BTR - Avarice, aka Jason Mode - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

geneguard ( 30 )
Trade Novice

BTR - Avarice, aka Jason Mode - Resolved

Post by geneguard » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:18 am

On Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:11 am, user Avarice posted a thread entitled W: Assault Marines, $$$HL Cygnar, $$$. I contacted him at 11pm the same day, through Private Message. Through back and forth PMs (copy+pasted below), we agreed on a trade. I was to send a set of used bits equivalent to 10 Warhammer 40k Assault Marines. In return, Avarice was to send me three Warmachine Models: Epic Haley, Epic Caine, and Arlan Strangeways. Each model was to come with the appropriate Mk2 card as well. According to USPS tracking, he received my shipment on 2/14. I contacted him on 2/16 to ask if everything had arrived safely. I have yet to receive a reply to several subsequent PMs. Avarice has logged in to Bartertown, but has not read three of the PMs I have sent. (I assume that's what it means when they are marked as still being in my Outbox. Sorry, new here.)

PM thread (Does not include most recent PMs, which are just further attempts to get a reply.) Linked inside this thread are pics I sent to him showing the bits I was sending:

Sent: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:59 pm
geneguard wrote:Hi,

Are you looking to trade for the Assault Marines? I have a set of 10, stripped and disassembled, if you're interested.

Subject: W: Assault Marines, $$$HL Cygnar, $$$
Sent: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 am
Avarice wrote:yea what were u wanting?
Sent: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:39 am
geneguard wrote:I'm interested in eHaley, eCaine, and Arlan. Do these models come with Mk2 cards?

I have a total of 10 ASMs. They've been stripped and disassembled. Some of the stripped parts were scavenged for other projects, but I replaced those with stuff straight from sprue. So everything to assemble 10 dudes is there. Two have plasma pistols and the sergeant has a power sword. I can supply pics.
Sent: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 am
Avarice wrote:yes i do have the cards pics would be nice
Sent: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:41 am
geneguard wrote:Cool. I'll be working until fairly late today, but I'll get some pics for you tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!
Sent: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:36 am
geneguard wrote:And here you are:

This is all the ASMs:
http://tinyplasticmen.com/asmsfortrade.jpg

And a closeup example of one marine:
http://tinyplasticmen.com/asmcloseup.jpg

Each baggie has bits for one complete marine. Sergeant has a veteran pad and power sword. Two marines have plasma pistols. Most of the bits are stripped, some are new and unused. There's some paint here and there, but mostly in places where it wouldn't be seen and in any event is easily covered with fresh primer. Sorry, tried to include pics inline with this msg but they got cut off.
Sent: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 am
Avarice wrote:so
Epic haley
epic Caine, no gun smoke ends
arlan
+cards for these models for the 10 assault marines?
Sent: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 am
geneguard wrote:Works for me. These ASMs are just collecting dust now anyway. Can you send me your address? Mine is:

ADDRESS REDACTED

I'll try to have these mailed tomorrow but realistically it is more likely to be Thursday before they go out.
Sent: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:00 am
Avarice wrote:Jason Mode
ADDRESS REDACTED
Sent: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm
geneguard wrote:Hi, just letting you know I shipped this today. Sorry for the slight delay, but real life stuff > plastic army men, heh.

USPS confirmation # 0310 0480 0002 3166 3049
Sent: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:11 am
geneguard wrote:Hey,

Did the models make it ok?
Sent: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 am
geneguard wrote:Hey can you send me a message, let me know what's up? Thanks.

Here is a screenshot of the USPS tracking:

And here is a scan of my receipt:

(All images are on my hosting.)

So, to summarize, I put together a trade with Avarice. I sent first given that I'm new here. He received the items but I have not heard back from him. He has a long history of good feedback, so I'm not sure what happened. Per the suggestions in the rules/guidelines, I did some internet searching for him. I found no evidence of other problem behaviors or scams, but suffice to say I did find things I rather wish I hadn't.

I think this should cover my case pretty well but of course I will offer whatever other info I can, if needed.

geneguard ( 30 )
Trade Novice

Re: BTR Avarice, aka Jason Mode

Post by geneguard » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 am

I should have included this PM, sorry!

Sent: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm
geneguard wrote:Can you please reply within 24 hours? Otherwise I'm going to have to place negative feedback, etc.
This was a week after he received the ASMs, and I waited a couple extra days on top of that.

geneguard ( 30 )
Trade Novice

Post by geneguard » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 am

Avarice was active on Youtube in the last 24 hours, so this does not appear to be the result of some family emergency, etc.

Avarice ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Avarice » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:06 am

first of all Avarice is not my nickname on youtube. and second I did have a family emergency and no it has not been 2 weeks since i've recieved the items it's been 10 days. your items were sent out today with usps tracking 0310 3200 0000 0401 0985 and I included another model because of the delay. Tax season is a busy time where I work and I can't make it to the post office everyday.
About me:
1. GW retail doesn't equal value if you intend to sell me assembled/stripped/primed/painted items. These all devalue them and anyone can get 20-30% of GW retail.
2. If I take the time to write you please be kind enough to at least tell me no or not interested.
3. Lowest reference ships first
4. I only deal with the lower 48 states, sorry just easier that way.

geneguard ( 30 )
Trade Novice

Post by geneguard » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:52 am

I appreciate you finally getting in contact. Had you done so a little sooner I wouldn't have had to do this. Doesn't take more than a minute or two to say "Hey got your stuff but things are crazy. Give me a few days." Especially when you had logged in to Btown in that time. But what's done is done so once the models get here we can call this resolved.

Avarice ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Avarice » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:58 am

if you had a little patience this would of been resolved fine you gave me less than 2 weeks to check out the stuff and send my end of the deal before you post a bad trade reference, knowing I hadn't checked your mail, I tried logging in on my phone but i couldn't get to my messages to check them. Your bad trade reference is unwarranted in my eyes.
About me:
1. GW retail doesn't equal value if you intend to sell me assembled/stripped/primed/painted items. These all devalue them and anyone can get 20-30% of GW retail.
2. If I take the time to write you please be kind enough to at least tell me no or not interested.
3. Lowest reference ships first
4. I only deal with the lower 48 states, sorry just easier that way.

geneguard ( 30 )
Trade Novice

Post by geneguard » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:30 am

Well that's up to the mods/admins I guess. If they agree and want to remove the bad reference or whatever that's their prerogative.

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 am

Avarice wrote:if you had a little patience this would of been resolved fine you gave me less than 2 weeks to check out the stuff and send my end of the deal before you post a bad trade reference, knowing I hadn't checked your mail, I tried logging in on my phone but i couldn't get to my messages to check them. Your bad trade reference is unwarranted in my eyes.
At this point, I'm going to go on record by saying that nobody who does not have a red or green User ID should respond to the above comments unless you are the OP.
That said:

Avarice, I think you're out of line with your expectations.
You expected him to wait TWO WEEKS for you to ignore him and get around to checking things out and ship your end? That's ridiculous.
If you're in a busy period professionally, you'd have known it was coming AHEAD of time and should have had the maturity not to start any new trades, if you weren't going to be able to handle them responsibly. Obviously, you knew tax time was busy for you, you knew you weren't going to be able to make the USPS regularly & you know you weren't going to be able to respond to messages promptly. All of that should have been disclosed up front.

This BTR is valid.

Once the package is confirmed as received by the OP, we can mark this resolved and move it to the proper forum. In the future, please be aware of the power of communication.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

geneguard ( 30 )
Trade Novice

Post by geneguard » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I just got the models. Everything was packaged well, and the cards were in semi-rigid sleeves which I appreciated. eHaley's spear was bent over double, but that's going to happen sometimes when shipping models, not Avarice's fault. Besides, it was easily fixed. As he said earlier in this thread, he did send a bonus model (Journeyman Warcaster) because of his lateness. So that was appreciated as well.

So bottom line, this BTR is now resolved. Thanks!

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 pm

BTR resolved.
Changing title & moving thread to resolved subforum.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”