BTR: Jfox5945 - Jason Fox

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Re: BTR: Jfox5945 - Jason Fox

Post by wsott1970 »

It is their consumer protection wing... or something like that... Just ask them for the independent consumer protection number.

I have found my way to it aa few times... but I tend to forget the specifics between each episode of it occurring.

I do know that the USPS never solved any lost item for me... but that commercial wing did every time.

This used to happen a lot more... and I have sold on eBay pretty much since it was created... So, this would happen a lot in the old days... but last time I had to go through this might be 4-5 years ago... I had offered a refund but the person wanted that package and was willing to wait for it to be found.

The package is sitting in a warehouse where USPS put packages that are deemed undeliverable. However, they take pictures of the packages and enter info into their system to help locate it later... That is where that consumer agency comes in... They basically deep dive into the data and will send you pics of what they think is the correct package... and they always found mine first try.

Thanks,
Sean
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-cam.cfm

Locator for your local Consumer Affairs office.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

Haven't talk to them in a few years, but I think these days it is this...

https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-cam.cfm
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Did you send it insured? If so, you should get your money back because USPS lost it and admits to it.

If you didn't insure it. WHY NOT?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Ah, KT. You know how it goes.
Nobody ever expects their package to get lost by USPS. If they send via Priority, they usually just accept the standard $50 and call it a day. Otherwise, they rely on the tracking #. Those of us with less knowledge about how USPS handle packages (and how many they handle) don't really realize just how many packages turn up missing in a year.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Yes, but he can get at least $50 back.

Like I always said when I worked with customers, if it's not worth the couple bucks to insure it; it's not worth the time to complain if it gets lost or damaged.
So for the sake of saving $5 he lost how much?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:02 pm
Those of us with less knowledge about how USPS handle packages (and how many they handle) don't really realize just how many packages turn up missing in a year.
Eric
Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Ark_Government_Warehouse_new.jpg

Somewhere in a USPS warehouse are squats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Just a friendly reminder that this is still an active BTR. So before it gets too out of hand with discussion, try to keep the comments semi-related. Although I did laugh at the Squats thing.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

Thank you for additional information, but I am so lost trying to use the automated system after they close a search. Neither the tracking number or the dispute number given by usps registers with the automated system
If you message me, I will make it a point to respond as soon as I can, interested or not. Please afford me the same courtesy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Use the link wsott provided above. Put in your zip code. Call the # that shows. Tell them what's up and see what happens from there.
If they try to give you the brush off, you might have to put in HIS Zip Code, and call the # that shows with HIS Zip.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”