Poor Trader: El Guapo

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

BITZJUNKIE ( 1096 )
Resident Trader

I do

Post by BITZJUNKIE »

I do... Gainesville, FL.

I have written an email to a local out there, based on the previous links, asking for some help and I've received no reply :roll: .

kturock wrote:
Spire_182 wrote:Ya know, I've been beating my head why this guy sounded familiar. I just couldn't place it. I must be getting old. Or it could be one to many concussions when I was fighting on the kick-boxing circuit in Southeast Asia. Yeah, I like that :mrgreen:

I tracked him down before, I'll do it again.

Let's see:

Here's a My Space page.

He's in Florida now, that would be the Kingdom of Trimaris. Find the group closest to his address and contact that group's officers. That is how I got him to respond the last time he had a BTR here on the forums.

In his My Space Profile (last login 06/07/2008) he clams to be an officer of the Meridian Army. Contact those people too.

Be polite, explain what happened and place a link to this thread.

Again, disclaimer: Not all SCA members or US Army veterans are like this. We are generally really good people. Wait a minute, he's ex-Military Intelligence, well they are all pretty much like this then.
do you have an area in florida? i'm in florida, and an ex-SCA'r. i still know some people in. if he's stealing on the net, chances are, he'll do it in person; if given the chance.
Need Terrain? Visit me at:
http://konfliktterrain.webs.com/

BT Refs: http://bartertown.com/trading/ref_view. ... r_id=12578

Lower BT ratings ships first; paypal preferred. Reply to PMs, even with a "no thanks." I may lag, but I will reply!

Please try to leave a ref for each transaction. I always will. It tells myself and others what kind of trade partner I am!
Spire_182 ( 124 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Spire_182 »

Hey, they have a Coronation planned in his local group. Try contacting the Steward.

Also, try contacting his Knight's Marshal, Houston is a stick jock. The Knight's Marshal should know him/of him.

Mark
locust ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Poor Trader: El Guapo

Post by locust »

I just came back to BT after a long absence, though I haven't posted till now and found this thread. Have you gotten this resolved yet? I live here in Gainesville and I believe this El Guapo is the same one who frequents my local game store. (No I'm not him.) We have a local gaming forum that you may want to check out. You could probably get some info on our forum. http://www.gvillegaming.org/index.html The store owner is constantly on as are a bunch of the rest of us here in town. I tried for several weeks to arrange a trade between a friend of mine and this guy (if its the same one) but kept getting the same move/job excuses. Trade never happened. I post there as Locust as well so if you want you can always get ahold of me there if you need any info. I check the forum and my messages frequently there and hope to be doing more here on BT.

Greg.
Go on, laugh! But one day, you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure... Then you'll look over and I'll be there... Doin'... stuff!
BITZJUNKIE ( 1096 )
Resident Trader

Post by BITZJUNKIE »

Thanks for the info - and looking into this old thread!

Nope... he never rectified the situation with me. I would suggest that those living within his area be wary of him though.

I may still have some specifics on his location in archived PMs, so if you do need it, I may still have it ;). I reported him online and filed a couple complaints with fraud and local authorities - I even tried to contact his LARP steward and Marshal, with no replies.

Great looking website too! You need to look Vycem up and have him game with you all!

The $20 lost was never truly an issue; I consider myself lucky that it was ONLY 20 bucks. It was more the principle of the thing, y'know?

Thanks for the insight though :wink:
Rick
Need Terrain? Visit me at:
http://konfliktterrain.webs.com/

BT Refs: http://bartertown.com/trading/ref_view. ... r_id=12578

Lower BT ratings ships first; paypal preferred. Reply to PMs, even with a "no thanks." I may lag, but I will reply!

Please try to leave a ref for each transaction. I always will. It tells myself and others what kind of trade partner I am!
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

If anyone has, or can get, his SCA name, pm me. I'm an ex-stick jock and my wife is an ex-pelican. [polical behind the scenes worker].
A good bud of mine is a duke and still has contact with the knight's council.
He can post, or find out about him, on their emails..nothing like getting thrown out for making the society look bad.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
locust ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by locust »

I will probably see him this Saturday at the local store. I'll try and see what I can do for you. If I can get some info, I'll PM it to you BITZJUNKIE.
Go on, laugh! But one day, you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure... Then you'll look over and I'll be there... Doin'... stuff!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I know it's an old thread, but I want this information spammed wherever appropriate:

FYI:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=101628

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”