BTR - getupandgo - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

VonTed ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Re: BTR - getupandgo (perhaps bad feedback) -long

Post by VonTed » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Looks to be complete I see the PayPal amount has been refunded, resolved.

getupand go, you can continue to rant - but I am done.

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

getupandgo wrote:There were no 4 missing Chaffee and 3 Pershings. Those were sold well before the trade ad that you responded to was even posted. You're getting information from an old posting, and then claiming that you should have gotten stuff that wasn't included in our deal.
It's probably too late, but....

Didn't GUAG just point out that Von Ted was claiming 7 missing tanks that WEREN'T owed to him?

And how does that affect the 12 Shermans? Was he supposed to receive 6 or 12?

Cause now it's looking a little like GUAG is out of pocket for at least one tank he didn't owe, and possibly sent along a half a dozen extra Shermans that should go a long way in advance to smoothing this whole thing over.

Does EITHER party have a list of what was ACTUALLY supposed to be exchanged?
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:12 pm

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:
getupandgo wrote:There were no 4 missing Chaffee and 3 Pershings. Those were sold well before the trade ad that you responded to was even posted. You're getting information from an old posting, and then claiming that you should have gotten stuff that wasn't included in our deal.
It's probably too late, but....

Didn't GUAG just point out that Von Ted was claiming 7 missing tanks that WEREN'T owed to him?

And how does that affect the 12 Shermans? Was he supposed to receive 6 or 12?

Cause now it's looking a little like GUAG is out of pocket for at least one tank he didn't owe, and possibly sent along a half a dozen extra Shermans that should go a long way in advance to smoothing this whole thing over.

Does EITHER party have a list of what was ACTUALLY supposed to be exchanged?
I have a list, and it's NOT what Ted posted...

He took info from old trade ads I posted, cobbling it together, and claimed that's what I "owed" him.

However, it's not in the string of PMs, which is admittedly sloppy on my part, so it essentially becomes my word against his.

I think Ted has been deliberately deceptive in this dealing, and I'm planning on leaving him a negative as a warning to others...
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:22 pm

I think Ted has been deliberately deceptive in this dealing, and I'm planning on leaving him a negative as a warning to others...
I strongly advise against this.
MagickalMemories wrote:<SNIP>
Can we get both parties to agree to the following suggestion?

Getupandgo will refund an amount of money equal to the retail amount of the missing models, multiplied by the percentage of the discount on the lot (so, if VT bought from guag at 50% of retail, guag will refund 50% of retail for the missing models). VT will consider the "freebies" that guag threw in as recompense for that damage to the models that were sent.
In return, both parties will agree to leave nothing worse than NEUTRAL references for this trade and we can close it up, marking it as resolved.
I'm not saying that this is the best otion for either or both parties involved. I'm just saying it's somewhere in between what each wants.
<SNIP>
Emphasis mine.

VT acted based on my above suggestion. To change things now will, likely, make it very ugly, very messy and very complicated.

At this point, I will OFFICIALLY advise anyone reading to refrain from commenting on ANYTHING in this thread any further. If you've got something you want to say, take it to PM.

The only people posting here now should be Vonted, getupandgo and staff.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

VonTed ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Post by VonTed » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 pm

I am done. I already posted a Neutral feedback, per what I thought the agreement was. If getupandgo feels the need to not follow that, than there is nothing I can do stop it.

I love surfing around on Bartertown and seeing what is out there, what people are trading etc.... I can continue to do that regardless. Trading I will certainly be more particular on detailing that I expect items to arrive undamaged and hope this interaction does not make others question my integrity.

I think if anyone were to read a negative feedback and questioned it, I would merely point them to this thread and let them make up their own mind on the matter.

Matter is closed on my end.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:29 pm

I'd advise against the neg ref too. Neutral? Yeah. Since you didn't include a list in the PMs on what was being traded, the only thing to go by is what was in your trade ad; in which you stated:
getupandgo wrote:The Americans have been sold.
I'd just chock it up to a lesson learned and go on to bigger and better things.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Ironhide wrote:I'd advise against the neg ref too. Neutral? Yeah. Since you didn't include a list in the PMs on what was being traded, the only thing to go by is what was in your trade ad; in which you stated:
getupandgo wrote:The Americans have been sold.
I'd just chock it up to a lesson learned and go on to bigger and better things.
Fair enough. I do have the list of what was shipped out to him, and it doesn't correspond with what he posted. Additionally, the post he made on theminiaturespage contradicts some of the things that he said here (number of items in blister, and damage supposedly done).

It's certainly not my intent to cause more problems for the staff, and on their recommendation, it will be a neutral, with a caveat that I'll be indicating that I would not deal with him again based on his deceptive practices.
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.

MagickalMemories ( 822 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:55 pm

With a few exceptions, guag, you're allowed to leave almost any comment in a reference for someone.

As this seems to be resolved, I'm marking it as such and moving it to the "Resolved" subforum.

If either involved party has any questions/problems/issues on this, please contact a staff member.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Re: BTR - getupandgo - Resolved

Post by Ironhide » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:10 am

Ya know, after seeing this: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=216263, my view on the negative ref has changed. Notice the dates on the posts. This would make me feel that it was a bad trade experience, and I would leave a bad reference. YMMV.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”