BTR - Vacuum aka Ben Ransom - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Cleavelander ( 30 )
New Trader

BTR - Vacuum aka Ben Ransom - Resolved

Post by Cleavelander » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Hello all
I started a trade with this fellow back in March. He was always quick to respond and very helpful. I have sent him a large chunk of items; the last of which were delivered to him almost 2 weeks ago. However I haven't heard from him since March 22(his last log in). The fellow has a clean trade record. Furthermore I have contacted the traders who most recently dealt with him and they cite no problem(save for one, who mentions a delay due to an emergency). Given the above, I doubt he's scamming, but its always a possibility.

I've searched online for Ben, but I've not found much. There are a few other people with the surname Ransom in Scott, LA. I may try calling/facebooking these people to see if they have any information. Fearing the worst, I've checked the obituaries and not found anything of use. I did find a civil court case(Ransom v Ransom) between a Barry Ransom and Sherwood Ransom of Scott, LA in February that could be related(perhaps an 'emergency').

Does anyone know Ben? have any suggestions? I'm sending him a letter via USPS shortly to try to contact him. I've attached the PM trail below. If I do receive the items, I'll likely give a positive reference because the communication was so good prior to the 22nd. He should have my shipping address, as I included it on a note when I shipped the items.

Sent: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 am
by Cleavelander

Subject: H: SoB, Orks, Trolls, Circle W: Lots

Hello,
I see you're after NOS/NIB stuff. I've got some gift certificates that I could use at my local store to grab some of the things on your want list to exchange for your models. I'm mostly interested in your trollbloods. What kind of ratio in retail value of your assembled stuff will you trade for NIB items from your want list? I'm looking at a larger trade, perhaps involving a battleforce or two.

all the best,
-Chris

Sent: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:03 am
by vacuum

Well, I'll level with you- the trollbloods are almost all bare metal and assembled properly. Usually, I'd say that they're worth retail, since there's nothing wrong with them and they have just been assembled. But honestly, I'd really like some of that NiB stuff and these trollbloods are of very little use to me as they stand, so I'm willing to trade to you at 90% value. Let me know if you're still interested.

Ben

Sent: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 pm
by Cleavelander

Hi Ben,
Thanks for being open and direct. That proportion is a bit too lean for me. With shipping considerations I may as well just use the certificate to get the trollbloods from the shop. If I change my mind, then I'll contact you again. Similarly, if your circumstances change, then feel free to contact me again.

-Chris

Sent: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:21 pm
by vacuum

Hey Chris- I've been thinking about it and decided that my offer was a little high, since I get to pick the specific stuff that I want and all. Depending on how much of that troll stuff you are going to take off my hands, we may have a deal yet. If you are talking about a trade of over ~$200 I'll give them to you at 80% MSRP (maybe a little less if it's a particularly big trade). I'm honestly not trying to put the hard sell on you, I just got to thinking about it and realized how nice it would be to get EXACTLY what I was looking for in one swing versus piecemeal.

LMK if you're interested,
Ben

Sent: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:25 am
by Cleavelander

Hi Ben,
That sounds more suitable. I can check the game store for the items on your want list and get back to you with what he's got. I figure he's got just about everything on your list, but finding it is the hard part. Our local store owner is kind of a pack rat. He's got as many armies on display from his own collection as he's got for sale.

Should I just look for items in your sig? I've got ~180 in store credit at his place and 65 at another place that I'll be over the weekend when I visit my girlfriend. I've also got to consider exactly how much of your stuff that I want, but It wasn't hard for my to hit ~230 retail in trolls.

So I guess heres how we can do this:
1)Tell me what to look for.
2)I'll look for it.
3)work a trade.

Sound like a good course of action?

Sent: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 am
by vacuum

Sounds good to me, Chris. What I'd really like to get is the listed Ravenwing stuff (2x battleforces and a master of ravenwing). It comes out to almost exactly $220, which is pretty convenient. Failing that, I need the following random things (in order of priority): 1xDark Eldar Ravager, Coryphee Duet (if they have Malifaux), 1x Ogre Tyrant (WHFB), 2x Ogre Butcher (WHFB), 2x Retribution heavy warjack kit (Warmachine), Retribution Discordia upgrade kit (Warmachine).

Let me know if I need to expand on this list,
Ben

Re: H: SoB, Orks, Trolls, Circle W: Lots
Sent: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:13 pm
by Cleavelander

Hi Again
I checked and the guy has most of the stuff. The only catch is that I've got to order a second ravenwing battleforce, so that will delay the actual trade activity by a week. The shop owner only orders GW stuff weekly. So 2 ravenwing battleforces is doablem, given a little time. I'll pick up some of the other stuff(perhaps the master or the ravager and something else) this weekend when I'm out of town(won a tournament there 2 months ago). Whatever the case, I plan to finalize the details with you sometime this weekend, then carry through on the mailing the following week.

Now I've got to sit down and really figure out what stuff of yours that I want. How much did you play the army? Any commentary on what you liked using together? I'm entirely new to hordes(played 2 games of warmachine). My impulse for cool models is telling me to grab the buffalo riders. Probably champs, digmies, and whelps. After that I'm still thinking, and none of those are set in stone either. From someone else I'm getting a warpack and pyre troll, so I'll have those beasts and synergies.

Sent: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:23 pm
by vacuum

Honestly, this stuff came to me as commission for making a lot of trades for the original owner. I've only had the pleasure of having my head beat in by them a couple of times, so my tactical assessment of their capabilities is mostly limited to "oh man, x is so good!". I'll talk to the original owner over the next day or so and see what he has to say about how to play these. He's an incredibly competitive player and I'm sure his suggestions will go a long way. As a side note, I'd prefer to get all of that Ravenwing stuff together (when combined, it makes a neat little 1000pt all bikes/speeders army). I also have no problem waiting a week or however long, this is a fun project, not a competitive army that I want to field right this very second.

Sent: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm
by Cleavelander

Awesome, I'll be in contact again very soon. The prospect of this large trade has gotten me excited, as I've found it quite difficult to actually barter on this site. For the most part bartertown seems like ebay, but theres no fees and the people are easier to deal with.

Sent: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 pm
by vacuum

Hey Chris- I got to talking to my buddy and here was what he suggested:

eMadarak 18
full dygmies 46
full long riders 100
horthol 40
mulg 60
Fell caller hero 14
Grissel Bloodsong 12

Total 290

Basically, what he said was that you send in the dygmies, buff them and have them dig in, basically screening the approach of the long riders, who are in turn buffed up by the fell caller hero. Feel free to drop and add stuff as you see fit, but this looks like a pretty good core to an army (and it gets the very pricey buy of long riders out of the way).

In any case, I'm glad to hear that you're as excited about this trade, I am as well. The two battleforces and the Master make my 1000 point force that basically amounts to the master and his command squad, a second squad of bikes, a speeder and an attack bike. I also think it's really cool that these both these armies come to us as near free (tournament winnings for you, trade commission for me).

Let me know what you think,
Ben

Sent: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:51 pm
by Cleavelander

Hi Ben, I'm thinking that I can get you the following:

Ravenwing battleforce 2x
Master of the Ravenwing
Coryphee Duet

I'm in the middle of going through and shuffling the units around between the suggested list and what you have. I'll get back with you sometime over the next few days with an offer. Has your list of available trolls changed at all?

BTW, do your troll figures come with stat cards?
Sent: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:42 am
by vacuum

If you don't already have the deck, I'll throw one in (for some reason I own 2).

Ben

Sent: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 pm
by Cleavelander

Sounds Great. I like that this game is played through cards, as army books are unwieldy.

I'm pretty set on what figures I'd like to get. Its close to the list that you sent.

Mulg
Full Fennblades
Fennblade UA
Full Dygmies
Full long riders
Horthol
Felcaller

In exchange I'll get you:

2x Ravenwing battleforce
Master of Ravenwing
Coryphee duet

Because the battelforce must be ordered, this will take me about a week to ship out. If agreed upon, I should be able to ship everything by the 18th. Since I have the lower rating, I will mail first.

Sent: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:52 pm
by vacuum

I think I can go for that. To let you know- everything on that list is bare metal except for the fell caller, which is primed black. Just let me know when you ship and what the dcn is.

Ben

Sent: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:35 pm
by Cleavelander

Fabulous! I'll get right to it.

Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 pm
by Cleavelander

Hi Ben,
Just starting to collect things. what is your address? I should be able to get things out by early next week.

-CJR

Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 pm
by vacuum

Sounds great, Chris! My address is

Ben Ransom
PO Box *****
Scott, LA 70583

Just let me know,
Ben
Sent: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:44 pm
by Cleavelander

sent USPS

0310 2010 0002 1150 9427

The Master of raven wing will arrive separately. I'll send you a DC# as soon as my gf mails it.

Sent: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 pm
by vacuum

Sounds great. I'll go ahead and pack your stuff up tonight.

Ben

Sent: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:54 pm
by Cleavelander

Hi Ben,
The bulk of the items should have been delivered Saturday. Message me back when you've got them in hand.
-Chris

Sent: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:40 pm
by Cleavelander

Hi Ben,
I haven't heard from you since I sent the stuff, which is surprising since you were always pretty good about responding to PMs. I see in your references that ******* says you had some sort of emergency. Are you alright?

Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 pm
To: vacuum

Hi ben,
I haven't heard from you in 2 weeks. Are you alright? I have shipped the Master. I see by the other tracking number that the bulk of the order has arrived.

Tracking:

Ravenwing Battleforces and Coryphee:
0310 2010 0002 1150 9427 USPS

Master of the ravenwing:
0310 2010 0002 1151 0348 USPS

Sent: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:38 am
by Cleavelander

Hi Ben,
I know you haven't logged on in some time, so I doubt you'll see this. I see someone else you dealt with(*****) said that you had an emergency, so I hope that you are well. Did my shipments get to you? Have you shipped your end of the deal?

-Chris

Cleavelander ( 30 )
New Trader

Re: Trader Vacuum aka Ben Ransom MIA

Post by Cleavelander » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Tracking Numbers for my Shipments:

2 Ravenwing Battleforces and 1 Coryphee
0310 2010 0002 1150 9427 USPS

1 Master of the Ravenwing
0310 2010 0002 1151 0348 USPS

Cleavelander ( 30 )
New Trader

Post by Cleavelander » Fri May 13, 2011 5:57 pm

After a couple of letters sent to his mailbox(both moderately friendly), a package arrived from Ben this afternoon. He included a few extra figures and $20 as an '*edit* tax'(his words, not mine). Apparently circumstances have left him without internet/computer for a while, and he recognizes the problem with taking so long(almost 8 weeks) to contact me.

Consider this report resolved. If anyone else has issues with Ben, try snail mailing him. He's likely to fix it.

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Fri May 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Glad to hear it was resolved... and a GREAT example of following through on your issues! Kudos.

Changing title & moving to "resolved."

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”