BTR - DinoStudios - David DePino - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

piperider361 ( 98 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR - DinoStudios - David DePino - Resolved

Post by piperider361 »

This is a bit of a unique report, as the situation has been "resolved" on my end, but in my negotiations with one of the moderators here, I was requested to post this information up for others to see so they could be aware of this in any possible future dealings with the subject. Note that even though the issue is "resolved" on my end, I was asked to post it in the unresolved section for now, and it will be moved at a later time. In the first set of quotes you will find my series of PMs with David before communication was lost.
Re: H: IoB Elves, Minos, Nicodem W: Salamanders, Uncharted Seas
Sent: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:33 pm
by DinoStudios
Hey ,

I could take the IoB stuff if your looking to unload it. In your ad you say worthwhile price...whats worthwhile to you?

David

Sent: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:42 pm
by piperider361
Currently in IL? How's $17 shipped?

Sent: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:46 am
by DinoStudios
Sounds perfect. My address is

David DePino
0 N 522 Evans
Wheaton, IL

I will pay upon receiving the minis...as I have more + feedback

Sent: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:57 am
by piperider361
Sent out earlier this morning.

Sent: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:53 pm
by DinoStudios
Fantastic thank you

Sent: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:23 pm
by piperider361
See that the minis were delivered on 09/09. You can send payment to scott.simoneau@gmail.com.

Sent: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:32 pm
by piperider361
Any news on your front? It's been almost a week since the minis were delivered and I haven't heard anything.

Sent: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:49 pm
by DinoStudios
I havent had a chance to look at the package as I am at school. Will be home this weekend and will check it out.

David

Sent: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:42 pm
by piperider361
Updates?

Sent: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:55 pm
by piperider361
Still looking for updates on this payment. Items were delivered almost two weeks ago to the day.
Here is the initiated PM sent to the moderator on this site, whom I will not name myself, but I assume will chime in on this thread soon enough.
piperider361 wrote:Well, while compiling the below information, I've discovered I'm in pretty bad shape with providing a solid case. In the quotes below is a copy/paste, in chronological order, of our PM exchange, with the timestamps. The problem with the trade is I sent the minis in a sale and have not received payment, and he has ceases to respond to my PMs, although he seems to be reading them.
everything quoted above
As you can see above, the original PM he sent, and none of my responses, never actually stated what he was buying, which was a major flaw on my part, although isn't exactly the issue at hand, either. (It was a set of IoB Swordmaster, Cavalry, and the mage). I tried going to back to my original post, but I had remove the items since they had been sold!

The second major blunder on my part, is I seem to have misplaced the delivery confirmation number. I checked it and noticed they were delivered on the 9th, and have since then misplaced it. Probably in the trash. :roll: I have contacted my credit card company to get a copy of the receipt, but it could take up to 30 days. So I will be able to get it eventually, but do not have it on hand immediately.

So I don't believe I have enough evidence to move forward with this for any further action, but I do believe there is still obvious wrongdoing on the opposing party's end. A concern I do have is that he currently has a new H/W list up with other new traders responding to, and I'm worried they may fall into the same boat. It's obviously not my place to step in there, but I wanted to bring the issue up in case someone else felt it may warrant need.

If there is any further information you need from me at this time, please let me know.
The moderator attempted to contact the subject via PM with negative results, and subsequently was able to contact the subject's residence via other means and speak with a family member. On September 26, 20 days after the trade began and 16 days after the subject ceased to respond to PMs, I received

DinoStudios wrote:I paypal'd you.

David
and payment (an overpayment, actually) in my Paypal account.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad Trader Report - DinoStudios

Post by MagickalMemories »

That Moderator is actually an Administrator... but I'll give you a pass on it this time. :wink: :lol:

In seriousness:

I PMed DinoStudios after readind the OP's PM to me. After 24 hours, I was able to see that Dino had read the PM, but I still did not have a response.

Exercising a little goolge-jitsu, I managed to locate a number accostiated with his residence... where another male (of older age) and a female also lived.
So, I called the "older male" and spoke with him.
As you may have guessed, this was Dino's dad. He was very helpful, and took all of the information I had.

The next day, I got a PM from Dino stating that he paid (and, in fact, over-paid) piperider, including extra funds for the delay. he also expressed a bit of anger that piperider called his parent's house.

Dino and I exchanged a few PM's which included me advising him (a) that *I* was the one who made that call and (b) I wouldn't have had to, if he'd just kept his word.

We exchanged a couple more where, essentially, he was trying to side-step any blame and trying to make up excuses why it wasn't really his fault (my words, not his). All of his protestations were met with logic that proved the fallacy of his statements.

In the end, DinoStudios advised me that he was "done" with Bartertown... which is fine. He was headed that way, anyway. Keep an eye on the Hall of Shame.

Eric

--Closing report.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”