
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
skarsol ( 124 )
BTown Regular

Post by skarsol »

Is Jophram his real name?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

AFAIK. What name was on the packaging?

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
skarsol ( 124 )
BTown Regular

Post by skarsol »

To the best of my recollection, Geoffrey Mccafferty, same as on the Paypal Account. I'll check when I get home. The email used links to an active Escapist profile of 'magnuslion' using the same Geoffrey Mccafferty name, so I was fairly sure it was correct. Either way, noone's contacted me.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Ah. Maybe I've been addressing him wrong all this time.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
skarsol ( 124 )
BTown Regular

Post by skarsol »

Have received a PM from him:
Re: 40k Lot of Bikes

Sent: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:59 am
To: skarsol
I will refund you via paypal on july 5th. I am sorry I will not be able to do it sooner than then.
When I did not reply and you escalated things with Paypal, I was at a renaissance fair. as I had mentioned in a previous communication. At first I was so pissed that you had escalated things that I did not care to bargain with you. . sorrow . talked me into resolving things amicably. However, there have been issues with my bartertown login in, that I have reported to paypal.

regarding the figures: we both know the attack bikes are the metal ones. I advertised the lot as is, and by all rights should not have to give you a refund at all. Moreover, I will never do any kind of business on this site again, caution anyone against using it, and explain why to everyone who asks.

refund on July 5th.
So I guess I'm sitting on the models for a month and we'll see what happens. Now that he's communicating, I will ask if he has the names of the purported other buyers for his lot and see if I can cut out the middle man and just send them direct to one of them so he doesn't have to mess with it anymore.
skarsol ( 124 )
BTown Regular

Post by skarsol »

Sent: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:32 pm
To: magnuslion
Okay. In an effort to resolve this more quickly, can you give me the usernames of the other people on here you said were interested in the bike lot so that I can contact them and maybe just sell the bikes to them, thus resolving this quickly?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Moreover, I will never do any kind of business on this site again, caution anyone against using it, and explain why to everyone who asks.
I'm certain he won't be providing any links to this thread, however, for people to see all the facts!

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
skarsol ( 124 )
BTown Regular

Post by skarsol »

After discussing with magnuslion I've posted the bikes up for sale in order to try and bring this to a speedy conclusion as he's unable to make the refund until next month.

Sent: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 pm
by magnuslion
I had erased the messages after I sold them too you. I will not object if you wish to repost them. however, we will need to do something about paypal. I am not sure how to stop that from going through at this point. I also had several offers from ebay for them.

let me know what happens.

Sent: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:01 pm
by skarsol
Okay, I will re-list them on here and if someone snags them I'll consider the whole thing done. As for Paypal, to my eyes, there's no harm in allowing it to proceed. To the best of my understanding, whichever way they rule, nothing would happen until/unless I provide proof that I've shipped the items back to you.

I'll post the items up for sale tonight, and if those buyers are still around, should hopefully have this resolved in the next day or two.
I'm not real sure how one gets offers from Ebay, I guess maybe he had them listed as Buy It Now or Best Offer. Anyway, hopefully someone bites.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I agree on the ebay thing, but I doubt he was getting BETTER offers there than from you.
:shrugs:

Just don't cancel the complaint until you've got money in hand from one person or another.

Eric

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”