BTR - Darksoul aka Thomas Sexton - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackswift ( 218 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR - Darksoul aka Thomas Sexton - Resolved

Post by Jackswift » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi,

Overview:

I hate to do this, especially since it appears that there may be heath issues causing the problem. Hopefully someone who knows Thomas Sexton will see this and contact him if he is reachable. I would be happy to complete the transaction or just get a refund with no further problem. My last communication from him indicated that he was dealing with health issues. On January 13, 2011 I contacted Darksoul with a purchase offer for 2 FW Wave Serpents (the version with the center piece in front connecting the wings), and a FW Firestorm. I was coordinating payment on another item and so coordinated with him to send payment to Darksoul on Jan 21, 2011.

Payment was sent. I recieved only one further communication from him on Feb 2, indicating that he was having health issues, but would get the items sent out that evening. I have sent additional communciations since then via IM and more recently email with no responses. It is very possible that the health issue are what is causing the problem. If so I hope he's doing okay, and getting through it. If anyone out there knows Darksoul and has been in communciation with him, please ask him to respond if he is in good enough health to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PMs and Email Communications:
NOTE: I just realized as I am putting the PM String together as copied directly from my Inbox that Darksouls IMs except for the last one are not there. I'm not sure the cause of that, whether deliberate deletion from subsequent responses, or a glitch. I went through my Inbox a while back and deleted most of the messages except for the most recent one (figuring the entire string was saved there anyway). Hopefully the admins can figure out why those PMs are missing. You can still follow the conversation, and his final response re shipping verifys that accuracy of the communications. Admins can look at the string in my Inbox if there is any question that it all goes together.

--
Sent: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 pm
by Jackswift
Not sure if you still have these. But if you do, how bout $117 for set of Wave Serpents and Firestorm.

Let me know.
Thanks,

Jon

---
Sent: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:33 pm
by Jackswift
I'm in Chicago, IL. Thanks.

----
Sent: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:18 pm
by Jackswift
Great. I am waiting for another transaction to finish. I will post payment within the next few days. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jon

-----
Sent: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 am
by Jackswift
FYI. I'm still awaiting payment on my item. I will post payment via paypal as soon as i recieve it. Either way, I will pay by the end of the week with or without paypal payment. If you are concerned, take a look at my feedback. I don't flake out. If I say I'll pay, I will. Just have to make sure bills are covered as well, and was expecting faster payment on this other transaction. Thanks for your patience. Let me know if you have any problem with this. Obviously given my delay in payment, if you get another offer on the same items that you want to go with, please feel free to go with it and let me know. I understand completely. Otherwise, you'll recieve it ASAP.

Thanks much,
Jon

------
Sent: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 pm
by Jackswift
Payment for the Eldar Firestorm and Waveserpents sent.

Regards,
Jon

-------
Sent: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:09 pm
by Jackswift
Hi,

Please let me know when these have been shipped.
Thanks,

Jon

--------
Sent: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 am
by DarkSoul
"Jackswift wrote:Hi,

Please let me know when these have been shipped. Thank you,
Jon"

Sorry been having some medical issues.. i should have this out tonight. sorry for the delay!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also sent 2 emails requesting a status or update re shipping to his paypal email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporting Details:

- I can provide the Paypal transaction number to the Admins if requested. The receipt of payment sent 01/21/2011 was Verified by paypal.
- I did some research based on his email name and found that he is associate with LostClanHobbies there is a website and Forum at http://www.lostclan.net/Lostclan/Store.html
- I also located an eBay account user ID lostclanhobbies. Both of which seem to have had no activity or communication from Darksoul aka Thomas Sexton recently.

Resolutions and Actions

- I can provide the Paypal transaction number to the Admins if requested. The receipt of payment was Verified.
- Filed this BTR 3/11/2011
- Attempted Resolution via a Paypal dispute, but they could not do anything for the type of transaction. Note to everybody out there, it's always a good idea to request an invoice from the seller first, no matter what the agreement
- Will look into other methods to attempt resolution.
- If you are out there Darksoul, please contact me. If any of you know and can get hold of him, please let him know I would just like to get this transaction resolved, either by receiving the items or a refund.

Thanks,
Jon - Jackswift

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Health ssues ? or BTR - Darksoul aka Thomas Sexton

Post by MagickalMemories » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:48 pm

First: If you delete PM's, they're just gone. They only show in the "Message History" if you still have them saved in your PM's. So, if you deleted the string, thinking you only needed the most recent one, you kind of hosed yourself.
No worries, though. You seem to have enough information to indicate that there was some wort of a deal. If you're lying about details, we can always take you out back later and beat you. ;)

In the future, do not delete ANY PM regarding a trade until the trade is complete and you've both left references, or you've resolved yourself to the fact that your partner just isn't leaving a ref.

Darksoul's a kind of "heavy hitter" in the reference department, so this does surprise me. I'm not saying I don't believe you. Sh*t happens to everyone. Just saying that I'm surprised. Rest assured that you'll most likely get your stuff. I can only think of a couple reasons why you wouldn't... and I don't really want to talk about those, as they're unpleasant thoughts. I do NOT believe he's scamming you, though, FWIW.

I can't send personal emails from work, but I've made a note to myself to email him for you tonight.

What reason did PayPal give you for not filing a claim? What kind of payment did you send, that they were not wiling to file one? I don't think it had anything to do with an invoice, since people have been doing invoice-free PayPal purchases here for a long time and have successfully filed claims before.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 am

As promised, I emailed Darksoul. I received the following email (personal details omitted):
Well I have been better. I just saw his email yesterday. I had thought I had sent everything out but I guess I was wrong. Please post that I'm very sorry and I will get out his package along with extras, this weekend. I have had some medical issues but I'm getting better. <Redacted> but also <Redacted> as well. I am recovering but <Redacted>. I don't know when ill get the chance to be back on bartertown but give all my best and thanks for the concern.

Thomas
Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Jackswift ( 218 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Jackswift » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 am

Eric, I very much appreciate you following up with him on this. Sounds like he thought he thought he was up to date and so was not checking Bartertown or email. My primary reason for submitting this was due to the lack of communication. I was hoping that someone who knew him would be able to contact him, exactly as you have done. Glad he is getting better, and give him my thanks. It looks like this will be quickly and efficiently resolved.

Thank you ,
Jon

P.S. Thanks for the tip re PMs. I should have figured it worked something like that, and will note such for future communications.

Jackswift ( 218 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Jackswift » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:26 pm

A package was received yesterday from Darksoul containing all of the agreed upon Eldar items and more. By way of compensation for the delay, he also included a fantastic, very well converted Wraithlord, and several hvy support platforms. He fully came through to complete agreed upon trade, and the extra items did more than compensate for the delay and lack of communication.

Thanks very much Thomas/Darksoul.

Please change this BTR to Resolved.
Regards,
Jon

imp522 ( 712 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Thread is locked as it has been resolved.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”